March 28, 2024, 03:58:35 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Poll

Should I keep going with this story?

Get on with it.
7 (100%)
Go for something completely different.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Strongest Level One (n)PC (Critique wanted)  (Read 11731 times)

Offline Jackhammer

• Propagator of unusual plot lines. Master out-of-context.
  • I am me. Are you you?
    • View Profile
Re: Strongest Level One (n)PC
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2015, 11:05:04 AM »
      Now that the first chapter is nearing its end, I'd like to get some feedback on the story and how I write in general. All critique is welcome, but do note that I am aware of the horrendous ammount of typos in the text. Especially with the "the"s. For the most part im writing with my phone so most of the stuff can be explained with that. I will post a proofread version of the whole chapter after it is finished.

I will also add in a poll. Just to see if the plot is worth pursuing further.

Thank you in advance to everyone who took their time to vote andd to those who took their time write something.
Health is a relative thing.

Offline Jackhammer

• I am me. Are you you?
    • View Profile
Re: Strongest Level One (n)PC (Critique wanted)
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2015, 02:19:55 PM »

Chapter One, Ending

Spoiler
   Teddy stared at the blue sky, the fiery exchange of words next to him fading out. The chains he had forged himself. These words kept echoing inside his head. He had never limited himself in any way. Or had he? He couldn't tell. Strange thoughts kept creeping in. The world looked bigger. He felt more. Full. Like he had been condensed.
      He lifted up his upper body and sat, looking around and taking in all the things around. He was smaller. Or The world got bigger. No. He definitely was smaller than he was before. A touch on his shoulder shook him out of his thoughts. It was Hildr.
- Are you alright?
      She asked. Somehow, she looked different. To him, Hildr had always been pretty, but now it was different. He lifted up his hand and compared it to Hildr's. They were in the same category, though his were still bigger. He reached out and touched the hand on his shoulder. Everything felt different. More intense. More real.
      Hildrs gaze drifted down and she turned dark red. Teddy hadn't realized it, but he was butt naked. It didn't bother him that much though. He was used to the crisp air in the North. It had always been good, but now it felt fantastic. He was trying to get up, but Hildrs hand kept him down. He could have pushed himself up if he wanted but the fact that something that had been so small just a moment ago could push him down gave him pause. A strange feeling.
      Teddy looked at Hildr inquisitively.
- We have to get you some clothes. You wouldn't want to walk around naked.
      Hildr said to Teddy. Teddy simply shrugged at the idea. It didn't bother him. Many of the younger women and a few of the men had gathered around them to watch the scene. They were pointing at him and whispering, some blushing. It felt awkward to Teddy. Maybe he needed clothes.
      The girl snapped her fingers and a set of gleaming heavy chain mail wrapped itself around Teddy, covering his entire frame. With this, Hildr let him get up. Teddy now stood about two heads above an average male. His well built body was somehow emphasized by this transformation. In his full height and with the new set of armor, he looked like the knights in stories and statues. A heroic figure, leading people victorious battles atop a white warhorse.

