March 29, 2024, 03:25:17 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Dream Thread  (Read 32380 times)

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
Re: Dream Thread
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2017, 04:38:04 PM »
I think I experienced sleep paralysis for the first time this morning.

I had a dream that Raven Symone was running around behind a McDoland's, messing in the sewers and falling down hills. Then I like kind of woke up and was in my room but I saw the door open and someone was asking me questions about going to Hawaii and I was confused, then saw a light flashing in my eyes. I realized I couldn't move and started breathing all intense until I just kind of shook it off the next second.

I don't know what that was but it was something. I think this has happened before, but I've just woke up and felt like I couldn't move, so I just push myself to move something to break it. Though this time something actually happened in my room so that was...different.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2018, 03:56:56 PM »
Had an MR related dream.

I was going up some old gravel road to meet with Coryn and Lego at some place called Pass church, but before you get to the church, the road winds up along the graveyard. I got weird vibes the whole time, but I'm like, it's a graveyard where none of my kin are buried. Maybe the spirits are just anxious. But, then I got to the top of the hill and saw the church. It was absolutely overrun with shadow-people (a common type of spirit that can range from annoying to malicious) and some faceless what I registered as demons. They looked either like tiny, less lanky slendermen, or, as I realized when I woke up, kind of like these things from the Galerians franchise:

Either way, I said "f*ck that" and went back down the hill and took the long way back to a Science Division base, which was hidden in a pediatric health facility. On the way down, some guy was looking for Pass church and I warned him not to go up there because it was haunted, but he went anyway. The whole way to the Science Division I was on lucid and high alert. I was probably talking in my sleep because I was very focused on my breath and intention. Pretty much the entire trip, I was chanting "The gods and the ancestors be with me." When I finally found my way back, Everlastin pointed out that a breaker had went out on Coryn's main addition to the facility, and she noticed four huge scratches up my arm, and when I turned over the other arm, there were three more up my wrist.

I'm pretty sure I had this dream because I happened to find a shadow person hanging out in the corner of my room just before bed. Actually, right after I turned out the lights. I aggressively banished it, because excuse you, bitch, where you invited into this room? No? Then get out! You're not welcome. Thankfully, none of the scratches from the dreams showed up on my physical body, although I still feel a bit of that burning sting on my left arm.
Darned magic shenanigans. I hope dream!Coryn and dream!Lego were all right with all those spirits.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2018, 07:49:37 PM »
Ominous looking churches and spirits are never a good combo... Also, I got silent hill vibes from reading this.
Messatsu...

Offline Robin Rain

• Robin Shadow Ryuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2018, 08:09:03 PM »
I had an interesting dream before waking up today, though I only vaguely remember it now...  Scenery changed a few times, but...

The first scene had a sort of misty depression in between sheer cliffs. I was hiding from something using a trench system, before I hopped up and confronted whoever was there...

The second scene was sort of a secret hideout that me and someone else had infiltrated and well that turned into a fiasco. I think it exploded.

the last one was where me and a few other people were traveling far into a deep cave to deal with something and one of my companions handed me a string of rocks that I recognized to have explosive properties. I get the feeling that whatever we were going to face they would rather seal us all inside the cave than to let it escape.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2018, 08:07:44 AM »
You're getting into a lot of dangerous situations there Robin. And if you happen to revisit your dreams, remember cool guys don't look at explosions.

Had wierd dreams. Obama was told he couldn't go to a rally because it was dangerous and was held up in traffic, ended up in a bus somehow and started talking to the people there.

There was an old man in a swanky white suit and I was just observing and a thought came to me, 'Man, I imagine this guy has everything he ever wanted but no family so he just spends all his extra money on living lavishly.

Interesting. Then I started humming a song. I knew I had to record it on my phone and spent a good time fumbling my pockets for it, but of course it was a dream. I got out of the dream with the tune still in tact and found my phone and recorded it.

Went to sleep again. This time there was another scene of some beautiful woman singing out a window with yet another tune! Woke up and recorded a sketch for that too.

The first time in years I think I've been inspired by dreams.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2018, 09:01:12 AM »
@mahlua: I can report no such weirdness on my own end, at least.

