March 29, 2024, 08:10:41 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Tales From The Convention Hall....  (Read 4374 times)

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
Tales From The Convention Hall....
« on: February 10, 2019, 01:47:18 AM »
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but  :noidea:.

I thought it'd be fun to have a place to share stories about conventions you've attended in the years gone by. Met a unique individual? Seen some breath taking cosplays/Merchandise? Any outrageous (for Gelmra) panels you've seen? Let us know!

I guess I'll start us off with a quick one. The first time I met up with some raiders (No1sey and MisterSherbetLemon) we attended LAGC 2016. It was amazing to meet some guys off here. Seriously, if you have chance and have gotten to know them of course, I would advice you to do so!

The cool thing about this con was the fact it was based in a Student University, which meant the main stage was actually a bar area. They had a pretty sweet gaming set up with Smash Bro's Melee on Gamecube and we spent a good little while just hammering games while having a few beers, it was good fun to let other random people jump on too. I just want to say, that this was also where my hatred for Ness stems from, but I'm totally not bitter or anything.

The most important thing LAGC taught me that an anime convention becomes infinitely more bearable when you can drink. 

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
Re: Tales From The Convention Hall....
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 03:07:35 PM »
I'm going to have to keep returning to this post from time to time because while I've only been to a few conventions (and most of them relatively small and local), boy do shenanigans ensue from moment one. Some stories are fantastic, and others, not so much.
I've attended Animazement in 2016 with three of my friends, and I think we went again in 2017? Or something? Maybe it was 2018? I'm pretty sure I went twice is the point.
I've also attended a convention run by a club at my university. Can't remember if I made it all four years so far.
And then I've been to three furry conventions. (Howlers Eve and Anthro Crossroads East).

But yeah I'm going to have to make like a bulleted list of the stories I can tell and then narrow it down and all that hooplah. I will return!...Eventually.
Haha signature go brr.