Teddy winced at his fancy clothes. He didn't feel comfortable in these. They were weird and too bright. He liked the more earthly colors of the pelts of the animals he had always hunted. He looked at the flow-watcher
- What? You don't like these? But you are such a handsome man in those.
      The girl protested. Teddy shook his head and did a few weird hand gestures. The flow-watcher squinted.
- You can talk you know.
      Teddy opened his mouth but nothing came out. The Flow-watcher furrowed her brow. She waved her hand in front of Teddy and looked at something.
- I see. Well, we have to find means of communication, it seems.
      Hildr looked at the Flow-watcher puzzled.
- What do you see? Hildr asked.
- Teddy here, is cursed. It's a curse made by a high level spirit animal. A curse that strips away his ability to speak, but in return he gains knowledge and wisdom of the spirits. The Flow-watcher explained.
      Teddy waved his hands again and Hildr nodded. The Flow-Watcher looked at Hildr for a translation.
- Ah. Yes. Teddy said that Old Scars gave him that. I think he means the large spirit wolf that helped me carry him to this church. Hildr explained
      Teddy continued to sign and Hildr translated.
- Teddy says that he would like to get different clothing. These fancy. ... Things? Make him uncomfortable. He would like earthly colors and leather. Please.
      The Flow-watcher followed the scene and let out a short, bright chuckle.
- This is indeed precious. So the only one who can understand Teddy is you of all people.
      The Flow-watcher snapped her fingers again and the gleaming mail was replaced by a well made studded leather armor. Teddy looked at the new set approvingly and then searched the ground around him.
- What do you have against me that you have to pick on me time after time?
      Hildr demanded from the Flow-watcher. Hildr had grown weary of the constant nagging.
- Oh. Just that you are a self-righteous loner, who thinks she is better than everyone else.
      Hildr turned bright red out of anger.
- I do not!
      Teddy placed his hand on Hildr's shoulder. She turned towards him and he signed something.
- Teddy says you are an evil witch. Ouch!
      Teddy slapped Hildrs shoulder. She rubbed it and glared at him and sighed.
- He says that if we have time to bicker, you have time to find me my weapon.
      The Flow-watcher snapped her fingers and a claymore appeared on Teddy's back. He unsheathed the weapon, looked at it for a moment, feeling its weight and then grabbed the blade, snapping it in two and throwing the pieces to the ground. He glared at the Flow-watcher and signed to Hildr.
- He says he wants HIS weapon. He says that you should stop imposing your own ideals on others and listen what they are saying.
      Hildr translated and the Flow-Watcher made a mockery of a repentant pose.
- Or you will do what, spank me? Oh Teddy. If you are in to that sort of play, I'm always ready for you.
      The remark was met with stone cold silence and an unyielding stare. With the taunt ending up as a failure, the Flow-watcher sighed and snapped her fingers. The gigantic battle axe dropped on the ground next to Teddy. It was way too big for him to use, that was for sure. Teddy signed at the Flow-watcher to make it smaller and it shrunk right before their eyes to a size more suited for Teddy.
      He picked up the weapon and felt it, and from the corner of his mouth, a smile arose. He felt complete now. He took in a deep breathe and strapped the weapon on his back. There was a convenient slot for it in his armor. and it slipped in place like it had always been there. He readjusted his shoulders and signed to Hildr.
- He says that we should start preparing for what is to come. He can no longer get me to safety. I don't need to be safe. Why everyone here is thinking that I'm a bother. I am a warrior priest of the Church of the Morning sun, third rank and a Crusader anointed with the Morning Dew. I am capable of handling my self.
      Teddy shrugged. He didn't understand what that meant and continued.
- The White Queen will be coming soon and we must all be prepared for the siege.
       Hildr explained. and hurried after Teddy, who was heading for the northern gates.

All the while this scene played out, the Flow-watchers caretaker, Gryl and a wolf were watching from the sidelines.
- The mistress seems happy.
      The caretaker said to no-one in particular. The silver-haired lady seemed and odd mixture of old and young. She had wrinkles and a silvery hair, but they seemed a bit out of place on her. Like she should be younger than she appeared. And her voice didn't fit her at all. It should have been carried by an unrivaled beauty instead of this old woman. The wolf spirit woofed in agreement.
- I couldn't tell. Gryl said.
- We should hurry after them. We all have duties to fulfill. The Caretaker said and followed the trio from a distance.
      Gryl was still stunned and simply stood there. The wolf let out a inquisitive sound and tilted its head. Gryl watched at the beast.
- What? He asked. The wolf snorted and trotted after the rest of them. Gryl stood there and shook his head.
- What in the Nine Hells is going on around here. He said and went after the rest of them.

This concludes the epilogue of the story. I'll now review all of the segments I have posted and compile them to a comprehensive chapter during the following week, doing my best to weed out all the typos and grammatical errors. There might be some changes to the way some things are portrayed and I'll do my best to make this into consistent story. I'll also add a listing of all the characters and their info as soon as possible.

Thanks to all of you who have taken their time to read this story.  If you would like to vote on the poll or leave some critique or suggestions I would much appreciate it.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 01:09:26 PM by Jackhammer »

Offline IamKeria

• Fear YAH and Work with Faith
  • Stay Humble
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2015, 01:23:15 PM »
Hey bud I haven't been on going to read through it.

Offline dadeye5880

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2015, 12:11:45 PM »
I am sorry....I was unable to read it all. :blush:

But I think since You were able to write it this long, it's better to go on with it! :thumbsup:

will it be a manga? I want to see it as a manga.

