March 29, 2024, 01:36:00 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Dream Thread  (Read 32379 times)

Offline Crystal (BobbyjoeX)

• o-o
  • no idea what i'm doing anymore
    • View Profile
Re: Dream Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2017, 04:02:13 PM »
atleast you didnt dream about being stabbed repeatedly by a relative with a filleting knife

Click the Banner to Read

Offline Hekutta_Saint

• Human Souls Are like Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2017, 04:31:09 PM »
No.... but the one filleting his family... yes. When I was around 17 or 18 years old.

Offline EalingLa

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2017, 06:32:43 PM »
I think dreams are just a cool weird human phenomenon! Like, brain, what the actual *censored* are you doing while i'm asleep?!

Sleep paralysis too; I've had it a couple times, linked to exhaustion i think, but I've never been scared luckily. The first time it happened, i remember thinking "well, thats it, i've had a stroke, i guess this is my life now"...i'm not sure i'd be that chill if i actually had a legit stroke...

Offline Carshald

• The Kuroshima Monster
  • Rocksmithing Practitioner
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2017, 06:41:16 PM »
I think dreams are just a cool weird human phenomenon! Like, brain, what the actual *censored* are you doing while i'm asleep?!

Sleep paralysis too; I've had it a couple times, linked to exhaustion i think, but I've never been scared luckily. The first time it happened, i remember thinking "well, thats it, i've had a stroke, i guess this is my life now"...i'm not sure i'd be that chill if i actually had a legit stroke...

The brain/human mind, is truly a wonderous and mysterious place/phenomenon in my opinion! ;) (coming from the person who once dreaming about being eaten alive by a giant pink bunny slipper! XD)
"In every story the Villains are the monsters, but in this story, I'm the true monster".
The Tales of Ouroboros: The Ember Child
“Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn."

Offline Austadophilus

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2017, 06:45:01 PM »
BTW I had a nightmare that I was selling at a con but nobody bought from me, so I gave up. But at the same time, my boyfriend made a picture of Godzilla and it sold for ten bucks so there was that. XDDD

Offline EalingLa

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2017, 07:12:29 PM »
I love that. The mundane to the extreme surreal - all in your head

Offline Misyne

• >o<
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2017, 08:07:36 PM »
On the mundane end of the spectrum, have you guys ever dreamed about being at work, only to wake up and realize you need to 'do it all again' and actually go to work?

I honestly hate dreams like that more than I do actual nightmares, because nightmares I always exploit for ideas to write down. I can't use a boring day at work that didn't even actually happen for anything!

Offline TheClayMaker

• Because Topics are Dumb...
  • Walking demotivation...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2017, 08:20:14 PM »
I had a dream where I got out of bed to get breakfast, only to wake up again. This happened five times in a row. And each time, there was less time between the waking up. I remember getting more and more annoyed each time I wokr up, and I had a hard time believing that I actually awake after it was all over.

Offline Carshald

• The Kuroshima Monster
  • Rocksmithing Practitioner
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2017, 08:31:14 PM »
On the mundane end of the spectrum, have you guys ever dreamed about being at work, only to wake up and realize you need to 'do it all again' and actually go to work?

I honestly hate dreams like that more than I do actual nightmares, because nightmares I always exploit for ideas to write down. I can't use a boring day at work that didn't even actually happen for anything!
Lol funny that you mentioned it.. I actually had a dream once from when I was 15 and had my first job at delivering... well not just newspaper (in my country we have these magazines from various convenient stores, super markets, and such with stuff that on sale and such). Anywho... I actually fell asleep on the couch and dreamt of doing it, and when i woke up i realized... i still had to go pack the newspaper and those magazines, and go deliver that sh*t! XD
"In every story the Villains are the monsters, but in this story, I'm the true monster".
The Tales of Ouroboros: The Ember Child
“Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn."

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2017, 10:24:06 PM »
I have those kind of dreams all the time, actually. I'll dream that I'm in class or that I'm doing normal human things. I had a dream last night that I was at work and had forgotten to get a table their food and they had walked out without paying, left me a note saying that they overheard me making comments about other costumers and saying something like sweeping was my sacred duty. I also had a bunch of priced tickets that I didn't know the tables to take them to, and some of them weren't fully priced and I couldn't find a menu to price them.

The irony of that is that I found out last night that I was laid off because they don't need as many people working over the summer.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2017, 06:38:32 PM »
It is really amazing how sometimes people dream of something and then something related happens. I have heard some mindblowing stories.

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Misyne

• >o<
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2017, 08:39:43 PM »
Sometimes it hits the mark, yeah, but usually it's just really random for me. They say having all your teeth just spontaneously fall off in a dream means someone you know is going to die. Well, I don't know about that, but it's weird that I keep dreaming about my teeth falling off all the time. I basically know what it feels like to have my mouth full of fallen off teeth from having those dreams somehow.

I also keep dreaming about not being able to walk or run properly. It feels exactly like trying to run underwater. It's so common in my dreams that I wasn't sure if I was actually able to run properly at one point.

Offline Hekutta_Saint

• Human Souls Are like Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2017, 10:10:30 PM »
It is really amazing how sometimes people dream of something and then something related happens. I have heard some mindblowing stories.

Imagine the most epic heartbroken relationship ever. Then after some years, I dream about my ex, the same afternoon, she texted saying hi, and telling me she had dreamed about me... just when I just got over her. Life is a mysterious gal...

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2017, 01:15:43 AM »
@Misyne your dreams sound more like manifestations of feelings of hopelessness and self-consciousness than omens. Especially not being able to run, which would suggest feeling unsupported in your current goals.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline EalingLa

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2017, 11:33:18 AM »
Sometimes it hits the mark, yeah, but usually it's just really random for me. They say having all your teeth just spontaneously fall off in a dream means someone you know is going to die. Well, I don't know about that, but it's weird that I keep dreaming about my teeth falling off all the time. I basically know what it feels like to have my mouth full of fallen off teeth from having those dreams somehow.

I also keep dreaming about not being able to walk or run properly. It feels exactly like trying to run underwater. It's so common in my dreams that I wasn't sure if I was actually able to run properly at one point.

Misyne  - I've had both these types of dreams in the past; The teeth falling out is one dream i had repeatedly throughout my school and uni life, during exam time...interpret that as you will; and people i knew didn't start dying, which was good news.

The running one - that's exactly what it feels like; I've read a bit about things like that, and i think the general consensus is that it's a result of not being fully unconscious when your asleep - a bit like sleep paralysis, where there is a mismatch between body and sleep cues.

But also, does anyone else find it incredible that we can have essentially the same dream-theme?? Makes me think how many people, over the course of time, have had this exact dream!? *mind implode slightly*