March 29, 2024, 01:29:05 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Refining, and Designing Characters  (Read 3844 times)

Offline Zero_Ichimura

• Hello Kitty, You Can't Deny the Awesome
    • View Profile
Refining, and Designing Characters
« on: September 07, 2008, 12:38:00 PM »
Alot of the time a manga will begin becuz someone has a flash of a character in there mind, and they like wat they c. however many times iv found that i have just to many ideas for the characters provided. wats the solution to this problem? well u can either forget ur good ideas, which is frankly a pretty awful idea. OR u can write down all ur ideas, take a break, and then later on u c which of the ideas u rly like, and which ones were just a passing thot. Iv been developing the characters in my manga over 2 years now, becuz alot of the time i was indecisive on how they should b portrayed. So what i decided to do was to play around with different story lines, powers, character builds, relationships, introductions, the whole shabang. If i didnt get deeply into the story after the first week, i would take a few weeks off until a new idea came to me, and eventually i would find places where i could place in the characters i rly became attached to. Eventually if u picture ur characters in different scenarios ull make them perfectly to ur liking, and ull have a beautiful array of original characters.

hope u enjoyed my tips on how to refine and design manga characters

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Refining, and Designing Characters
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 01:17:35 PM »
Well i think imagination is the key here. But I think the best pratise is writing down all details about each character. look, cloths, habits, weapons, characters history/origin etc.

Offline Zero_Ichimura

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 02:21:40 PM »
well of course thats wat i was saying, but alot of the time ppl like to play around with there characters wen they have a new idea. in this way if u come bak to the character after some time, u subconsciously filter out the ideas that werent very important to u

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 10:13:51 AM »
Wel yes When you make the story structure you have to know the characters, their roles and everything else about them to make the characters perfect. But I don't get what you mean by " subconsciously filter out the ideas that werent very important to u ".

Offline Zero_Ichimura

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 11:05:43 AM »
in taking a break, u forget the ideas u didnt like very much, remembering the ones u loved wen thinking of the character after a period of time

Offline Corycaly

• I'm the French yeti: often heard of but rarely seen.
  • Administrator
  • Life is a bazooka.
    • View Profile
    • Corycaly's blog
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 02:45:55 PM »
sometimes taking a break is useful because you have more distance with your project: you can see the mistakes, the good things and you can improve it. But you really need to have written clear elements before or else it will sound like  a big confused thing.