June 12, 2021, 05:13:33 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Poll

Most impressive Display of Power

Kabo vs. Team 6 (With Alessa and Ulrik)
1 (14.3%)
Jahki vs. The Heroes (In Haven)
2 (28.6%)
Team 1 vs. Cera
1 (14.3%)
Qioni vs. Sevo, Tanix, and Korg
2 (28.6%)
Davik vs. Team 2 (With Allens, Harport, and Kata/K)
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: January 15, 2016, 10:48:15 PM

Author Topic: Age of Corruption: CONCLUDED  (Read 103814 times)

Offline WhiteCrow

• Society X Origins undergoing changes
    • View Profile
Re: MR Project #2 - Age of Corruption
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2015, 01:32:32 AM »
Ok, with the prologue concluded, here is the breakdown of what's going to take place. With this project, it's going to be driven by the choices made by the participants, which means -- if there is a fork in the road, you all will decide whether a group of heroes goes left or right, depending on the choice, characters may find themselves in good situations or bad.

In terms of number of characters, the total amount of MAIN characters I want is 24. Now, in this project, there will be main and secondary characters, the difference -- main characters will be involved in the biggest moments of the story, the secondary characters will either be limited to cameos, support roles in Jahki's realm, or potential fill-ins in the event a participant drops out or stops participating.

The total amount of characters I want involved is 36... so that means there are only 12 Support slots, everyone is allowed to place a max of 3 characters (there are exceptions that I've made for returning participants, but that has been settled), when filling out the form I've made, just put whether you are filing for a Main or Support role for them.

Very important... this project is a much bigger undertaking than the last, it is for this reason that I am kindly asking for as much participation as possible. The purpose of this project is to give exposure to characters created by MR members, which means, Character Moments, even if they're only a paragraph long, are encouraged. I want you all to understand, this is a time-consuming process (as was the last one), but it is something that I am more than willing to do if I see that there is participation.

Lastly, another important reason for this project is to promote collaboration. It would be an awesome sight to see Raiders working together on Character Moments, or volunteering to help with some of the writing. My hope is to build a connect MR Universe, and I need all of you.

Here is the Character Sign-Up Sheet...

Name:

Story (What story are they from):

Main or Secondary:

-If you have an image of your character, feel free to post it

Height:

Personality (Cocky, Sarcastic, Well-spoken, friendly, soft-spoken, shy) - Basically need to know how they interact with strangers, friends, enemies:

Physical description:

Abilities (Abilities are not powers-- an ability is having superhuman strength, speed, sight, etc.):

Powers (Simple, do they control ice, fire, or something like that):

Weakness:

Combat Type (To put it simple, is your character a cerbral fighter, an instinctive fighter, careless, reckless, a barrage style -basically attempts to overwhelm foe with non-stop attacks-, ... if there are others, include it):

Moves:

Max amount of moves is 8, each character is also allowed to specials, or "finishing moves" -label them from 1 through 8, with the supers getting labeled super 1 and super 2-

Hopefully we can make this project more successful than the first!

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2015, 01:40:21 AM »
Now we know the name of the devil, and he's called Kabo *Tense music intensifies*

That future travel ability is such a cheat! I have some ideas of how it could be beat. This could be really interesting.

I'm definitely in looking to participate. Business will always kill me sometimes, but I'm really. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out!

As for side characters I'll hold off just for now in case new comers come along and want theirs in. If it does end up free though I'll enter Data.

Offline WhiteCrow

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2015, 01:43:07 AM »
Well Lego, feel free to add Data. Rex isn't counting against the max amount -- I included him because he's one of the characters I deemed as fixtures for this story.

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2015, 01:47:25 AM »
Is it too late to say I'm down for this!?  :blush:

Offline WhiteCrow

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2015, 01:48:38 AM »
Nope. Sign up just started about 15 minutes ago.

Offline WhiteCrow

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2015, 01:50:37 AM »
Matter of fact, Shio is already in the story as a fixture -- basically his being there doesn't take up a character slot. Which means you're free to include someone else if you'd like.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2015, 01:58:37 AM »
So that means we can add a main character and a side character too?

Offline WhiteCrow

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2015, 01:59:52 AM »
Yes. As of now, you have no characters entered. Rex is in by default. Which means you can add Data as a Main or you can add someone else as a main, or just have Data be a secondary... whatever combo you want.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2015, 02:04:10 AM »
Awesomeness, then I'll dig through my characters and see who I can bring along!

