March 02, 2024, 02:53:59 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Status Of Our Fellow Raiders  (Read 75587 times)

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: The Status Of Our Fellow Raiders
« Reply #285 on: June 03, 2023, 03:41:53 PM »
started counting calories to diet seriously now, so far not going great but I'm getting better. kinda like everything else at the moment khahaha

jogging is going so-so, still doing it about every other day and doing about 2k now. the days I miss is because of oversleeping, so I'm working to get my sleep schedule together which I think is at the core of good productivity.

Just wondering how everyone is going with their projects with not much activity on MR, I hope everyone's still managing to do art or writing or whatever their thing is. All the best to you all!
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Gubbs

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 04, 2023, 06:17:24 PM »
Heya Suuper. Nice to hear that you're getting exercise and eating well, a strong body is the foundation for a strong mind and soul.
Currently my efforts towards art and writing are few, but I've still been sketching now and then (landscapes mostly). Need to get back into the groove of things.

I had been spending a lot of free time on different hobbies, but I ended up injuring my shoulder doing that so now I'm avoiding anything intensive on the arms. It's frustrating to injure yourself doing something you enjoy and to not be able to do that activity again for a prolonged time. In hindsight I was overtraining and should've been more cautious. Now I've been filling that time with more skateboarding and reading, which is all well and fun.

I might throw a post together with some sketches from recent history soon.
Hope all is well with you!

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 05, 2023, 04:20:11 PM »
ah noooo sorry to hear about the injury!! yeah not being able to do what you enjoy must be awful  :/ glad you're making the most of it though. I'd like to do more reading talking of that :P

ooooh would be great to see what you're up to!! looking forward to seeing some sketches :D
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 07, 2023, 07:44:58 AM »
my life productivity has been on the rise the last few weeks, things look like they're getting together finally. My room is ultra-tidy now, feels very strange.

I'm not really sure what's led to this boost, which always makes me somewhat concerned that I wont be able to keep it up indefinitely, but I think in part, it's thanks to trying to restore my sleep schedule to how it was when I was at my best (super early bed, super early rise). So possibly the boost is simply because I'm working along with how my body/mind works best.

also having a solid to-do list helps for productivity as you can plan your day, you're never stuck wondering what to do and therefore waste time.

artwise it's not so great, but that's because I've been prioritizing super old stuff that needed doing (such as tidying my room!), and so I'm slowly reaching the end of that list now.

my diet didn't start well but I think that's partly because you forget what things have calories, like fruit juice and stuff. and so now that I am up-to-date with how much everything has I'm getting better at cutting back. weight is unchanged as of yet but I'm hopeful!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 07:58:47 AM by Suuper-san »

Offline Crystal (BobbyjoeX)

• o-o
  • no idea what i'm doing anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 13, 2023, 01:45:05 PM »
wat up beaches! im slowly working on my comic and also working on formating vol 1. other than that, im surviving :'3

Click the Banner to Read

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 05, 2023, 09:46:44 AM »
Holy schnikers did I fall off the face of the earth for a while there. Hello all! I have been consumed with house stuff, and am glad to see MR again.

House is 80% moved in to. Remaining 20% moving at a much slower rate as we sort out the logistics of it all, lol.

I have actually got some writing done. I think it’s real quality work. Like, "submit to an agent when it's finished" quality. We'll see. I'm taking my time doing my due diligence for research before diving back into the writing itself, but the spark is there, I just need to fan it.

Glad to hear things are going well for both Suuper and Crystal! Bad luck there Gubbs with the arm, but it's an important lesson we all learn the hard way eventually. Best of luck.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 06, 2023, 05:12:45 AM »
Awesome.
If your house moving goes anything like mine you'll stay at 80% complete for the rest of your life lol we had boxes that we didn't open for years XD

Glad the writing is working out too, I know it can be hard to keep up hobbies when big things are going on. Hopefully we'll get to see some of this legendary work at some point :P

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 03, 2023, 04:06:13 PM »
At some point for sure, lol

I'm still crazy busy (as evidenced by me dropping out for another month after that post), but progress continues. Getting an actual outline put together this time, which has been a njce change of pace.

