April 18, 2024, 11:30:49 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: The Status Of Our Fellow Raiders  (Read 78136 times)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
Re: The Status Of Our Fellow Raiders
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2021, 08:50:24 PM »
Mercy, NO1SY, mercy T-T

Thanks! I don't want to play too hard into the trope of the unloved nerd of course. Plenty of love (and lovely nerds), for everyone.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 02, 2021, 04:42:59 PM »
Well, I got some good news to brighten up the day: I got engaged this Saturday! Turns out that being an anime nerd in the internet for 10+ years isn't a detriment to finding a spouse, lol.

Wow! Congratulations Coryn! So exciting~ :D
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/noteriddler

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 02, 2021, 05:40:14 PM »
Thanks Echo! It's still sinking in. But now starts the hard work of planning this wedding. So much work left ahead of us!

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2021, 06:09:16 AM »
I went ahead and put a small little welcome back thread post in the welcome center, but I figure here's a better place to really go into depth and share what my life's been like on the outside.

My life's been a total rollercoaster since I lost my first love back in sophomore year of college. I'm starting to get more comfortable with the chaos, and there's a lot that I've had to come to terms with and accept, both about the world and about myself. It's been a journey of learning self love through making healthy boundaries and relationships.

Progress:
Where do I even begin? I'm engaged, we're moving into our first place together without any other roommates this August, I've come out to my family as trans, I'm actually on HRT, and by loosening my grip on my desire to be a teacher, I've become so much more open and in touch with my creative side. I was stifling it because I felt that a lot of things that I want to create might be used against me for being a teacher, because I know that a lot of themes I would love to explore might not always be the most "school appropriate" things, if you know what I mean. I kept going back and forth in my head over whether or not I wanted to try being a content creator again. The fact that I'm here shows that I chose "yes". To me, that's a big step, because it means that I really am taking my life back after all these issues I've been having with school.

I'm also going to therapy somewhat regularly again. And, though I had employment issues in light of COVID, and wound up having to quit work last semester so I could squeeze on through with the awful Depression I was fighting just a few months ago, I'm happy to report that Waffle House is once again my Waffle Home. And my fiance works there with me!

Improvements:
In my writing, I'm not sure how to describe it. But for my art, I've started to work more with silhouette and shape. I feel like I've levelled up, and I'm so excited to start compiling things and showing you all. I recently completed, for the first time, the 250 box challenge from drawabox. I'm pretty proud of that one. I know Lego's output blows me out of the water by supernova levels, but, since it's been years since I've drawn, I'm just happy to be doing it again at all.

I feel like I've started to create works that I actually like. I've explored journaling and poetry, and I know that I might start to create more drabbles based on some of the beautiful and intense things I experience as a result of my synesthesia. I've found that poetry captures it pretty well. I took a music theory class as an elective and failed because I didn't complete all the assignments, and so I keep considering going into that as well. I make playlists for specific feelings and stuff for friends.

In short, I can feel my horizons broadening. There's more that I'm willing to try, and I'm more willing to suck at things for a while, because I've...sort of become more okay with just being enough as I am. I kinda used to be a stiff and uptight kid, looking back, wasn't I? lol
Haha signature go brr.

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
  • Will eat your cookies
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 12, 2021, 06:57:27 AM »
That is quite a lot to happen over a relatively short period!

I feel like a huge part of growing up is learning how to feel comfortable and proud in yourself and your capabilities, and also working out and achieving what you need to do to get there - seems like you've made some great progress.

It's very interesting to hear about your schooling experience and the reservations you've had about your career path. It's difficult because I think that teaching may be just about the only profession where that sort of crossover with personal life interests is considered to matter to such an extent that it could cause problems. But you seem to be looking at the change in path really positively which is fantastic.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2021, 09:01:34 AM »
It sounds like you've been through the ringer bud, but glad to read that conclusion at the end. You seem to have taken one of the greatest steps in the transition to "adulthood".

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 12, 2021, 09:08:55 AM »
Yeah, I can tell that I'm becoming more of an adult and honestly I'm not as bummed as I thought I would be about it, but it is about time for me to be making jokes about how I don't fit in with the kids anymore.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 12, 2021, 09:17:24 AM »
The next step is realizing that you don't need to .ale those jokes, because it's already obvious, lol

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2021, 03:51:16 AM »
@Mahlua
great to see you back again, glad things are improving!
And sorry to hear the troubles you've faced.

Yeah since I work in a school I know the sort of feelings you're having regarding content creation, and glad you chose to be on the creators side!!

ahaha definitely sounds like you levelled up a bit in life :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline WhiteCrow

• Society X Origins undergoing changes
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2021, 01:32:39 AM »
Been some time.

I guess i'll start with the writing... I stopped. I haven't written in a long time. I got a good job, became work obsessed and began telling myself that my writing wasn't that great to begin with. Wasn't good at describing scenes, scenery, dialogue, etc. So, focused on work. Been promoted a few times. Made 5 years with the employer this past June.

Still think about Society X a lot. I have so much promotional content - different artwork - stuff like that. And I recently had Society X pop in to my mind because of God of High School. Webtoons most popular item (I believe) and then it hit me that Society X was at one point #1 on one of their lists a long time ago. So I dunno - I have to get better at writing.

On the personal side - family is good.
Time is hard to come by. I am going to try my best to dedicate the time needed to finish the MR Project.

Other than that, same old same old.

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
  • Will eat your cookies
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2021, 06:27:45 AM »
I think you’re being too harsh on your writing Crow! It was pretty awesome to see the success you had with SocX, which was well deserved. And the insights you shared on here about your experience were some of the best content on this forum :)

Glad to hear about your work and the family. Very conscientious!

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2021, 11:58:28 AM »
Yeah Crow! There's no shame in stepping away from writing for a while, even if it's unplanned. There isn't a raider here that hasn't taken a break from what they do. Even after years, the inspiration and drive can always strike. And it's not about being the greatest, it's about having fun. And frankly, the fact that Society X once stood in the same place as God of Highschool should be more than enough to tell you that you've got the talent. GOHS is pretty banging, so it is a great way to measure your own success.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 10, 2021, 01:49:27 AM »
@WhiteCrow
thats understandable but we can always see our own faults strongly as artists and writers, so dont beat yourself up too much about it. there's always places we can gain more skill, but if you spend your entire life levelling up you wont produce any content no matter how good you get :P

and wow #1 in the past? that's pretty epic, wish I could get there some day myself :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline Crystal (BobbyjoeX)

• o-o
  • no idea what i'm doing anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 11, 2021, 10:58:34 AM »
status on my life, i might be moving again.the place im trying to get, i hope i get it cause i'll be closer to my dad

Click the Banner to Read

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 11, 2021, 02:57:09 PM »
ah hope that works out for you!
moving house can be a hassle but in the long run it'll be worth the effort :)