Offline Jackhammer

• I am me. Are you you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2015, 12:18:31 PM »
I am sorry....I was unable to read it all. :blush:

But I think since You were able to write it this long, it's better to go on with it! :thumbsup:

will it be a manga? I want to see it as a manga.

I haven't got the faintest idea if it will ever make it to be a full manga. I have my hopes and dreams but the odds of it happening are. Relatively small.

No worries. After i compiled all the segmenets, I too realised that it's pretty long. And that was the "first chapter". :unsure:

Offline IamKeria

• Stay Humble
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2015, 01:01:21 PM »

I haven't got the faintest idea if it will ever make it to be a full manga. I have my hopes and dreams but the odds of it happening are. Relatively small.

No worries. After i compiled all the segmenets, I too realised that it's pretty long. And that was the "first chapter". :unsure:

I am tempted to do some fan artwork for it :)

Offline Jackhammer

• I am me. Are you you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2015, 01:03:39 PM »

I am tempted to do some fan artwork for it :)

What, realy? :ohmy: By all means!

Offline IamKeria

• Stay Humble
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2015, 01:10:30 PM »

What, realy? :ohmy: By all means!
[/quote]

My artwork isn't all that good though lol in my eyes

Offline Jackhammer

• I am me. Are you you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2015, 01:15:21 PM »

My artwork isn't all that good though lol in my eyes

Dude. Don't worry about it. I'm honored that you even consider spending time for it.  :thumbsup:

Offline Jackhammer

• I am me. Are you you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2015, 05:00:00 PM »
Chapter two, Segment 1

Spoiler

Hildr caught up to Teddy and touched his arm.
- Are you alright? She was worried that the changes made by the Flow-Watcher had effected Teddy negatively. But Teddy smiled confidently.
- Dont worry too much about it. I'm perfectly fine. All she did was compress me, claiming rhat I had grown unnecessarily big. But that's her opinnion. Teddy seemed a bit bitter but that feeling quickly vanished as they finally reached the gates.
      The walls seemed sturdy enough to hold a considerable force at bay, but the militia guarding it was far from  battle ready. Thin and weak from the curse, they would fall like wheat to scythe before the enemy's attack. Something had to be done, but there was very little time to prepare.
- We can't hold this town. The militia is too weak. Said Hildr, disheartened by the sight. But Teddy seemed confident.
- We can. I'm here. He didn't brag. He stated it like it was a fact, and judging by his display of prowess infront of his home cave against the army of barbarians, Hildr was inclined to agree. A few hundred barbarians were no match against him, but that was when he had been bigger.
- But you are not like you used to be. Are you certain that you can defeat an army single handedly? Teddy dismissed Hildrs doubts with a wave and signed.
- Try to push me.
- What? Hildr asked.
- Push me. Take me down. You'll see. Teddy signed.
      Hildr faced Teddy and pushed. He wouldn't budge. It felt like trying to push down a brick wall.
- Come on. Try harder. Teddy smiled. Hildr felt like she was looked down upon. Her childlike features flared bright red and she died her black hair back with a ribbon.
      She casted her most powerful blessings on herself and pushed as hard as she could. Teddy yawned. Hildr punched Teddy in the chest in frustration. Just before going to bed, she would remember doing that and realise, that if it had been anyone else, they would have died instantly, but Teddy barely registred that act of violence. Hildr's face flared red for the second time.
- You... You and me are going to spar. Right now. She said with a voice that didn't take no for an answer. Teddy shrugged and followed after the stomping woman.
      Gryl paced himself next to Teddy.
- You do realise that you are screwed, right? Teddy signed something to him.
- I don't understand that sign language of yours. Gryl said. Teddy thought for a moment and gave Gryl a thumbs up. Gryl shrugged.
- Your funeral. I know you are strong but I also know that she is strong. Might be stronger than you, if not as tough. Teddy seemed confident to Gryl so he decided not to press the matter further. The end result wasn't important to him, though he would like to see Teddy's confidence take a hit or two.
      Somehow Gryl felt annoyed by how casually Teddy behaved towards Hildr. There didn't seem to be a hint of respect towards her. At first Gryl had thought that maybe he was jealous, but he was quick to discard such suspicions. He had his heart set for another.
      They walked towards the western side of the town where the barracks and training grounds were located. Hildr was still annoyed by Teddys behaviour so she was determined to wipe that smirk off of his face. Give her two minutes and she would make Teddy eat dirt from the heel of her boot.
      Hildr placed herself at near the center of the square and took a fighting stance after recasting her blessings. Teddy casually stood before her, his axe on his left shoulder and his weight on his right leg. He didn't take this seriously at all. Hildr growled in anger and charged.

