September 22, 2021, 11:34:34 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Sfx in manga  (Read 862 times)

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
Sfx in manga
« on: November 08, 2016, 02:33:51 PM »
If anyone would be so kind, can you link a webpage that gives the Japanese equivalent of sound effects that I can put in my manga. I found a site but I still don't understand how I'm suppose to place it.

For example; if I write BANG! I can write it like that or write line down. But I have no idea about Japanese characters  and how to write them without losing meaning.

I used the jadednetwork for some.

How would someone place sfx for footsteps in snow?

Offline DeAngelus

• View Profile
Re: Sfx in manga
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 03:14:00 PM »
Sorry that I couldn't help you on website matter . But I'll give my two cents on other things .

Japanese characters works and sounds very similar to Korean and Mandarin , in that each character produces a sort of like vocalization . Like for example Hashimoto (????) when spoken in English , it will be Ha.Shi.Mo.To . Manga artists in Japan will utilize each character to create sound effects for their manga , for example 'Ha' (?) from Hashimoto to indicate that they're laughing by repeating the character over and over again .

So it doesn't matter how you align it , be it vertically , horizontally or diagonally , so as long like English , it is arranged in a way that it spells (or sounds) the way it should be . The same works for English SFX as well , though slightly more limited .

?? works .

?
?
Works as well .

?
   ?
Works as well too .

Reversing it works as well , but there are conditions that must be met . However dropping the two characters in random areas and repeating the process do not .

EDIT : Well , MR does not like Japanese characters ...
PM me if you wanted a critique. It takes time for one to come to you, so please be patient.

If you wanted it to be public or private, do tell me.