March 02, 2024, 04:14:45 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Giving Up  (Read 3044 times)

Offline IndigoDoll90

• View Profile
Giving Up
« on: October 06, 2023, 11:24:26 AM »
Maybe I'm just saying this because I'm tired but I feel like I'll never be a great artist. I hate to give up on my dream but lately I've come to realize dreams don't really come true. Sorry if I sound depressed probably doesn't help that I'm so tired.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: Giving Up
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2023, 03:37:13 PM »
I'm really sorry to hear you're feeling that way Indigo...
When you are tired it can definitely make it harder to focus or think positively, I know myself, it's difficult to drag yourself into bed when there's a show you want to watch or whatever but you will feel a lot better just getting enough sleep.
Being depressed can contribute to tiredness, I have experienced this myself as well, it takes a lot of effort to wake up and do anything. I don't know your circumstances but setting small goals for productivity might help, things that are reachable, like 5 minutes exercise or eating enough fruit or veg. Small things at first but it can, over time, contribute to better well being.
As for your dreams of being a great artist, maybe calling it a dream in the first place is making it difficult to reach? Like it's such a massive thing you don't know where to start?
Being skilled in anything takes not only time and effort, but it's a series of reaching small goals to reach that big one. Like doing a small sketch every single day, this is probably one of the best ways to improve. You can join me in sketch survival if you'd like? I have plenty of bad days where I can barely draw a face, but I keep pushing through so on the good days, I'm prepared to draw something and I get a good sketch out of it. You can't get good doing nothing, that's for sure :D

If you're feeling down and just want a chat, I usually come round MR a couple of times a day, feel free to PM me anytime.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 03:43:24 PM by Suuper-san »
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline IndigoDoll90

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2023, 05:20:54 PM »
Thanks managed to get a little sleep so starting to feel a little better. I have a tendency to get depressed when tired. I really think you got a point about setting smaller more attainable goals and usually that seems to help me. And maybe you're right and dream isn't the right word because the word makes me think of the dreams we have at night. Maybe a better word is a goal. And I seem your sketch survival thread and just might join in and work my way up to doing my own. I kind of hate to give up on the things I enjoy but been still kind of struggling with my self esteem and doesn't help that I'm not the most responsible.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2023, 06:51:00 AM »
It can take time to build up good habits, so don't worry if you're not where you want to be, as long as you keep working at it little by little you will get there!
I feel good about myself even when I just make my bed and remember to brush my teeth XD
So make sure to notice your small victories when you've done something worthwhile.
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline IndigoDoll90

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2023, 03:10:48 PM »
Yeah it does take a whole to build habits. Still even though I was able to finally get the apartment clean I feel so bad that I let it get so messy and need some help to push myself to get started on cleaning.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2023, 07:49:00 AM »
well done :D
I hardly kept my room tidy for years but now in the last month I just tidy one or two little things a day, every day, and now it stays mostly tidy with no effort :P

Offline IndigoDoll90

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2023, 05:54:06 AM »
Thanks but still feel so bad that I let it get so messy. My boyfriend keeps telling me not to be so hard on myself and that I'm actually smart but I'm just not seeing it. He doesn't seem to get it anyway. I told him how the Dr says I have ADHD but he doesn't seem to think I really have it. While it would be nice if I didn't have ADHD the Dr is more educated and I'm really starting to think the Dr is right. Maybe I should just tell my BF that I actually do actually have ADHD. Maybe then he would stop thinking so highly of me. No one has ever thought so highly of me anyway.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2023, 09:06:55 AM »
Just because someone has ADHD isn't a reason to look down on someone or not think highly of them. I work with children who have autism, ADHD, OCD and so on and they all have different strengths and weaknesses, it's not a fit-in-a-box sort of thing.

Yeah it's not good to be hard on your self when you can't change the past. But you can look at the cause of why you did things, like "why did I let my room get so messy?", then whatever the reason was, you can be on the lookout that it doesn't happen again. But don't kick yourself if it does happen again, just focus on little ways you can improve for next time.

And also remember that other people might present themselves (especially online) as not having any faults, and you might feel bad comparing yourself to them, but that's not how everyone is in real life. We all have stuff we're trying to work on, but people don't always talk about it freely.

Offline IndigoDoll90

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2023, 02:45:32 PM »
Well I am trying to improve on keeping my apartment clean. Also being the tech obsessed person that I am been looking into apps to help me get organized and stuff. Still not entirely sure how well it will all work. Still kind of struggling coming to terms with ADHD a little. I guess as long as I can learn to cope with the symptoms that might be good enough but sometimes I wish there was a cure. Maybe then I could have a more exciting life like I want.