Offline WhiteCrow

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2015, 02:37:57 AM »
A new thing I've decided to introduce is Promoted Character Moments. Basically, it's a way of letting all participants know that the situation that has just passed is an opportune time for Character Moments. Example... worlds have just ended, friends; lost, family; lost... this is an opportunity to write a CM detailing how your character(s) came in to Jahki's Realm. For returning characters, you're familiar with the method... Jahki created a portal in their world, and they went through it. But... the destruction, what if they were unable to save a loved one as they entered? Writing something that details the moments leading to their entering the portal...

For Newcomers (and new characters) here is your choice... there are 5 other Omni Realities, each with their own pair of Watchers. Here are the means used by the Watchers to bail out their respective warriors...

Reality 1: Teleportation (Meaning they were in one area one second, and then poof -- in front of that respective duo of Watchers

Reality 2: Assistants (Think flying cupids -- except not pink, bowless, more like -- two-eyed, intelligent minions, that appeared before them and transported them to safety)

Reality 3: Magic Door (Not literally, basically, the characters are seeing the world crumble before them, and then a voice speaks to them internally, tells them to turn around; where a door has appeared. The voice beckons them to open and enter if they wish to survive.

Reality 4: Fish hook (Yep! That's right. Your character, in the middle of chaos, gets HOOKED like a fish and pulled out away from certain death, only to meet two zany Watcher twins.

Reality 5: Elemental pick up (Imagine, your character, inside a collapsing building, when a gust of wind blows in, surrounding them and then whisking them away to the Watcher Realm. Or... a sea of flames surrounds them, engulfing them and then transporting them. Hell -- a tsunami comes and instead of them getting ravaged by it, they phase in to it, emerging unharmed, and in a new world.

Take whichever you want, and make a moment out of it.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2015, 02:48:51 AM »
Sort of like a telltale games reaction thing huh. Maybe it'll affect the overall outcome. I have an idea for a moment. Will work on it soon after I get back from my day

Offline Operative13

• Self-Proclaimed Writer and Anime Enthusiast
  • Writer of Caesarea
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2015, 02:53:21 AM »
If we're a returning participant, could you clarify how many new characters are we allowed to introduce again? I know there was something about being able to keep the previous characters you used in the last MR Project, but with the 2 main, 1 support limit, how would that work exactly? Does that mean the main and support I had in the previous project would go toward that count and I'm only allowed to introduce 1 new character? Or is there more to it?  :hmm:
“To give of oneself is the noblest of all acts.”

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ope1ativ3 | Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/Operative13
Project Signup: https://forms.gle/4qTnBD65tcz2XRdY9

Offline WhiteCrow

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2015, 03:03:30 AM »
If we're a returning participant, could you clarify how many new characters are we allowed to introduce again? I know there was something about being able to keep the previous characters you used in the last MR Project, but with the 2 main, 1 support limit, how would that work exactly? Does that mean the main and support I had in the previous project would go toward that count and I'm only allowed to introduce 1 new character? Or is there more to it?  :hmm:

Ok. So, with the first MR project -- Allens was your main, Harport was your Support. When I initially wrote the guidelines, I added that previous participants could keep their originals AND add up to 2 more... well, in the months after that, I realized that that could lead to a potential roster of over 60 characters... WAY more than I can handle. So I came up with this method. In terms of returning participants -- the Main for each one is allowed to re-enter in any capacity, those are what I'm classifying as Fixtures (Neske and Marco are the only 2 Supports that I included as fixtures). So essentially, long story short... Allens is a fixture, meaning she is in the story regardless, unless YOU specifically tell me that she has died in these opening moments. So, with that said... you can still fill out 3 forms... if Harport is to return, he takes up one form, but the other two can be new characters.

Offline WhiteCrow

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2015, 03:11:55 AM »
Let me briefly explain why this method is much more beneficial to me... in project 1, there was... 15 participants? Monok had two characters I believe...

So, if all 16 characters are fixtures, then I'm at 16. However... given that some members are no longer active, or some may want to introduce new characters... then, I can easily write off a few, or have some simply cameo.

Now... with my new system in place... I can have as many characters as I want in this story. Because, by having a pool of support characters to choose from (the 12 that are guaranteed, and the others that are added on the list) I can introduce many characters without having to focus on EVERY character.

Again, long story short (lol) 36 characters (in total) will have reoccurring roles in the story. 24 will be main, 12 will be support. But, an UNLIMITED amount of other characters can be introduced in a variety of ways... dead body on the ground... random comedy moment... jump scare... doesn't matter. Hell, even ones that only appear in Character Moments... it opens up this Universe in a manageable way for me.

Offline WhiteCrow

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2015, 04:07:26 AM »
Quick reminder... all entrants must be ok with the possibility of their characters meeting their end in the story. Obviously that doesn't mean it's a guarantee (I'm not George RR Martin), but, if the story flows in a direction where death occurs, I need you all to remember that I made you aware.