March 29, 2024, 02:53:41 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: (Collab) Fantasy author looking for Manga artist  (Read 2505 times)

Offline Daes Lune

• Anachronist Author
  • Author- Series: Through the Shroud
    • View Profile
(Collab) Fantasy author looking for Manga artist
« on: October 19, 2016, 09:17:32 PM »
Hello! I'm an author (book finished, but not published yet) looking for an artist to do some short stories (possible novel adaptations down the line, depending on the level of commitment by the artist) based in a well-established fantasy world. Interesting characters, plotlines that can be both simple and deep, a truly amazing world with unlimited possibilities and a magic system that is (to the best of my knowledge) unique.

If you are interested in joining me, I have a limitless supply of story material. I have an above average skill at dialogue (or so I have been told), and I have read quite a few great mangas to draw inspiration from.

I plan on being a very successful and wealthy author in the future. This is your chance to get on board with something great! I have a website with some of my work, which I will link to you in a PM if you desire. (No links in this thread  ;))

Leave a reply or send a PM if you're interested. I have enough material for several projects, if multiple artists are interested.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 09:19:19 PM by Daes Lune »
Why do we fight? Why do we battle? It is to prove our path in life is the right path. If you do not have a surety of this, you will most surely lose your battles.

DA weapon art from Laenost: http://daeslune.deviantart.com/gallery/
Short stories from Laenost: Laenost.weebly.com

Offline Crystal (BobbyjoeX)

• o-o
  • no idea what i'm doing anymore
    • View Profile
Re: (Collab) Fantasy author looking for Manga artist
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 09:34:00 PM »
Hate to see it but its kind of a rule to post in the welcome center before making a request post, cause the artists here wont take jobs from strangers

Click the Banner to Read

Offline Daes Lune

• Anachronist Author
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 09:27:33 AM »
I will post in the welcome center, in that case! Thank you for the heads up!
Why do we fight? Why do we battle? It is to prove our path in life is the right path. If you do not have a surety of this, you will most surely lose your battles.

Offline Daes Lune

• Anachronist Author
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 01:22:23 PM »
There are numerous side projects that people who are wary of commitment can try, if interested. I'm going to give a little... Preview, I guess, of the main project.

The setting is fantasy. It begins in a city filled with magic, a city built for and by Mages. The main character of this story is an Elf. He is an Apprentice Mage and has been called to the city in order to complete an Apprentice Trial along with several other budding Magelings. This trial involves traveling to other worlds to complete tasks set by Archmages- tasks that could easily cost a Mage his life. This group begins the Apprentice Trial as normal, but it quickly becomes apparent that something has gone wrong as they are thrown into dangerous worlds and scenarios far beyond what they have been told to expect.

The cast, in part:

The Elf, Adrulem. Adrulem is an oddity for two reasons: Firstly, as an Elf he does not have the natural magic flow that a human possesses. Somehow he has found a way around this, and it likely has to do with the left arm that he keeps wrapped up constantly. Secondly, he is a Young Elf- ordinarily, Elves do not leave the realm of Myrchrend until they are several hundred years old. Adrulem is scarcely thirty, a child by the standards of Elves. His naivete and inexperience could cost him dearly.

The Dwarf, Relekin. Relekin is a Paladin in training- A Mage who uses the power of Holy magic. Unlike the Human Paladins, however, Dwarves are not bound by any petty religious code when it comes to their use of the sacred Eldillis, the conduits of Holy Magic.

The Human, Rolksen. Rolksen is an Abberant Mage who has somehow made it to the level of Apprentice without being able to cast a single spell on his own. His only saving grace is the magical sword he is able to summon, with it, he can cast spells at a higher level than even a standard Mage could. He also possesses a strange affinity with Faelin, the small magic sprites that inhabit the majority of the Realms.

The Orcs, Gash and Yrch. Gash and Yrch are brothers from one of the few orc families to pass under the Cessation Ordinance and live in Laenost. They are the prized pupils of the Archmage of the Mage Guild Beastrialis. They were brought up without any reference in their lives to the brutal practices of Dagolahz or the profane magics that their cousins use. Still, it remains to be seen how they shape magic in their own way.

