March 02, 2024, 03:47:17 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Status Of Our Fellow Raiders  (Read 75594 times)

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: The Status Of Our Fellow Raiders
« Reply #300 on: October 25, 2023, 02:36:01 PM »
@nabe it's been a while XDXD great to see you around. can't remember if we crossed paths but I've been on MR a while.
definitely don't give up on your dreams!!!!!
unfortunately life has a habit of making "adults" out of all of us. work, pay the bills, cook a microwave meal, sleep.
yep get that pen on paper and keep writing, the rust will soon give way to skill XD
you can post here for feedback or to show off what you write!
You're going to enter competition? all the best!
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Nabe Man

• more daydreaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 25, 2023, 05:38:46 PM »
@super-san  Thank you so much for the kind words. I dont think we have crossed paths but when I look at your name long enough some bells are ringing. Great your still here and giving the good fight. And yes its a first ever writers competition for a manga magazine. I can elaborate further on it (although i might be bringing more competition :glare: :ninja:) in a topic.

@coryn  Oh my nearly a whole decade... That is a trip down memory lane....
Shall i consult the darkness within....

(Great to hear from you Coryn. Youre definitely one of the MR Pillars.)

« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 02:48:15 PM by Nabe Man »

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 27, 2023, 11:41:29 AM »
yeah I'm taking the slower route to follow my art dreams, with a stable job I can support myself while I gain the skills I want, without having to worry about making ends meet in the meantime.

there's nothing to be lost from entering competitions, and they always give good opportunities to objectively see what your best is and where you need to improve. Especially since I think all submissions get a review of sorts, that's professional advice that you can tap into, if just a little.
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline Nabe Man

• more daydreaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 27, 2023, 03:11:04 PM »
True true. So something like you win even if you lose   :push:

Creativity can be wild and overwhelming. Its now just to bridle it with some level of logic so it can be conveyed as best as possible.

Offline IndigoDoll90

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 30, 2023, 01:30:16 PM »
I hate to do this but feel like I need to vent a little. Maybe I'm overreacting but lately been feeling like the managers at work think I'm stupid. Also though it's a good start where I'm working I've been there for over 4 years now and worried I'm going to be stuck where I am. I want to be an artist but I feel like while I got some talent I have no brains to go with it and once people realize that they won't care for my artwork. Also not entirely sure how to make money off my artwork anyway and most of what I do is rough sketching and concept art anyway. Also haven't drawn much lately since I can't think of much these days. I'm kind of worried I'm losing my creativity and not sure what to do. Other than being creative I have no other talents and I really want to have talent more than anything else.

Offline Nabe Man

• more daydreaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 30, 2023, 04:46:33 PM »
Woah! So you’re managers think you’re stupid and you feel you have no brains for art. That’s a tough combination to shoulder. If I could I’d suggest that you make a list of artists you look up and admire and try to develop a style that you are satisfied with . You could use art in many mediums for work so probably make a decision as to which one you wanna do . I seen someone sell obese Pokémon pictures. Right now your job is important as it pays the bills and funds your process. Be patient but ways to be proactive in the manga sense is developing character expressions and body positions that’s if you doing manga. Many manga usually just copy and paste expressions, proportions and body language .

If you need inspiration most times you have to go looking for it and ask many what if questions in my perspective. Hope I helped in some way

Offline IndigoDoll90

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 31, 2023, 10:11:05 AM »
I might be overreacting about the managers at work. And while I'm good at drawing faces and expressions could work more on poses especially when drawing on the computer. Use to be I would look up action poses and try to draw them but haven't done that in so long might be worth getting back into until I can think of something else.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 31, 2023, 01:49:10 PM »
@indigo sorry to hear about that, and no worries we all need to vent every now and then.
I do wonder perhaps that you're maybe looking at things negatively without too much reason? Like you don't actually know for sure how your managers feel, but you're looking at things in a negative light. I don't know your entire circumstances so that's a guess.

