March 28, 2024, 09:16:20 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Stardustpink Art  (Read 56393 times)

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
  • Someone who will tell you what you need to hear
    • View Profile
Re: Stardust Art
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2014, 05:25:13 AM »
i suggest add variety to the limbs of your characters and check if they are consistent. sometimes you make hands too big because their limbs are too short, and other times you make them the appropriate size.

make sure that eyes are proportionate to their face, they can be bigger than normal, but not to the point where eyes just seem out of place. when we see the characters at an angle, we can partially see their other eye, but not enough. and that looks odd.

work on their heads, and make various profiles of them by slowly turning them. another issue you need to consider is how thick you make them. don't make your arm and legs too thick. seems most of your art is inspired through 90s anime and disney movies. not necessarily a bad thing, but your work needs a little more variation.
Stop playing victim....you know what you did.

Offline bossx5

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2014, 07:40:11 PM »
First thats alot of pics second why doesn't anyone use manga studio I use a mouse to color but I suck at it but it has alot of useful tools and makes it easy

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2014, 12:03:34 PM »
Just a general thought, but is there any particular reason you're placing your figures on such large backgrounds?  If you're working zoomed in, it's probably not so noticeable, but when you see the images as a whole, very often the characters seem a bit lost due to their small size.

Hmmm... No, no real reason, just, go with what feels right I suppose. but I can see your point. Back in school my teacher always said you should use up every part of the page, leave no area empty. I do however scan the images in big and then shrink the images down after, as its easier to do the finer details this way, but, I tend to post the big images on DA as they tend to resize em automatically, and incase anyone would like to look at them bigger. Just my ways I spose.

I love the chibis, like the 4th one down on the first post. Your style really suits those.

As to the over sized eyes comment, you could probably get away with keeping that actually. Its a stylistic thing.  I think the problem isn't that they're large, it's that they're in general, too far apart.

And as for hands and feet, try paying more attention to wrists and ankles, they get much narrower than you're drawing them.

My favorite as far as anatomy books go is Andrew Loomis's figure drawing book

Thanks ^^ I think so too, I mean, anime/manga, the eyes are quiete large. In real life there eyes would probably end where the eyebrows are. And looking back, yeah, I can sorta see what people mean. Sometimes it looks like one of the eyes is gonna slide right off the face >< Hope in time and pratice I can notice that more. As for the narrower parts of the body, I admittedly have a lot of trouble with those >< They always come out weird looking right now...

About the eyes - try to make them in different shapes to make your characters more individual, because right now the look like clones but with different hairstyles and clothing.
But I like the colors - they're very lively.
And try to add some shading to make them more natural.

Keep it up :)

I think I get whatcha mean. And thanks, im glad for the colours ^^ I love bright, eye-catching stuff myself, but while I think what I use is okay, I fear perhaps there a bit harsh, or rather,some people might find em so. But I guess you cant please everyone. Shading where, exactly? Just so Im clear...

i suggest add variety to the limbs of your characters and check if they are consistent. sometimes you make hands too big because their limbs are too short, and other times you make them the appropriate size.

make sure that eyes are proportionate to their face, they can be bigger than normal, but not to the point where eyes just seem out of place. when we see the characters at an angle, we can partially see their other eye, but not enough. and that looks odd.

work on their heads, and make various profiles of them by slowly turning them. another issue you need to consider is how thick you make them. don't make your arm and legs too thick. seems most of your art is inspired through 90s anime and disney movies. not necessarily a bad thing, but your work needs a little more variation.

Ive noticed that aswell ^^' Tho, I think Im getting better at the arms and legs and necks. Looking at my earlier stuff, they were ridiculously thick. Its an improvement in any case I spose. I'll keep trying to get it right. But I am glad to know I get it right sometimes at the very least. Disney huh? Hmmm...

First thats alot of pics second why doesn't anyone use manga studio I use a mouse to color but I suck at it but it has alot of useful tools and makes it easy

Personally I find Manga studio really difficult, same with illustrator. I get on better with Photoshop and computones than I ever have with those two programs. I also prefer drawing via a laptop touchpad and the pen tool than I do with a tablet and pen, find it much easier and my lineart and colouring comes out much smoother. But that's just my preference

Cheers everybody for the feedback and taking the time to look at my pictures!!^^
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 12:05:06 PM by stardust121 »

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2014, 12:09:56 PM »

Fizzy was always my favourite of the original ponies. She also seems to be one of the most popular. It was fun, putting in all the different colours.