The Feralis, Knoctola. Knoctola is from one of the Beast races, half human and half animal. She became a Mage Apprentice through her own talent and hard work, rather than the tutelage of another Mage. By the time she was scouted as a potential Mage, she already had skill higher than the Mages sent to contact her. Her magic runs constantly through her veins, giving her strength and speed that leaves other close-quarters combat Mages in the dust.

Any of these six would be outcasts in any normal Apprentice Trial, it remains to be seen how they will operate as a group. The Trialmasters that accompany them certainly can't prepare well enough.

Questions? Comments? Even if you're not interested in the project, I'm always happy to get any feedback I can.

Offline Philosotaku

• MR's One and Only Resident Philosopher
  • Thought is but a means to action.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 02:49:58 PM »
Another thing: you should include a sample of your writing so that artists have an idea of what kind of writer you are, the format you use, etc. Basic information about the project is all well and good, but there are plenty of people who have lots of well-developed ideas but can't (for the life of them) put it into writing in a coherent fashion.

Just my thoughts.
Everyone is the hero of their own life. But I'm the only main character in the world.
--
I officially takes commissions for story development. Here's my DA for info: http://philosotaku.deviantart.com/journal/Story-Development-Commissions-631535894

Offline Daes Lune

• Anachronist Author
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 03:44:54 PM »
I'm more than happy to post one or two of my short stories, if it's allowed.

Offline Crystal (BobbyjoeX)

• o-o
  • no idea what i'm doing anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 03:56:03 PM »
thats basically the whole point of the site, to get feedback

Click the Banner to Read

Offline Daes Lune

• Anachronist Author
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 04:13:10 PM »
My most recent short story, "Echra and the Forest." it's not my best, I don't think, but I like it. It's kind of cutesy, which I don't usually do.

