September 22, 2021, 11:11:02 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: DIGITAL MANGA MAGAZINE PUBLISHING (THOUGHTS??)  (Read 934 times)

Offline ShonAkuna

• STUDIO GYVNGU
  • STUDIO GYVNGU
    • View Profile
DIGITAL MANGA MAGAZINE PUBLISHING (THOUGHTS??)
« on: March 07, 2015, 07:24:58 PM »
I want to know your thoughts on starting an independent digital manga magazine publishing site. Featuring works of others who are interested in getting there works out to many others. Sort of what Saturday AM is doing: http://www.saturday-am.com/

It may not be my business, but I want to get into the action with this. Not because I want to make manga (which I do), but as a support to the manga/anime community. May be in over my head, hell who cares though. Still going to do what I want. But am interested on what you all think of this as an idea & an actual digital/print product.

Thanks for reading.

Offline darlingGrim

• Deleted
  • Fight the moe
    • View Profile
Re: DIGITAL MANGA MAGAZINE PUBLISHING (THOUGHTS??)
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 08:49:27 PM »
I've been interested in SaturdayAm for a while now too. Unfortunately you have to have a credit card to get issues (I do but I prefer paypal but they don't have a paypal option). So I'm just keeping my eye on them.

To my knowledge they are currently looking for volunteers for general things and they also do a monthly 10 page comic completion thing. I think you should give it a try! I'm not very good at coming up with ideas myself but I like the idea of the competition and I listen to their podcast where the announce the winner.

There is also a shoujo equivalent called Sparklermonthly.