Houses take a lot to keep up with though I'm finding. Always little things to fix.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 04, 2023, 11:48:32 AM »
Little by little and you'll make progress definitely :D
Gah so true, whenever I finish some job on the house there's always the next thing. It's ridiculous.
I think perhaps, partly, that the closer you get to everything being ok, the more smaller jobs you notice that need doing. So it's like a loop where you're trying to raise the quality each time.

For me, I've been slacking in my exercise but the diet has been going well, I've lost around 4kg now which doesnt really show yet.
I've been working on improving my attitude towards tasks that I keep putting off, by doing just a tiny bit each day, and it's been sort of successful.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 14, 2023, 12:28:38 PM »
I feel that exercise slack off >.< I put in a fair amount of weight the first half of this year thanks to the immense amount of stress I was under. I stopped counting calories, working out, or considering my diet. And because I stress eat and I drink to relax, consumtion went up across the board.

I'm back on the right track, and I've already noticed a visual improvement just because my diet isn't leaving me so bloated all the time, but it's a decent walk back I need to take.

My one saving grace is that of the 14 lbs I put on in the last 8 months, about 4.5 of those were muscle. Which should make it easier to burn the fat back off.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 14, 2023, 12:53:10 PM »
Ah yeah I tend to stress eat as well, although not very much so usually it's not an issue as long as I'm not stressed continuously XD
Sorry to hear of the stress but glad you're back on track :D

I'm slowly turning around on the exercise again, with a new mindset for productivity:
With any task that is important, I will definitely do a minimum of 5 minutes a day on it. Especially with important tasks that I don't want to do (exercise, tidying, cleaning etc), just starting is usually the issue. So I tempt myself into doing it with a super small time limit. And usually but not always, I'll do a little longer, if not a fair chunk of the task. But on days when I really really dont want to do it, then 5 minutes of work still chips away at the task and keeps it fresh in my mind.
So far I've been improving almost daily in the amount I'm getting done, although small beginnings so far, we'll have to wait and see how it goes long term.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 21, 2023, 03:16:31 PM »
My schedule has finally stabilized after several years of chaos so that even on bad days, I'm productive and I very quickly get back on track. It's keeping me a lot more productive but I find I'm more tired than I used to be, maybe just from being more active.

My sleep schedule is also stabilizing with an early sleep and early rise, which I find to be the best for productivity and general self esteem. Really all it took was a higher awareness of what I wanted to do, which helped in motivation for stopping whatever I'm doing and going to bed on time XD

I now run 4km daily although I have to take a couple of walking breaks as I can't run the whole thing in one go yet. But I'm getting there, I can almost run 1km segments.

As far as my art goes it's hopelessly behind my targets but I'm catching up momentum now with just doing a little every day and I'm gradually doing more and more each day. So I've got high hopes for the short term in restoring my massive output of sketches and work.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 23, 2023, 09:40:09 AM »
Glad your goals are going well Suuper (especially that running distance)!

I've been super busy working on the house myself. Been staining my deck and railings trying to get ahead of the rain that's about to hit us after so many months of drought. Funny how I'm still going to fall a little short, lol.

Jacked my ankle up a bit I'm afraid, so leg days and my running game have definitely suffered, but I'm making progress at the gym all the same. That and several kitchen projects of mine are moving along well (sourdough bread is definitely still a challenge, but it's edible now)!

Got some good writing done. Working up a Dune AITI game while laying out the skeleton of my next book. I also wrote a personal collection of thoughts while I was at it which I think I mentioned elsewhere.

All in all, life aint bad, just busy, lol. I am working to have a consistent reading schedule again though which always sets me in a good mindset.

Offline Nabe Man

• more daydreaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 24, 2023, 04:10:35 PM »
Dreams get put off but im not the type to give up on them even if its been 9 years since i been here.
Mangaraiders has made a positive and memorable impact on said dream and im glad its still here.
(Its almost bittersweet).
 An international writers competition is afoot in japan and they are looking for writers story and possibly get work published. So amongst farm school, im putting pen to paper then computer screen to do some writing. (RUSTY THO)

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 25, 2023, 11:03:17 AM »
Nabe! Long time no see.

Glad you're still willing to write, even when life gets busy. How has the last near decade been?