I've never had any shadow people experiences, although they seem common enough if the internet to be believed. Although they only seem like minor annoyances in comparison to the poor bastards to experience Old Hag Syndrome.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2018, 02:24:01 PM »
I had one of them try to choke my once (I was awake). It seems like seeing them is correlated with strong sleep deprivation. Never had dreams about them.

Crazy theory time: Those things are not a product of imagination, but real beings. They are some kind of spirits of aliens that dwell beyond the material realm of existence. Our brains are unable percieve them because of our own limitations, but they are always around us (Plato's cave allegory).

Facebook       Patreon

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2018, 02:45:00 PM »
In my experience, they're definitely real. It's not just a theory. Certain "strains" of them, you might say, are responsible for things like sleep paralysis and deprivation, hence the time they are commonly spotted by "normies" for lack of a better word. They seem to feed on chaos, negativity, messiness, or just energy in general. My friend who was born into a maternal line of people who can see spirits says they're far more common in urban areas for that reason.

Usually as Coryn says they're just a minor nuisance. Can give you a right spook, though, even if you are used to seeing them. I certainly didn't expect to find one by my bed. In my dreams, though, or out in woods or parking lots, yeah. Even I see 'em.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2018, 04:44:43 PM »
Well, I had a helluva dream last night.

My ex, the one who I've written a lot of poetry about and for, the one who died last year, was still alive. She was with a new man, a better man, a man who took care of her and showed her love and kindness, a man any person would be blessed to have. It seemed that I was with her, too, back to the way things were before everything crashed and burned--a nice poly little household. I remember telling her about my recent problems as we were walking around downtown, and she patted my head. I wouldn't say that she was nicer so much as freer, like she wasn't scared to show her affection anymore, and it wasn't as tense. Some friends and I wound up at her place with her current boyfriend or however it was with them, and she revealed that she was pregnant. I remember kissing her tight belly and making the promise that I would protect the child, because it was her child, and therefore I would love it as my own. She couldn't have been much past the start of the second trimester, if that.

There were other weird parts of the dream, like a local villain meet up spot catching a little on fire and having to be shut down while they sued the contractor for the problem that started the fire and won an $11,000 lawsuit. (Technically it was in two parts, 7k and 4k, but whatever).
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2019, 07:11:31 AM »
I had a dream BAND-MAID performed where I work. Kanami wasn't there and Akane was sitting at a computer playing, well nothing, but there was still drums. They played some unknown slow track and Saiki came over to talk to me and my friend. She was holding 4 apple slices and was like "I like to share apple slices with boys" before walking off with a large wagon full of boxes of maple syrup. Miku spoke in perfectly broken English and was like "we play song Canadians will love" before they performed "Take Me Higher!". Suddenly it went from like 5 people watching to 50. Everyone was making fun of Miku's guitar playing. Then they mention how they went to our famous Finnish restaurant known for the pancakes, and I invited them to my Grandma's for way better pancakes. and that was that. 

I had another dream a while ago where I was chasing Sanic around the city and it was...actually terrifying and it's likely good I don't remember it all. It was like running around the tightest corners and suddenly a hotel where the walls where closing in. Hanamaru from Love Live Sunshine was also in it for some reason.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 07:19:38 AM by Manimal »

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2019, 09:30:34 AM »
 :noidea:

See, I just had a dream in which I invented a new sport called "Whatever-ball"

It's played on a football pitch with a soccer ball. There is no team limits, there is only one team, there is no time limit, there are no points.

Your only task is to get the ball to the far end of the field by whatever means necessary without changing your relative position to the other players.

As there is only one team, the direction you are moving the ball is decided on your own personal basis, entirely independent of any other player.

Fun  times.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2019, 04:41:41 PM »
I had a very long multi-part dream last night. The basis was me and my friends went to my family camp. We hooked up a 360, to nothing, and played Halo 3 powered by a bonfire. Then I had to start the sauna and I had no idea what to do so I got all scared and suddenly a hologram of Yoda appeared and had this intense moment of deep speech where time slowed down, it was kind of sad with like a soundtrack and all, and this head of Yoda telling me what to do, and I was using the force or something to light some logs on fire in a barrel, which isn't how it works but okay, but I was too scared I'd burn the sauna camp down so I stopped and then I woke up.   

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2019, 06:31:32 AM »
Another long multi-part dream. 