"So, you live in the forest?"
Echra peeked over the edge of the hill at the cloaked and hooded figure sitting below. At the sound of his voice the small figure jumped up and dashed away into the woods. Echra thought for a moment about following, but his father's warning kept him in place.
He walked back to the town, determined that next time he would talk to whoever it was. Everyone in town was busy with their own problems or caught up in their lives so much that he could scarcely make a friend.
At dinner that night he decided to ask his father again.
"I saw the cloaked person at the edge of the forest," he said. "They ran away when I tried to say hi."
A clink as his mother dropped her fork. She looked with concern at his father, who glared intently at Echra.
"I told you to never go near those who live in the forest." he said angrily. "It's dangerous. You could be killed."
"That person didn't seem like a dangerous sort. I watched him for a while, he seemed... lonely."
His father leaned forward with his hands folded in front of him. "You saw his face?" he asked. "You must never get close enough to see their faces. They know to stay away from the town, those people of the woods. Don't encourage them by getting near to them." He leaned backwards. "Clearly you don't have enough to do around here. If you can't find a friend to play with, I'll be doubling your work duties from now on."
Echra tried to protest, but his father cut him short. He ate the rest of his meal in silent contemplation. After he finished and cleaned up he headed back outside for a walk.
He passed a group of children playing and thought for a moment about asking to join them, but he just couldn't make himself do it. They were a group he didn't belong to. He felt like such an oddity every time he had tried, so he just kept to himself.
The path down to the forest looked inviting to him and for a moment he thought about going down again. With a look back at his house he paused before walking slowly down the path.
A whistle cut through the bustle of the town and he looked back- his father stood at the door of his house shaking his head. With a sigh, Echra turned back. As he did so he thought he glimpsed a brown cloak at the edge of the forest, but when he looked again it was gone. He trudged back to his house, hopped in bed, and went to sleep.
?He woke early, before dawn. This was the last time, he told himself, that he would go to the forest. Last time he had been brave enough to talk to one of the people who lived in the forest, this time maybe he'd get to hear something back from them. It couldn't hurt to try, no matter what his father said.
The front door creaked loudly as he opened it, he paused for an anxious minute to see if it had alerted anyone. Satisfied that he would not be noticed, he tiptoed out. Then he was off and running down the path to the forest. He practically dove to lie at the top of the hill to peek down. Disappointment flooded him as he saw nothing but grass and brush below him. He sighed and waited. Before he knew it, he was nodding off.
A sharp knock on the head woke him up suddenly. He looked down at the bottom of the hill, then around beside him. Seeing nothing nearby he looked back down at the line of the trees. A light thump next to him gave him a start and he looked around again. Then he saw it, a person standing in a tree holding a handful of acorns.
With a grin he waved. "Hey!" he called out. "Do you live in the forest?"
The cloaked figure nodded.
"Want to come up on the hill with me?"
The cloaked figure shook its head.
Echra took a deep breath. "Ok!" he said "I'll come down to you then!" and with that he slid down the hill.
A rock jutting out under a bit of grass caught him and before he knew it he was tumbling head over heels down the hill. He sat and held his head for a moment, blinking away a few tears. Then there was a thump next to him as the figure from the tree landed next to him. He looked up.
"Oh," he said. "You're a girl!"
The girl turned her head to the side, holding her hands in front of her face. She nodded bashfully.
"Can... can you take the hood off so I can see you?"
The girl dashed backwards to hide behind a tree. She poked her head out with her hand on the top of her hood, as if unsure if she should reveal herself. Echra looked around, a bit nervous himself. He tried to stand up, but found out painfully that he had twisted his ankle. He collapsed on the ground with a whimper and more than a handful of tears coming to his eyes.
With a gasp the girl rushed forward. She reached for his leg and held his foot gingerly. "Are you ok?" she asked shakily.
Echra tried his best to stop the flow of tears. "I... It hurts," he whimpered. "I need to go home!"
The girl shook her head. "Don't worry, I can help!" then to Echra's amazement her hands started to glow. A soft, warm light that surrounded his injured ankle.
There was silence for a moment, broken only by Echra hiccuping as his tears dried up. They stared at each other, and Echra was stunned by the deep green in her eyes. Slowly he lifted his hand to pull back the hood of her cloak. She made a motion as if to stop him, then lowered her hands.
"Oh..." he said. "You have horns!"
She buried her face in her hands and turned away. Echra reached out and put his hand on her shoulder. "Hey," he said uncertainly. "What's wrong? Your horns, um, they're very... pretty."
She did not turn around. "Mariel." she said quietly. "My name is Mariel."
Echra was silent for a moment as he thought of what to say. "That's a very pretty name, too." he said at last. "Why do you have horns? My father told me that people lived in the forest, he never said anything about stuff like that."
Mariel turned back to face him, although she kept her gaze on the ground. "We're demi-elves." she said. She pulled her hair back to show her pointed ears. "Lots of people don't like us because we're not humans. They think we send wolves and bears to attack them."
After thinking for a moment Echra spoke up. "Do you?" he asked.
"No! of course not!"
"Well," said Echra as though stating the most obvious fact in the world. "Just tell people you don't do it, then they can like you again."
"We do!" said Mariel. Her slender frame shook as she cried. "We do, but humans don't listen!"
"I... I'm listening."
Mariel impulsively reached out and hugged him, then dashed back to behind a tree. "I'm sorry." she said. "I just wanted to make sure you were real."
Echra stood blinking for a long moment. Then he spoke up nervously. "Um... could I... make sure you're real... too?"
After a moment of silence, Mariel held out her hand. Echra reached out and grabbed it, squeezing a bit. "Yeah," he said. "You feel real."
They both stood there for a moment in silence before they each started giggling. Echra took a step forward when a cry from the town rang up Echraaaaa! Mariel pulled back immediately and disappeared into the forest.
Echra stood facing the forest for what seemed like forever, his heart pounding in his chest. The sound of his father running up to the top of the hill snapped him out of his daze.
"Echra!" his father bellowed. "What are you doing?! Get back up here immediately!"
With a heavy sigh, Echra turned and headed up. He didn't think about what he would tell his father.
?He thought about Mariel