April 18, 2024, 12:30:29 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: A Sample of My Work (Hardcore Critique Needed!!!)  (Read 2637 times)

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
A Sample of My Work (Hardcore Critique Needed!!!)
« on: March 10, 2014, 11:35:11 PM »
EDIT - Oops...I read the rules after I posted this and ya I guess unfinished work doesn't belong here.. I posted it in the Manga Art section so please view it there....Well I guess this threads needs deletion.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 12:24:49 AM by Manimal »

Offline Aesthetic

• Not a Rapper.
    • View Profile
Re: A Sample of My Work (Hardcore Critique Needed!!!)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 11:53:47 PM »
I honestly don't like this kind of style but it has a cool basement magazine quality to it. Disappointedly a spelling error I noticed right off the bat.

This first picture was difficult to see whats going on.

The second was well developed, the character actually has an appeal to it, rather than anyone else. Which is good though, everything else felt underdeveloped.

The third, was confusing and I couldn't tell what angle I was looking from. It also looked like he is missing a leg.

The 5th cutscene is also confusing, is the right side upside-down?

The rest was easy to understand. The biggest thing you need to work on is dialog/appeal and the way you activate scenes, there is just too many part's where im like "Where am I look at this from?" and want to turn my computer on it's side.

I see a lot of potential in this style though; you got a talent for creativity and leisure. Keep it up.

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 12:08:13 AM »
I honestly don't like this kind of style but it has a cool basement magazine quality to it. Disappointedly a spelling error I noticed right off the bat.

This first picture was difficult to see whats going on.

The second was well developed, the character actually has an appeal to it, rather than anyone else. Which is good though, everything else felt underdeveloped.

The third, was confusing and I couldn't tell what angle I was looking from. It also looked like he is missing a leg.

The 5th cutscene is also confusing, is the right side upside-down?

The rest was easy to understand. The biggest thing you need to work on is dialog/appeal and the way you activate scenes, there is just too many part's where im like "Where am I look at this from?" and want to turn my computer on it's side.

I see a lot of potential in this style though; you got a talent for creativity and leisure. Keep it up.
I don't even think this is a style. Dude spelling is my #1 issue. God I have spelt so many words wrong in comics it becomes hilarious. Ya one of my biggest flaws is visualizing a shot. The character is suppose to get punched and fly upside down into a wall. However I'm not a big chance taker and I always go the easy way out so I drew it in the simplest terms I could. You can probably tell right away I rush. I'm obsessed with completion and hammering out a certain number of pages per day. I don't need to rush but my mindet for art is horrible. It's like "I NEED TO FINISH THIS NOW!" even though I don't. So I think that's why some panels are unclear. In the 5th panel the right is upside down since it's a split shot of both eyes and the one guy is upside down on the wall. But ya I think you can also tell all the effort goes into the girls. I drew that character out a bunch of times before I did this while the others I drew once. Thanks for the critique.

Offline Aesthetic

• Not a Rapper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 12:11:42 AM »
When u want to convey the image of him flying into a wall upside down. Make sure to show the process of her hitting him. You will find that the more filler scenes you make with more or even less effort. The less time it requires to develop the entire book.

Details baby.