First I was at Wal-Mart with some friends but it was weird because the lights where low and they seemed to only stock Transformers. I flipped when I saw a reissue of G1 Soundwave but it turned out to be a rice krispee roll wrapped up in a box. Then I saw this weird Starscream and slapped a sticker with my full name on it and later freaked out trying to find it.

Part 2 I was walking through a countryside with Ayuni D. The idea was to find a place to watch a new video for stereo future. We walked and it looked like a NW Ontario dirt road but with water and distant cities on both sides with lots of smog. We went to a place my cousin was at for some reason and watched this video which had Chichi and Atsuko walking through heavy waves and for some reason Lisa and a punk guy with a broken nose where in the video washing onshore. and then a dog driving a hot rod wearing a sweater. At this point the video was turned off and I went back to Wal-Mart to find this Starscream.

Not that thrilling but I love to have these kinda long very specific dreams.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2020, 09:41:56 AM »
Haven't updated this thread in a while. My dreams have been very vivid lately and I've had a lot of dreams I later woke up from and thought about all day. 

Going back to high school has been a common theme like last night's dream. I went back, all my friends were there and I was anxious about getting to class on time but I had no idea where to go. After figuring that out I walked in and said "I'm here" to which the teacher went on an emotional rant about how that hurt his feelings for some reason. I have had many dreams about going back to high school and back to my previous jobs. It has been 6 years since I graduated and that is on my mind, the last 6 years and how time passes like nothing.

I had a dream were I sat on my bed with young Bob Dylan and he was flipping through a Bob Dylan chord book and commenting how wrong all the chords were and pointing out all the mistakes. He looked like he did on his first few album covers complete with an acoustic guitar.  Another dream Ayuni D from BiSH was at my family camp and a humiliating video of her was leaked online. I did what I could to delete it and try protect her. Then we went to Wal-Mart with her and everything was really big, this was an odd dream.

A dream where Value Village was stocked with stuff from Canadian Tire which for some reason was almost every Transformer released in the last 20 years. Of course even in my dreams everything was madly overpriced. There is a music merchandise store that I've dreamt about twice. It doesn't exist but in this dream I go for an Ace Frehley solo album sweater each time and they sell blank tapes that are covered in chewed gum. The image of this store is vivid, even the location, and I've been in this place in dream twice.

I've had a lot of dreams with Chicchi from BiSH also, such as one where she was at my family camp with a bunch of other people. Her, Ayuni D and Ling Ling were going into the sauna to do interviews or something and I couldn't come in. Then I was talking to Chicchi beside a shelf specifically made to be full of 2000's Indie merchandise which I tipped over and stole Dragon Ball Z VHS tapes from. I ran into the camp and when I walked out it turned really slow and Google Chrome windows kept opening in my head, I tried Googling in my head how to get to the sauna camp.

Then another dream about my family camp (I haven't even been there since 2015), going there and everything was overgrown and destroyed by nature. I opened the doors and everything was there but trees had burst through the walls and it was very desolate and lonely feeling. Then another Chicchi dream where she was running around looking for a smoking partner. Suddenly BAND-MAID was in my house with Chicchi and they were going to play a free concert with me. I asked what song they'd do first and they said a slow version of "DICE".

I'm very fascinated with dreams, these nonsense little movies that play in my head. I maybe spend too much time wondering why when it's really nothing but there are a lot of themes that come in. My dreams are oddly grounded in reality also and feature musical figures a lot.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2020, 10:29:29 AM »
I can feel that highschool one. I had recurring dreams (nightmares? They weren't positive, but weren't scary really), about the exact same thing happening. Kept on right up until I graduated college and knew I was truly done with school. Maybe it's because shortly after that marked the first time I really had a grip on my own life.

It's also interesting that you bring up reccuring locations in dreams that aren't real. I'm really curious where these places come from. For instance, I often dream of the area around my house growing up. Playing as a kid and that kind of thing. The only thing is that there is always extra geography that isn't there in real life. It's always the same too. Some of it is clearly inspired by places that are there, but others seem completely made up. For instance there's always a brick sidewalk with a short brick wall which runs from the school to my road (there isn't. In real life there's nothing but fields and hedge rows for miles). And there's always a waterfall hidden in a grove of trees across the county road to the west (again, nothing like that in real life, aside from a few creeks maybe).

Weird stuff.