Her furious swings were dodged effortlessly by Teddy. He kept his axe resting on his shoulder as he moved left, right, right again and a step back. He still had trouble adjusting his perspective to this new level so this was good practice. He was certain that he could have taken all the attacks head on, but with the invading army closing in on them every day, it would be best to use the little time had as best he could.
      His passiveness seemed to infuriate Hildr somehow. Teddy watched Hildr chant as she kept swinging at him. Teddy felt the energy gather, compress and pulsate around Hildr's mace as he dodged the shield bash she threw towards him. The energy kept gathering and soon reached dangerous levels. He had to block this or else the gathering spectators might get hurt.
     Finally the energy charge peaked and Hildr realeased it with a wild overhead swing. Teddy deftly pushed his axe up from his shoulder and prepared it for the block. Hildr's mace connected and the explosive burst of energy sent a shockwave and cloud of dust around them. The sound of the explosion made all the dogs bark and sent the birds scrambling in fright.
     The crowd murmured as the dust cloud settled. Most had bet that Teddy was dead, but when the cloud finally settled, they stood in stunned silence. Teddy was perfectly fine. The ground around them was cracked and there was a dent under where Teddy stood. And his clothes were ripped, but he was unhurt.
Teddy's face was grim.
- Are you seriously trying to kill me? He asked of Hildr.
- if it makes you take me seriously. Yes. She answerd, panting under the strain. That attack had been her sure kill move, bu he wasnt even hurt. Not a single mark could be seen on his skin. That realisation was scary, but what was more frightening was Teddy's expression.
- Fine. Teddy shoved Hildr away and held his axe lightly with one hand. This was another reminder of his terrifying strenght. If that axes physical form was simply compressed, than it would weight easily over one hundred kilos.
- One hand. Teddy said and charged at Hildr.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 01:05:12 PM by Jackhammer »

Offline IamKeria

• Stay Humble
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2015, 12:55:51 PM »
Hey Jack. Can you take your stories and put them in spoiler boxes and make sure to label them of which chapter is what :D thanks

Offline Jackhammer

• I am me. Are you you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2015, 01:07:05 PM »
Hey Jack. Can you take your stories and put them in spoiler boxes and make sure to label them of which chapter is what :D thanks

Did it for the newest part. Don't think I'll do it for the ones I have lready compiled as a full chapter.  :thumbsup:

Edit: Did it anyway.  :ninja:
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 01:32:22 PM by Jackhammer »

Offline IamKeria

• Stay Humble
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2015, 04:53:14 PM »
Lol i see.

Offline Jackhammer

• I am me. Are you you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2015, 02:48:29 PM »

