April 18, 2024, 12:47:29 AM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Dream Thread  (Read 32767 times)

Offline TheClayMaker

• Because Topics are Dumb...
  • Walking demotivation...
    • View Profile
Re: Dream Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2017, 10:19:45 AM »
Last night, I dreamed that I was exploring another world, working with a small army of explorers. They had me working in the engine room of some kind of mobile fortress as they trekked across the jungles of this foreign place. Eventually, the army got split up, and my group was attacked by these things called Vamps. They were like little raptor creatures with dirty feathers and large glowing eyes, but they had these enormous fangs in their mouths that I guess got them their name. After escaping the Vamps, we found some kind of civilization native to the world and we asked about how to find the rest of the group. However, some bigger monster came crashing through. It was like a Carnotaurus, but bigger. Eventually, I think we escaped, but that was when I woke up.

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2017, 10:23:26 AM »
"neeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd!"

Pretty much, I'm not surprised how I am with these small details in my dreams, I was like...hhhm this is off why would Help songs be on my Beatles 67-70 playlist? and I made up this whole sequel to Pet Sounds which was not Smile, I swear this whole album was playing in my dream, I really don't remember what it sounded like, it was kind of like their old stuff with a lot of change ups. I was literally counting beats like...oh this ain't 4/4.

I was roasting that geek kid to, he mentioned a rival comic store in that store and everyone looked at him weird. We where like, oh this kid is such a casual. My dreams are just as...cool as me. A month ago I dreamt I was riding in a jeep with Joni Mitchell down a bumpy dirt road on the way to the Superstore. I guess that's cooler though.

I like to see other peoples dreams in comparison! I can't say I've ever dreamt of anything as wild as evil bunny slippers and what not.

Offline Misyne

• >o<
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2017, 08:58:57 PM »
Edit. Nah no one wants to read this.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 09:32:04 AM by Misyne »

Offline Misyne

• >o<
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2017, 09:10:40 PM »
For something a bit more lighthearted, I sometimes dream of being a good friend or a lover of some really random people in my life.

For example, I once dreamt of an old classmate of mine. It was very confusing to me, because we were deeply in love and in a relationship, but in real life I never really liked her at all - in fact, I thought she was quite insufferable. In the dream, it somehow all made sense. All the sides of her that I remember not liking, I loved. Yes, it was a she, and I don't really work that way, but in the dream I did.

When I woke up, I still felt warm feelings for her as if they had been real. They subsided after a while, but it somehow was eye-opening for me. It made me look at things from a new angle - perhaps some of the people we don't like we just don't quite understand, and that disables them from winning us over. I don't know.

Has anyone else ever experienced that? Dreams of loving someone, and just as you wake up, you still feel something for them for a while?

Offline Hekutta_Saint

• Human Souls Are like Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2017, 04:12:35 PM »
I had a dream like 4 days ago, in which I saw my ex-g and I just passed by and kept on walking. Then I kept on dreaming weird stuff. The very next day she text to say hi... talk about wierd

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2017, 04:22:23 PM »
To add to the tally of artists I've dreamed about...

Rei and Rie from The Idol Formerly Known as Ladybaby. I dreamed they had this apatment I kept going to where they did weird performance art, like leaving cake out on the counter and slowly cutting it, foil wrap counters. I don't remember all the details, but there where some defecation related bits that made it into a nightmare later on.

The other night it was Seiko Oomori chilling out in my basement. But she kept ignoring me, even when I grabbed a guitar and tried to sing "Nama Kill The Time 4 You" to her, which would be cringe in real life but in my dream I nailed it. I ended up jamming with her backing band at 6:30 AM. But she kept turning away from me everytime I tried talking to her.

A year ago I dreamed a similar thing where Utada Hikaru did an outdoor show and used my basement as her dressing room. I tried to get her to sign Distance but she ignored me. This is the same dream where Black Sabbath's first album was playing from the washroom cabinet which led to a staircase and a hidden room.

Offline TheClayMaker

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2017, 11:06:36 AM »
Freaking sleep paralysis, man! I just had to got through it and man did it suck! I was dreaming of hovering over a lake covered by moss, and I noticed leopard seals in the water. I began to get closer to the water, and I desperately try to stay away from the jaws of the seals. Suddenly, some dude in a letterman jacket walks up to me with two other guys and tells me that I'm currently in a dream, and to prove it, he backflipped and transformed into something, but I suddenly jump awake. I'm lying in my bed, thinking about how weird it was, when I hear the voice of the guy telling me I'm still dreaming. I can't move, and my tongue felt swollen. I didn't see the guy, but he talked for a while before I was able to move around again. It was so weird. And why was it leopard seals?

