April 17, 2024, 08:31:30 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Araminta  (Read 30233 times)

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
Re: Araminta
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2016, 04:40:10 AM »
Oh man stardustpink! This is impressive! You've really picked up the pace and you're narration has picked up for sure. Great work!

Well hello stardustpink, very impressive! I  can't say it's my genre (I'm more of the dark type) but from what I seen your narrative and drawing / shading skills improve with every page you make. Keep it up! It's not easy to hold on to your motivation, so it's a great thing you got this far already.  :clapping:

:blush: Thank you both ;) Its always a good thing to hear your improving certainly. Ah thats okay, everyones into diffrent things, cant please the entire world eh? Im more into fantasy and cute stuff myself I spose for example. Your right on the motivation thing @_@ Times I feel like chucking my paper and pencils out the window :P Comes with the territory I spose.

The last page should be uploaded around December, and hopefully I can put this and issue one as ebooks around that time. For free download preferably. I find if people can actually TRY summin they like it. Im also working on some other projects on the side right now she lets see what happens with those in the coming months.

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2016, 05:47:14 AM »

Issue 2 is very nearly finished. About 6 more pages if Ive counted right, so be on the lookout for the next update my dears.

As a little something extra this time Ive included some extra drawings of furture characters to appear in Araminta, and a little bit about them. Call it a bunch of teasers

Maple Syrup, a trainee witch whos spells are always going wrong, and her familiar Cat, Toad(as in the mushroom).

These two are Sara and Peter, 11 year old twins. When there parents suddenly died they were entrusted to the care of mean miserly old man, forcing them to run away. They end up in a circus of all things as an acrobactic duo, "The Opal Twins". Sara is the sweetest of the two, but more meek and timid. Peter is more bold, but rather gruff and hot tempered. There diffrent personalities balance each other out.

A family of tiny people known as "Podlings". Siblings, Gelfie, Pipkin and Gavin. I plan for them to be in issue 3.

Saorise, a little undersea girl who can breath underwater and communicate with marine life.

John Paul, a hippyish peace loving rabbit.

Thats quite a bit to work with and I hope to get there stories down eventually. Im a bit tempted to do a poll or somthing, have people vote for what story theyd like to see before others. if theye'd actually be inertested enough for that ^^'

Enjoy the images
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 06:07:55 AM by stardustpink »

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2016, 03:19:56 AM »
Oh I really like Maple Syrup there!

You have a good sense of panelling and narrative flow there. Reminds me of the wordier sections of CLAMPs' stories really. They are so simplistic and minimalist but have this magical flow to them that just carries you away. I feel feels, and that's a good thing.

Great work stardustpink

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2016, 06:18:49 AM »
Oh I really like Maple Syrup there!

You have a good sense of panelling and narrative flow there. Reminds me of the wordier sections of CLAMPs' stories really. They are so simplistic and minimalist but have this magical flow to them that just carries you away. I feel feels, and that's a good thing.

Great work stardustpink

I'm glad ya like Maple  ;D Hope her story is well recieved too

Cool, I read alot of CLAMP so mayby thats influenced my work some. And I consider emotions very important in a story so I'm glad that aspect is conveyed ^^ Thank you

Not long now and issue 2 is done

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2016, 04:14:25 AM »
ANNDDD its finished! Phew, its always a trial getting an issue done, but feels good once ya have ^^ Ive also put it out as an ebook for easier reading, which is avaibe on my Patreon account totally free(no patron fee required). The link is just below and I shall also post the pages here.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/7198941

If ya'll would like to see more Araminta, lemme know. Im curious on what people think

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2016, 05:34:33 PM »
That was quite the narrative there stardust. A bittersweet ending and something that was definitely worth the read. Props to you

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2017, 12:01:42 PM »
I've begun work on Araminta Issue 3, so here are some sketches to entice and anticipate you. I'm also attempting to gain funds for this project, so if you'd like to help, or could toss a buck a persons way, you cna do so in the link below.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1258105277/araminta-issue-3?ref=project_tweet

Enjoy the skecthes folks, your support makes all the difference.

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2017, 01:36:44 PM »
looks great!!!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 03:36:28 AM by Walter B »

Facebook       Patreon

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2017, 08:24:16 AM »
Been awhile since I updated this, but I wanted to becuase "Araminta" is not dead. I am still working on it, aswell as other projects to be honest ^^'

This can be a nuisance and a good thing. Nuisance in trying to get them all finished, good thing as in when you get a little bored with something, you can swtch to something else for awhile. If your working at all that is a good thing I reckon. I do wish I was getting more help, but Ive started to get funds on Patreon so have been able to get outside assitance. Though more always helps. Getting pages inked and stlories written is not cheap and you havat pay people fairly for there work.

I've nearly finished the first issue of Cosmic Theif Silvia, just a page to ggo there actually, and done a whole mess of sketches for Araminta and other projects. Mental health someitmes gets int he way too as I dont always feel liek drawing when depression rears its ugly head, so that cna slow the process. But I dont like to think of myself as one who gives up easily.

To keep ya'll stimulated here are some sketches for a very short AU story im working on, with Cassian and Araminta as homeless wanderers.

I hope as time goes on I'm able to show more for one reason or another. I do often wish I got the work ot more cosistently but, I guess all ya can do is yer best.

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2017, 05:11:22 AM »
So Araminta 3 is officially off the ground. The most trouble I had was desinging the Podling village.

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2018, 11:29:04 AM »

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2018, 07:56:14 PM »
Thats looks like a nice world

Facebook       Patreon

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2020, 08:05:27 AM »
Im not dead. Just floating.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2020, 03:23:58 PM »
I'm not dead.
Glad to hear it!!!!

Great manga pages!

Your manga style is very unique with not having solid panels a lot, it's very shoujo style. I love it :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2021, 04:20:54 PM »