Chapter Two, Segment Two

Spoiler

Hildr infused her shield wih her divine energy and prepared herself to take the first swing. Teddy's wide one handed horizontal swing connected with a clang and she regreted receiving it as she skidded roughly ten meters back. Her entire left arm was numb from the hit. Had she not reinforced her shield, the impact might have broken bones.
      She didn't have time to think as the next swing was already closing in. Deftly, Hildr rolled away from the path of he overhead smash. Even though she was wearing a heavy plate armor, it didn't effect her agility. The swing hit the ground wih thump and sank deep. Teddy ripped he axe efortlesly and continued his assault.
      The game if cat and mouse continued, as Hildr kept dodgin all of Teddys swings. She didn't have time to counter under the relentless assault but she kept looking for an opening. Finally one presented itself, as one of Teddy's wide horizontal swings whished over her head. His left side was open. Hildr dove in and tried to ram her mace into Teddy's side. But the opening was a trap set by Teddy and she took the bait. He end of the axe smashed into Hildrs back, slamming all of the air out of her lungs, leaving her helplesz on the ground.
      Teddy stood over her, his face grim and shadowed.
- Satisfied? He asked. Hildr didn't answer, just tried her best to get her breath back. Teddy snorted and walked away. Hildr jumped up and lept for his back. Everything slowed down. Teddy's shoulders dropped and he sighed. He grabbed the handle of his double bladed battle axe with both hands and swung, catching Hildr mid-air. It wasnt the blade that hit her, but the side. The force of the blunt slam sent her like bullet towards the stone wall of the barracks. She slammed against the wall, broke it and tumbled inside through the hole.
      Teddy shook his head and walked away from the field, depressed. Gryl watched him leave.
- Was that realy necessary? He demanded. Teddy shrugged but didn't stop. He walked around the corner when the distressed villagers rushed to Hildrs aid. He leaned against the wall with shaky legs and vomited blood. Hildrs sure kill move had done serious damage. His insides were a mess. He could feel pressure build up inside his abbdomen. He would have to open his belly and let the blood out before he passed out.
      Teddy felt a strong pair of hands lift him up. A womans voice grunted under the strain.
- By the Heavens man you weight alot! Stop staring and help me out here! A second pair of hands grabbed him from the other side.
- Don't worry. We mean you no harm. Said a mans voice. Teddy was barely able to keep his conciousnes. He didn't know them, but the lady smelled like herbs and the man like coals and iron. They dragged him for sometime and finally they entered a house filled with the smell of concoctions and herbs.
      They dragged him into a room and on a large bed. The woodworking of the bed groaned under the weight as the woman closed the curtains and rummaged around the different vials and bottles. She finally produced a foul smelling potion and forcefed the acrid liquid to Teddy. The aftertaste was a combination of strawberries and oxen manure.
- Should I go help the priestess? The man asked of the woman.
- No. The priestess should be fine. She had her blessings and armor to take most of the impact. The woman gently stroke Teddy's hair.
- This one, on the other hand, is lucky to be alive. Twice in one day, he has been dragged to the gates of Deaths manor. The attack by the priestess was unnecessarily violent. Thank you... Teddy? For taking it for us. I know enough that I can tell what that attack could have done if you hadn't taken it for us.
- Doesn't mean I trust him one bit. To me, he still is an ogre. Regardles of what he looks like or has done. The man said with a stern voice. The woman gave the man a look, and he man turned pale.
- We will talk about his later. The woman said with coldness in her voice that could freeze a mammoth where it stood.
- Yes mam. The man replied with a weak voice.
- Sleep now, son. The woman said with a sof  oice as she covered Teddy with a soft blanket that smelled of herbs.
- You will be all better tomorrow.

Offline Jackhammer

• I am me. Are you you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2016, 04:17:49 AM »
Chapter Two, Segment 3

