March 29, 2024, 09:07:07 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: The Manimal's Music  (Read 124725 times)

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
Re: The Manimal's Lo-Fi, Out Of Tune, Music
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2016, 04:44:24 PM »
Hhhhhhhhmmmmmm, okay that makes sense actually. I'm trying to understand these things but I just see all these terms and it becomes gibberish in my head. But that makes sense and it's something to look into. All my chord knowledge comes from my Beatles songbook, which has been super helpful actually.

But just trying to come up with chord progressions destroys my brain because it's like...no matter what I do everything has been done before. Same with melodies, it's hard to come up with a vocal line because it's like I try to make it sound like something I know as an automatic response. Since a new melody is like a weird unfamiliar thing. I dunno it's all stuff to learn. I just learnt how to actually put together a song that I could track so...you know, long way to go.

Offline LittRL

• Crush the strong, crush the weak.
  • Nothing a little duct tape can't fix.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2016, 06:06:51 PM »
I have a Rock Band mic I could use...I will try that next time, I just used my phone for this and I didn't play around with positioning it all that much. "Koi no Uta", my God that episode was amazing right? Best of the show and one of my very favourite anime episodes. I can hear it in the scratchy rhythm and chords.

Seriously? I would have thought a musician like yourself would have some studio quality mic around. :ohmy: It seems like a waste not to have something awesome to record with. Makes me guilty for having a Blu Snowball mic and barely using it. If anything good came out of Tamako Market (though I did like the anime) it was "Koi no Uta" by Dynamite Beans.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2016, 06:16:29 PM »
Hey man, like I said I've never played with other people for real or even tried to really do actually non joke songs before this. Of course I'd like to get to greater heights but you know.

If anything good came out of Tamako Market it was Tamako herself. and that song, plus the OP "Dramatic Market Ride", the everybody loves somebody episode and the 'Koi no Uta" episode. The show had a great set-up and environment as well as a tone and theme I liked but the bird and the sub plot he brought tainted it. Tamako Love Story, the awesome movie, shows how good the anime could've been without Dera and all that nonsense.

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2016, 09:53:03 PM »
Hhhhhhhhmmmmmm, okay that makes sense actually. I'm trying to understand these things but I just see all these terms and it becomes gibberish in my head. But that makes sense and it's something to look into. All my chord knowledge comes from my Beatles songbook, which has been super helpful actually.

But just trying to come up with chord progressions destroys my brain because it's like...no matter what I do everything has been done before. Same with melodies, it's hard to come up with a vocal line because it's like I try to make it sound like something I know as an automatic response. Since a new melody is like a weird unfamiliar thing. I dunno it's all stuff to learn. I just learnt how to actually put together a song that I could track so...you know, long way to go.
You'll get there. Just keep writing and playing and figuring things out.

Offline Jackhammer

• Propagator of unusual plot lines. Master out-of-context.
  • I am me. Are you you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2016, 06:51:14 AM »
I got the early punk rock feel from that. Like Iggy Pop and the Stooges kinda vibe.
Health is a relative thing.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2016, 11:48:46 AM »
This one was though so I might just leave it as guitar track for right now. I'm having trouble staying in time on the drums and singing it...man I have no confidence with my voice, it's hard right now.

For now try to enjoy the guitar track. I think there are 6-8 tracks on it.
https://soundcloud.com/deepspacenoise/whatever-you-say-guitars-track
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 08:36:10 PM by Manimal »

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2016, 12:03:08 PM »
I really like this one. The guitar track is really grooving on its own.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2016, 10:40:40 PM »
This is more a confidence thing but I'm really iffy on sharing anything with my voice, because it blows. I'm actually scared to project my voice because I feel like everyone in the world is listening to me when I sing even though I know no one cares. But I want to post some clips of me doing Beatles songs, which is what I mostly sing, to get over myself. I'm very bad at singing, I don't know how to do it right and I'm very scared I'm going to wreck my throat, but I love to do it.

So I'll share a few clips to get over my fear of sharing me singing for real. I know this isn't a singing forum but I'd be way too embarrassed to post this stuff on a music forum. So if anyone has thoughts, I'd love to hear them.

Also I play hard to drown out my own voice...I know.
https://soundcloud.com/deepspacenoise/062616-from-me-to-you
https://soundcloud.com/deepspacenoise/062616-every-little-thing
https://soundcloud.com/deepspacenoise/cry-baby-cry

Sponge Bob vibrato
https://soundcloud.com/deepspacenoise/061516-babys-in-black

Those are a couple of the 100s and 100s of clips I've recorded...I don't think you want to hear me blow out my voice in frustration during "Ticket To Ride" and "Like A Rolling Stone" so maybe I'll stash those away for now along with all my tries at doing McCartney vocal tunes.

Offline MK

• I like to draw
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2016, 10:56:13 PM »
Your voice is fine, I'd even put these in my speed paints (if I ever record my drawings again).  I haven't listened to the original songs but I still liked these alot

Offline LittRL

• Crush the strong, crush the weak.
  • Nothing a little duct tape can't fix.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2016, 11:15:29 AM »
I agree with Matsui here, your voice is good. All you need in practice, I'm only saying this cause you sound a bit off-key in some parts.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2016, 03:32:51 PM »
I'm actually scared to project my voice because I feel like everyone in the world is listening to me when I sing
I absolutely get that :P

your voice isnt bad but i think it would sound better if it recorded better, or more balanced volume with the music :P
i dont know much about anything so i cant give any better advice than that :P
keep playing, keep singing :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
Re: The Manimal's Lo-Fi, Out Of Tune, Music (NEW SONG)
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2016, 03:55:55 PM »
Thanks for listening guys. suuper, I recorded with my phone which was on the same level as my guitar so it doesn't balance very well. In my actually songs I record every separately...

LIKE THIS NEW TRACK!

I finished 'Whatever You Say". Re-recorded it, starting with the drum track, of course yet again all things done by me. I put down 4 rhythm guitar tracks with different tones, two for each channel, two brief overdubs, solo track, a bass track, and of course...the vocals. This song is too hard to sing, I put too many chords and my voice is low powered. The idea of this song is to be like Buddy Holly gone wrong. Instead of saying "you don't think you're beautiful, but I think you are" it says "ya you're not".

The lyrics are terrible but bear with me, I have nothing to write about and...I dunno. I kinda buried the vocals so you can focus on the backing track which I am happy with. Man I like this Jazzmaster. I only have a few issues with the set-up. It's such an easy guitar to play and there are so many tones to get out of it. For drums I kept it simple since I was having so much trouble staying in time.
https://soundcloud.com/deepspacenoise/whatever-you-say

Offline Jackhammer

• I am me. Are you you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2016, 04:51:47 PM »
Dead Kennedys. Nuff said.

Offline Manimal

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2016, 05:13:00 PM »
I've never listened to Dead Kennedys and I actually don't know what they sound like.

Have I channelled something unintentionally?

Offline Jackhammer

• I am me. Are you you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2016, 05:58:00 PM »
Well to me it sounded like the good old punk rock that I used to listen back at home with my mum.