March 29, 2024, 04:10:57 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Looking for feedback  (Read 5416 times)

Offline dmasterxd

• View Profile
Looking for feedback
« on: May 25, 2017, 04:07:57 PM »
Hello everyone, I've been practicing drawing for a while now and would just like some feedback on how to improve. Here are a couple of my drawings so far.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 04:15:04 PM by dmasterxd »
"You don't die for your friends. You live for them!"-Erza Scarlet (Fairy Tail)

Offline Misyne

• >o<
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for feedback
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 05:30:22 PM »
Hey :D

I would start with looking into some anatomy to study how limbs etc. work. You don't need to go through anatomy books as it's boring for a lot of people, but you could look up some references and try recreating them (it is what I prefer to do). Search for some art on Pinterest for example and look at how the other artists are drawing legs and stuff. Pay attention to how the curves are drawn. Tracing the outlines of someone else's work can give some insight on how they draw their lines and can be immensely helpful, but don't forget to keep drawing characters from your imagination!

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 05:37:30 PM »
I don't know if this will help, but what level or mangaka style are you trying to achieve? Like, do you want to do Adventure Time illustrations or Naruto illustrations? At least you will see the end point if you know where you want to go with your drawings. 

Once you do that, then study anatomy and practice with reference material. Obviously, you will never be 100% of their style, but by that time, you will have achieved your own shortcuts and unique style.

This is just some quick humor, your girl has demon legs  :tongue:

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 11:51:05 PM »
Ah, yes, the basics. Forlorn gave some excellent advice there. Before you start going anywhere, having a good destination in mind will be helpful. If you want realism, it's good to start drawing from life. Even if you don't, it's a great way to get the hand-eye coordination and the millions of small, mental things involved with figuring out shapes and folds and how to break down and simplify. Misyne is also pretty spot on. To draw humans, it helps to know what's going on under the skin so you can exaggerate features any way you want to.

I think, in summary, a good step to consider is just learning how to break down complex 3D shapes and draw them, be that from life, other manga/anime you enjoy, photographs, summoning the powers of the universe, or whatever. And of course, have fun with it.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Saichonman123

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 10:01:21 PM »
It's something I want to know too. Because I don't really have any knowledge of this matter.

Offline KatDeMilo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2021, 04:23:29 PM »
I would help with the feedback but the images don't load for me... I blame my phone  :(
MissKatMilo