Some very nice shades of pink and purple, and I reckon they all go very nicely together.

Espio the chameleon in human form. I know I messed up a lil on the right arm looking back ^^'

Offline TayTay

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2014, 11:57:41 AM »
I love the look of all the chibis! :) The colors are very vibrant and are just the right touch! :) Like everyone says just work on the eyes and the anatomy and you will be very well off!  :clapping:

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2014, 07:30:02 AM »
Quite a large art dump today  ;) Enjoy ya'll

"Little Witch Miyako Chan" is a 6 year old little witchling, daughter of a grand high witch, who lives in a village filled with all sorts of other magical inhabitants.

The puppy, Syrup, is her familiar. While most witches have cats, I felt a little dog suited Miyako better. ^^

I really need to practice drawing Cael more. Hes meant to be a rather large, strong looking man, but Im not really used to drawing that particular body type. Hope I improve in time

Sandra is the elder sister, Coral the younger. Got the idea from "Do You Wanna Build a Snowman" from Frozen. Just wanted to draw a pair of close sisters.

Although Quackers was never in the cartoon, there was a doll, and I really liked her colours, so I decided to draw her.

So far this is my favourite to have drawn in this little mini series. All the different colours, various shades of purple. Id like to try coming up with an original character with dual coloured hair like this if possible. Admittedly tho a single hair colour is easier to work with.

Shinobu the bat girl, bathing in the river.

PHEW! Feel like I've gotten alot done recently. I've had a lot of drawings just sitting on my computer, gathering dust, so its nice to get them finished off. Takes a lot of pressure off and lessons the workload.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 07:31:46 AM by stardust121 »

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2014, 02:48:34 PM »

Gawd, I feel like I've been working on this image FOREVER! At this point Im honestly just glad to get it finished. After all the hard work I put into it I was getting it done come hell or high water.

The image is a bunch of my characters in an alternate storyline and roles, set it feudal japan. I hope to do a side story based on this someday. Tho I get the feeling it wont be exactly historically accurate... XD

A catboy and catgirl. Twins to be precise. Since cats like fish, I figured Sushi might be considered gourmet food XP That was the basis of this picture.

Recently I decided to give "Gravity Falls" a go. I was pretty unsure about liking it, but I was pleasantly surprised!

Its funny, even quite clever at parts, without being too in your face with the humour or overly satirical. Kinda a mix of Buffy and Scooby Doo I find.

So far my favourite characters are Mabel, and Waddles. So, I drew this picture!! Its also my first attempt at a Screencap redraw. I myself am really pleased with the end result.

Wasent too sure about the shadows, Ive never done this sorta thing before, but I think it came out alright.

Another parody piece, this time its my Harmony girls as Ojamajo Witches. Took a long time but worth the end result I think. Nice rainbow coloured piece.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 01:27:35 PM by stardust121 »

Offline ptngan1311

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2014, 11:49:55 AM »
What a cute art gallery OwO <3 ! There are some problems related to anatomy in your works, still I believe that you are very potential :3 btw, I love the 28th picture most, cause I love gothic fashion :9

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2014, 01:26:55 PM »
My character Tammy. An orphan all her life, since she was abandoned outside a hospital the night she was born. She grew up in foster care before running away at the age of 8, spending the next 5 years of her life as a street kid.

This picture is meant to be about those early days, the first few months living rough. And for a young child, all the harder. She's meant to be on a train at night, the lights from outside just whizzing past. Not bad for a first time on that effect, I think. I imagine the perspective is a bit off on this, but, I did start drawing this some time ago.

Ya ever do that? Start a picture and it just ends up sitting on your comp or whatever for ages? Sometimes I end up trashing them cuz looking back, I feel I can do better, but other times, I do still like certain elements of the image and want to finish it. Id say this is one of em. So if its not as good as my more recent pictures, that's cuz like I said, its actually a fair bit older. I tried also tried making her position on the seat look more correct as was suggested before. Not to sure if I did it completely right , but I tried my best

Another screencap redraw, this time its Mimi from Digimon. For some reason or another the Princess episode always appealed to me. I tried taking into account what people have said about large backgrounds, so cropped this image. I think its an improvement in that area, I dunno...?

Lastly, its another pony picture. I remember Shady always being worried and rather downhearted in the series, so I gave her a slightly anxious expression. I think the hairstyle rather suits.

