April 17, 2024, 09:45:59 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Drawings by Froggy  (Read 18823 times)

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
Re: Drawings by Froggy
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2016, 04:31:57 AM »
Ahh, as somebody with absolutely no watercolor abilities at all (for some reason it's one of the few medias I just can't get along with), all I can say is that I hope you got an A! These look vibrant and beautiful! :clapping:
Haha signature go brr.

Offline MK

• I like to draw
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2016, 04:54:08 AM »
Those water color pics were pretty cool.  The only tip i can give you is make sure not to leave a puddle of water along the edges of the shape.  It often times makes a darker line and messes up transitions.  To avoid puddles just don't use as much water and more of the brush.  This is just my experience with water colors, I'm not really an expert or use them more than just art classes i took.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2016, 03:02:12 PM »
nice, i cant comment on paint skills but they look really realistic!
did you use any reference of drew them from imagination?

@matsui kenshin yeah i wondered about those puddles, although i think they gave the pieces a more blocky cel-shaded feel. but i can see why you want to normally avoid them :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Froggy

• I like frogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2016, 01:20:07 AM »
Those water color pics were pretty cool.  The only tip i can give you is make sure not to leave a puddle of water along the edges of the shape.  It often times makes a darker line and messes up transitions.  To avoid puddles just don't use as much water and more of the brush.  This is just my experience with water colors, I'm not really an expert or use them more than just art classes i took.

I have to agree with you in that the puddles don't look good, but the first picture has them and my teacher for some reason really liked it. And she was marking them so I made more... (It was also easy)

@suupertramp, I used photos taken by myself or family members mostly. For the 9th picture I didn't take a photo, and kind of made it up but based it off stuff I had remembered. I also changed some of the horizons and foregrounds.
Critiques are welcome!

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2016, 02:27:50 AM »
cool, interestingly the 9th one is the one i liked the most :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2016, 02:22:05 PM »
I don't know anything about watercolour but I can say those are some pretty pictures! #3 especially looks super with the trees and everything. Nice stuff, I love to look at art of clouds.

Offline Froggy

• I like frogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2016, 02:27:34 AM »
Some more artworks of mine:

This one I was just playing with watercolours:

Critiques are welcome!

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• Children's Book Author and Screenwriter
  • Your Typical Unpublished Author... by choice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2016, 08:25:08 AM »
Nice work Froggy. Especially the bottom one. The face structure was done perfectly and I like the frog raincoat.

Why is there such a drastic difference between the blonde girl holding an umbrella and the brunette wearing the frog raincoat?

Offline Froggy

• I like frogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2016, 02:45:29 AM »
Nice work Froggy. Especially the bottom one. The face structure was done perfectly and I like the frog raincoat.

Why is there such a drastic difference between the blonde girl holding an umbrella and the brunette wearing the frog raincoat?

Thanks  :D As for the difference, two months? Also for the blonde girl, I was experimenting and for the frog coat kid I put in a lot of effort.
Critiques are welcome!

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2016, 03:03:29 AM »
It really shows that you worked hard on the frog coat one.

Since everything is now digital, do you think you will go with digital watercoloring soon?

Offline Froggy

• I like frogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2016, 07:40:41 AM »
No, I will stick with traditional. I personally find painting with an actual paint brush and paint far more enjoyable; mixing colours, the paper, water, etc. While with digital you don't have to wait for it to dry and you can ctrl-z, I actually don't like the undo button as I find myself using it constantly and not actually drawing anything. With watercolour you get interesting effects with how much water you use and pigments affecting each other, which cannot be replicated on a computer. Also, not everything is digital. As long as we don't start living in a virtual reality (unless we already are :blink:) then real life objects and art will always have a place in the world.

sorry for the rant...
Critiques are welcome!

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2016, 05:23:12 AM »
nice workj, the traditional style gives them a soft feel. although your hangs and feet need a bit or work proportionally, well done for still drawing them in your picture, a lot of people avoid drawing hands because they cant draw them too well, but thats the reason one should be drawing them more :P

the frog one has nice shading and is very neatly drawn as well, keep it up!
i think if possible, try and use a bit more darker shades, that will add a bit of depth to your drawings, but they still look nice soft as well :P

Offline Froggy

• I like frogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2016, 04:00:50 AM »
So I haven't posted anything in ages because I've being working on this:

https://youtu.be/YVdvfdib8TA

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/watch?v=YVdvfdib8TA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/watch?v=YVdvfdib8TA</a>

It was an assignment for one of my uni subjects. And since animations are lots of drawings, and this thread is called 'Drawings by Froggy', I felt it very appropriate to post here.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 10:44:06 PM by Froggy »
Critiques are welcome!

Offline Forlorn Serpent

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2016, 08:56:14 PM »
Hey Froggy,

I can't seem to see the video. can you put in another link? or what your video is titled.

Offline Froggy

• I like frogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2016, 09:19:55 PM »
Hey Froggy,

I can't seem to see the video. can you put in another link? or what your video is titled.

I put the link in. The video worked for me so I thought it was fine. Computers confuse me... :hmm:
Critiques are welcome!