Spoiler
      Teddy woke up the next morning. His body ached all over, but it didn't feel like he had any serious injuries. He tried getting up and felt a tug on his side. There was a thin, long straw protruding from his side. Dried blood had caked in a wooden bucket next to the bed.
      The Alchemist had done a good job. Had the blood remained inside his abdomen, the pressure might have caused some serious damage and lengthened his recovery. He grabbed the straw and pulled it out. A Small trickle of blood followed but the bleeding stopped swiftly and the wound closed.
      Teddy focused his attention to his surroundings. Judging by the angle of the light siphoning through the thick woolen curtains obscuring the tiny window, it was nearing noon. The room smelled of extinguished candles and bittersweet medicine. The smell reminded him of the mixture he was given some time ago. Teddy couldn't be sure of the date and it bothered him. He hefted his legs off of the bed and the wooden structure creaked and groaned under his weight.
      Teddy stretched himself to his full length and and moved around, trying to loosen his stiff muscles. He realized he was butt naked, but then again it didn't really bother him all that much. It was the Southerner way to cover oneself with clothes. A brisk breeze would surely wake him up, Teddy thought.
      He pushed the door opened and had to bow down to fit through as he entered the living room. The smell of all kinds of mixtures and herbs was stronger here. An alchemical table, a decently build fire place and a table stained by the all the colors imaginable were the largest objects in this cluttered room. All manner of plants were hanging from the roof beams and the slowly boiling and bubbling porridge in the cast-iron cauldron gave an eery, yet welcoming feel to the house.
      Teddy took in the sight and before long focused his gaze on the stout old lady in a rocking chair, milling something in a mortar. The ladys her hair were pulled up into a tight bun, she was dressed in a thick gray woolen dress and an apron that most likely had once been white, but now was brown and stained.
- Up already I see. The woman said to Teddy. He nodded.
- Don't just stand there. Sit down and have a bowl of porridge. Teddy obliged and sat on a chair in front of the table.
      The woman placed the mortar on a small stool next to the rocking chair and hoisted herself up. She waddled to the fire place all the while cursing her old bones and aching joints. After a quick search through the cabinets above the fireplace she found a small bowl, glanced at Teddy and put it back. She then grabbed a thick cloth from the pocket of her apron and hoisted the whole cauldron up and waddled closer to Teddy.
- Grab that would you, Dear. She nodded at the second, stained black stool next to the alchemical table.
       Teddy reached and grabbed it and placed it in front of himself. The old lady groaned and dropped the cauldron on the bench. The wood sizzled a bit and a four small streams of smoke rose from where the beastly legs of the cauldron touched the wood.
-There. The lady said and waddled back to the fire place. Another quick search and she produced a ladle. She gave the ladle to Teddy and searched about in the room before finding a pint she deemed large enough. She blew into it and wiped it clean with her hand. Her fingers were thick and stained like the rest of the things in the house. The joints were swollen.
      The lady placed the pint on the table next to Teddy and filled it with oxen milk from a jug she had grabbed on her way.
- What are you gawping there for? Eat up and drink your milk. The lady said with a stern voice that didn't leave room for argument. Teddy did as he was told and started stuffing his face with the porridge. He soon realized how hungry he was and increased the pace of mouthfuls. He took a long swig of the milk, emptying the pint and helping himself for another pintful. The old lady was back in her rocking chair, milling the herbs in her mortar. Though she didn't smile, one could see happiness in her eyes.
- That's a proper appetite you got there, Dear. Don't mind me, help yourself to some bread. It's over there on the side table. Teddy raised his eyes up from his meal and reached out. He grabbed the loaf and took a large bite of the dark malt bread. It was sweet and slightly bitter and the smell was intoxicating.
    When Teddy had finally finished eating and was gouging the las bits of the porridge from the cauldron, the old lady hoisted herself up again and sat on the other side of the table.
- Now that you are fed, let's have a talk shall we. Without waiting for Teddy to reply she continued.
- I know who and and what you are, Sentinel. And I would like you to tell me why you have left your home and brought yourself over here on the edge of civilization? Teddy blinked, surprised by the straight forward manner of the woman.
- Oh, where are my manners. My name is Silva and I am the healer of this town. Silva introduced herself. Teddy grunted and made a courteous bow. The small smile tugged at Silvas lips.
- Now then, Teddy dear. Explain yourself. Teddy scratched his chin, trying to figure out how to convey his motives to Silva. There was a stubborn stubble growing on his chin and it made a rasp sound as he scratched.
      Teddy began making simple and broad hand signals, trying to use as obvious gestures as he could. It turned into a guessing game, but eventually the main points of his story were conveyed.
- So you are trying to save Hildr from the White Queen... This is troubling. If you are not on your post, guarding the rest of the South, what is there to stop Her from marching straight for us? Teddy shook his head.
- You didn't think this through did you? Silva asked. Teddys head dropped. Silva snorted.
- Men. Well. There isn't much we can do now is there? Don't answer that. You have done enough as it is. Silva waved Teddy apologies away as she got up. She waddled back and froth in front of the fire place with her hands behind her back, thinking. Teddy followed her pacing with his eyes.
- I supposed the only thing we can do is prepare for the best and hope for the worst. The quip was filled with bitterness but it held a certain truth in it. Teddy rose up and gestured his pledge to fight for the town.
- Oh that wasn't up for debate in the first place. I expect you to bleed for this town since you are the bringer of this disaster. She closed in on Teddy and poked his broad, hairy chest with her lumpy finger.
- I know what you are capable of and have seen it first hand. Make sure you bring your best effort to the table when the fight comes or I'll be sure to make you one of the Spearless myself. The coldness in Silvas voice made Teddy feel small and insignificant, like a mouse in front of a war dog. His hand instinctively moved to cover his privates.
- Now, get back to bed and let me sort out this business with you and Hildr. The sudden changes in mood threw Teddy off balance. He stood there open mouthed and watched as Silva waddled to the alchemical table with the mortar.
- Are you deaf? Bed. Now. Silva commanded and Teddys body moved before he willed it. The glint in Silvas eyes caused a chill to run down Teddys spine. It was a mischievous glint that didn't bode well for him, he was sure. But like in most things that concerned women, Teddy was wrong again. In a sense.