Ive just been trying to cut down my workload a little, completing anything in progress and take anything new at a slower pace. I tend to try and take on too much.

I think I should try working on some more Araminta pages soon. I don't want the artwork to look too vastly different if I get better whle Im not working on it, at least while the first issue remains half finished.

Ps to ptngan1331: Thank you :3

Offline GingerStark

• Social & Political Scientist
  • There is no single truth, only contingent theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2014, 01:51:39 PM »
Aha, I agree, this artwork is very adorable indeed! I think if you refined your anatomy a bit, then you'd be an awesome artist in no time  :thumbsup:

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2014, 10:51:26 AM »

Next pony on the list is Gusty ^^ I like the pose and her hair, although the arms proved difficult. I ended up doing them over and over again trying to get em right.

I wanted to try drawing a picture using that old shojo manga style, where the characters have sparkly eyes. This is my character Lilyanna. She was loosely inspired by Snow White, I wanted to create a girl as beautiful and innocent as her name. She's the main character in a fairy tale type story.

Drawing it on paper wasn't too difficult, but once I started inking via Photoshop, it got much harder, especially the eyes. But I think in the end it turned out pretty well, and I have a better idea of what to do with it now.

Id like to try drawing some of my other characters in this style. I think there's a few that would rather suit.

A crossover idea I've had for some time, and I finally decided to draw it ^^

The little girl is Araminta, an original character of mine, but I didn't make her for MLP. She's got her own series Im currently working on.

I thought she and Discord would make for an interesting image. Both are very random, unpredictable, something of an enigma(I don't think they really go into detail of where Discord comes from, if Im not mistaken), and both are very patchworked. Although in Araminta's case its clothes and not bodyparts :P

Discord has come across this unusual little girl, and Araminta is just perched on his tail, completely oblivious and unsurprised XP  She comes across weird things all the time so I doubt Discord would shock her. And unlike most I think she would enjoy Discords powers, chocolate rain and all that. And being an oddball herself, I think she would grab Discords interest. This picture would probably take place after his reformation.

I hope people enjoy this combination, I may do some more on this duo. Lemme know whatcha think I guess and whether or not you'd like to see more of this combo.

A little crossover of sorts ^^

My rendition of The Cowardly Lion, from Wizard of Oz, and The Dormouse from Alice in Wonderland (Made this character a girl). Thought it'd be a sweet subject matter. Both are small children, shy in nature, and like flowers.

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2014, 05:31:34 PM »
Nice stuff Stardust!

The one with Discord and Araminta is interesting. Although what Discord is I'm not entirely sure...

Your anatomy is still off in some parts. Gusty's thighs are too short. And for Araminta's arms I'm not sure where they went.

I like your colouring and backgrounds.
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/noteriddler

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2014, 04:27:14 PM »
Nice stuff Stardust!

The one with Discord and Araminta is interesting. Although what Discord is I'm not entirely sure...

Your anatomy is still off in some parts. Gusty's thighs are too short. And for Araminta's arms I'm not sure where they went.

I like your colouring and backgrounds.

Thank you! Always appreciate comment ^^

Not a fan of MLP FIM???

Shoot ><  Ah, well, so long as Im not getting worse, I guess that's good ^^'

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2014, 07:39:40 PM »
I've never watched MLP   :(
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/noteriddler

Offline stardustpink

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2014, 02:23:55 PM »
I've never watched MLP   :(

Ah, well thats what Discord comes from ^^ Lord of chaos, crazy character, very funny

A personal rendition of the villain of Oz. Im really pleased with how this came out, and I feel like Ive tried some new things while creating it. I kept in the Crystal Ball from the movie version. It has a nice ominous, intimidating mood to it.

Just something I wanted to do for fun. Looking to try a bunch of different manga styles with my own creations as a sort of challenge. I felt this style suited these particular girls.

One of my fave scenes from MLP. I plan to do a couple more on the series, a lot of them featuring Discord XP

Took me awhile to redesign Discord as human, but, Im quite pleased with the turn out. I kept certain features from his original form to distinguish him further from the main six and normal ponies. Discord is probably more like some great all knowing sorcerer, if he were human, while the girls are mere mortals. Im not sure bout his eyes tho, MAY change them in future images.

I guess this is also kinda Discolight.

Ive actually got summin else drawn, but its more mature, and Im not sure about the rules of mature content on this site. Can anyone tell me??? Is it okay if its censored or is it a flat out no? Dont wanna get banned.