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2017, 06:16:33 PM »
@Misyne: I know what you mean. I've had something similar happen before. In fact, I had the dream about liking this woman once, and a few months later I was dating her. It more or less awakened my feelings. However...she is no longer among the living. It does seem to be a trend with me, that I'll dream about being with someone before actually being with them. But, I've also had dreams involving fictional characters, from the Hex Girls to Bayonetta. Good times, those. My subconscious is one of the few that you can actually apply some Freudian ideas to and it works...oddly enough. There's a reason my friends reference my hormones in particular with a capital W.

@Toxic: Damn, I know that feeling. I've missed classes for it and tried desperately to explain it to professors. The first time it happened it really freaked me out, but I was in high school. These days I know it'll wear off, but it's a bizarre in-between state to be. Once I figure out what's going on I usually use that time to meditate deeply on something...although I can't say that it will work for you. I'm also inclined to think a lot of things about what your dream-brain was trying to tell you, but again, I'll refrain from making assumptions.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Hekutta_Saint

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2017, 07:33:12 PM »
The worst part about that is when you are awake... they call it "Sleep Paralysis," I say is bs, cuz I am awake 100% of the time that happens to me... I always get to see the "entity's" face and is nothing I could actually express with words, is like that thing on "Insidious," or sometimes it wears a plain mask, but the eyes... damn. I always fight through it, able to move and throw a punch in the air... and I sense the thing moving crawling on the bed and pulling my sheets... so.... paralysis not in a million years, f that stuff, that is some nasty paranormal business.

Offline TheClayMaker

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2017, 11:15:55 PM »
I've gotten sleep paralysis before today, but I've never actually seen anything. Heard voices or felt things, but never seen what was there.

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2017, 11:32:34 PM »
Never had sleep paralysis. I wonder what its like. Doesn't sound like fun.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 02:22:06 AM by Walter B »

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Misyne

• >o<
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2017, 08:00:28 PM »
@Mahlua: Yeah, I've had these with fictional characters as well. It's never come true with someone I really know (nor fictional ones sadly yet obviously), but... Well, usually I don't really regret if when it turns out that way. They're rarely people that I think I would end up liking in the long run. But it's always interesting to sort of get a second opinion through dreams... To feel what it's like, in a way. I would like to know what my subconscious is trying to tell me. Maybe it's trying to push me to just date anyone at this point.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2017, 01:42:03 AM »
(nor fictional ones sadly yet obviously)

Same times a million. Kind of like how in the dream with the Hex Girls I was actually working with them as their lyricist and such and I even said in the dream that it "felt like a dream come true." Haha, don't I wish I worked for a nerdy f——ing witch band.

As for me and dating, my current relationship is open and long-distance. I was self conscious about a lot of things until my shaman friend snapped me to my senses a few days ago saying "[MAHLUA], YOU SERVE A LOVE DEITY. OF COURSE YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE A RIDICULOUS LIBIDO." My dreams often reflect this.

I suppose here would be an interesting place to list common themes in my dreams. Often I dream of large, like, impossibly massive spaces of freshwater littered with small stretches of land that house huge trees. Even when there aren't massive snaking paths of water, huge trees and thick woods with leaves so beautiful you wouldn't believe overpower everything. Other common places I see are graveyards, but it's also worth noting that many of my dreams settings involve nighttime or incredible darkness. When I lucid dream, I tend to have the ability of something similar to flight. It's more like a superjump mixed with Knuckles' weird "flying" in Sonic games. Once in a meditative session, a certain goddess I work closely with (the same love-based one mentioned above) met me in my dreamscape and complimented it. She pointed out that it was clean, and free from human pollution, which I hadn't thought of before.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Misyne

• >o<
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2017, 02:01:37 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but I think Nerdy F-----ing Witch Band would be a fantastic name for a group. They should call it that. I'd listen to it.

Offline Hekutta_Saint

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2017, 03:57:04 PM »
Damn, I took a nap two days ago, it was a bad choice.

I had a nightmare about me being laying down on the mattress I have in my living room, surrounded by  some kind of dark entities, like demons. Some were wearing masks, some other had horns, but one thing they got in common were those yellow/red eyes staring at me. I was on the middle being ripped apart by one them, but the weird thing was that... I was laughing the entire time. I was laughing but nervous at the same time. I woke up all out of place, nervous and anxious,  so i went to HEB to get some water, for some reason I was freaking thirsty. Talk about bad dreams... tssk