To be honest when I see artworks I almost never think about the person that made it, I don't think that's something to massively worry about? If anything, if I thought an artist was "stupid", but they made good art, that would actually make me MORE impressed, not less!

Also not entirely sure how to make money off my artwork anyway and most of what I do is rough sketching and concept art anyway.
Now this is a much more practical worry to have! I think it's great that you're considering how to sell your work, but as you have realized already, rough sketches are not as popular as finished pieces. So perhaps try and do some finished work, take some sketches and finish them up, colour them and maybe post to Instagram or whatever social media you use. It might take a while but you will surely get some followers if you keep posting, which will eventually lead to someone wanting to commission you. That's the route I'm planning to take, it's not the most lucrative but it's likely to work in the long run.

I would look up action poses and try to draw them
That's a great idea!
I've done the same in the past and I still do from time to time, it's great for improvement.

And you can always post some of your art here on the forum if you want specific feedback on what to improve!
All the best :D

Offline IndigoDoll90

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 01, 2023, 04:32:53 PM »
Well did some talking and I was definitely overreacting about the managers at work thinking I'm stupid. Like I said I have a tendency to overreact. I'm not the best at adding color to my artwork but definitely something else I need to practice on. And definitely could work on turning some of my concept art into something finished. Also been working on figure drawing and poses like you guys mentioned. Will have to post some of my stuff I've been working on lately.

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 01, 2023, 05:00:38 PM »
Man, it's been a while since I was a regular poster here huh? I still lurk about regularly but haven't really engaged with what's left of the community outside of those who have joined my server.

Hrm... Let's see notable updates that may be of interest...

Been either sick or recovering from other medical stuff off and on this year. That and mental burnout really threw a wrench into the cogs of my mind when it comes to art. That said recently I've been chipping away at some art I owed some other people and have my list nearly clear. That plus the depression medication I was put on to help me focus and get tasks done has been helping my mental state a lot. Recently been reteaching my brain to enjoy doing art for myself without the pressure of "finishing" it to throw it before the masses. Been doing concept art for my story, Grey, so I'm a bit excited about that.

---

And not exactly my news but I noticed WhiteCrow rebooted his comic, Society X, as "Sol Nexus" on Webtoons the other day.

Offline Nabe Man

• more daydreaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 01, 2023, 06:24:29 PM »
Oh wow. I dont think we chat before but hey to a fellow raider.

Sounds like things are looking up for you which is always good. I could sense you are doing what you can to trudge forward through your post.

So mangaraiders are now server raiders. I was wondering where they all went . Jk Jk. Sounds great that you all have another space to connect. Mangaraiders has gotten quiet and of course its what would make sense to happen . Life gets everyone.

Its cool that your back to working on GREY. If its ever available cant wait to read.

I remember whitecrow i could probably pop for a read of his webtoon. Thx for that.

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 01, 2023, 06:48:33 PM »
Ello! ^^ I don't think we have, at least that I recall. I think I do recall seeing a lot of your posts scattered around the server around the time I joined. Looks like we joined the server the same year.

Discord has been a good place to keep in touch with several friends I've made here over the years.

And thanks. ^^ If/when I ever get to publishing it I'll be sure to let it be known to the server. This is where the project got it's start after all.

Offline Nabe Man

• more daydreaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 01, 2023, 07:49:33 PM »
Sounds great !

We did join at the same time wow. I must say I do find your name familiar .

And with reference to all my scattered works lol. I missed that Scatter brain side of me.
There’s so many good things I lost while away from writing. I thought the best way
To reclaim it was the place that helped started it all and it’s slowly coming back and helping .

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 01, 2023, 08:04:21 PM »
My username was Robin Ryuu for a long time. Had a white and teal dragon pfp.

Offline Nabe Man

• more daydreaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 02, 2023, 03:17:25 AM »
That’s the one . I had thought maybe robin ryuu was like bird dragon. Or it could be robin be your name or a name you like so it was like “name that you like dragon”.

Well now your robin rain so theres probably an evolution going on there . Robin Dragon of the rain “thunderstorms”