November 17, 2018, 01:43:32 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Holiday traditions?  (Read 1406 times)

Offline MissChurro

• ~Queen of Kawaii~
    • View Profile
Holiday traditions?
« on: December 03, 2013, 01:44:37 PM »
My family has lots of traditions all through the holiday season. So I was wondering, what are your holiday traditions? ^-^

Here's a few from my family, there are more, it would just take too long to name them xD

Thanksgiving breakfast consists of pie dough and hot chocolate. I have no idea how that started but it's always been that way xD

The day after Thanksgiving is our official Christmas tree day. We set up and decorate the tree while eating Christmas cookies we baked earlier that day.

We always take a walk around the neighborhood sometime in December to see the Christmas lights on all the houses.

Christmas Eve, we watch a Christmas movie that night, and afterwards it's always a tradition to get an early present. That present is our "Christmas Eve pajamas" lol... I have no idea how that started, but ever since I was little, my parents would always give all of us (even themselves lol) pajamas on Christmas Eve and we've just kept doing it every year. xD

Christmas morning, our breakfast is mini donuts. That's right. Mini donuts. We tend to have unhealthy breakfasts on holidays, and I'm not sure why? lol but if my grandparents come over for breakfast, we make omelets or something because they don't want just donuts xD After eating breakfast, we open presents.

Then our Christmas lunch/dinner isn't a big feast or anything... It just consists of finger foods mostly. We get a ham to bake, we get meat and cheese trays, crackers, we make dips, and just stuff like that and we just leave it out all day to snack on when we want it lol.

So there are a few of mine... Yeah, some may be weird, but they're still fun. xD
What're your traditions? :3

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday traditions?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 02:01:22 PM »
*feels warm and cozy
*wipes a tear

Ahem - well ours is something of the same. We have these statuettes that stay silent throughout the year on the chimeny but during this time we take them all down and make a mock up of the nativity scene and get a few branches as carpeting. Presents aren't wrapper or anything, but given to us on the day in the living room. Nowadays we just get cash though haha.

Don't celebrate thanksgiving here. But it would be neat to do so.

Some of that day we indulge the parents and they take us to church or somewhere nice to eat, and then we're cut loose and let free to go where we want.

My brother takes the opportunity to dissapear until the next year. I haven't ever been able to find plans of the same.

Offline MissChurro

• ~Queen of Kawaii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 02:10:51 PM »
*feels warm and cozy
*wipes a tear

Ahem - well ours is something of the same. We have these statuettes that stay silent throughout the year on the chimeny but during this time we take them all down and make a mock up of the nativity scene and get a few branches as carpeting. Presents aren't wrapper or anything, but given to us on the day in the living room. Nowadays we just get cash though haha.

Don't celebrate thanksgiving here. But it would be neat to do so.

Some of that day we indulge the parents and they take us to church or somewhere nice to eat, and then we're cut loose and let free to go where we want.

My brother takes the opportunity to dissapear until the next year. I haven't ever been able to find plans of the same.

*Joins in the warm coziness*
Ahem, I mean... Cool traditions! ^-^
That's something I forgot to add to mine... My grandmother always sends us little figurines every year for our nativity scene. A few years ago my grandfather built us a stable thing (I don't know what else to call it lol) to display them in. It's really cool... He covered the top in tree bark and moss. xD

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 02:15:02 PM »
Sounds neat. Heh, grandparents tend to have good handy skills in one form or the other

Offline MissChurro

• ~Queen of Kawaii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 02:47:14 PM »
Sounds neat. Heh, grandparents tend to have good handy skills in one form or the other

That is very true. Very true indeed. xD

Offline Pyroar

• avert your eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 02:53:26 PM »
My family usually comes down to my grandmomma's house for a the whole day and unwrap presents. We don't have any special tradition other than the older people make hats, like ones with animal ears or something.

Offline MissChurro

• ~Queen of Kawaii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 03:10:51 PM »
My family usually comes down to my grandmomma's house for a the whole day and unwrap presents. We don't have any special tradition other than the older people make hats, like ones with animal ears or something.

Oh that sounds cute! I want an animal ear hat xD

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Chau-chau!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 03:18:59 PM »
We have a sparse few I guess.

For Thanksgiving, my dad or me or both of us get up around 4 or 5 to prepare turkey since it takes long to cook. We have a 'special' way of preparing it, with olive oil and covering it to make the moisture cook it faster, adding a little water in the large pan for even more moisture.
At the same time we prep potatoes and carrots and soak them in water to make them softer.
Most of the tradition is the getting up early haha.

Or sometimes for both Thanksgiving and Christmas, there's always a big family dinner on my dad's side.

For Christmas we always sleep in. Usually at the gatherings all the kids receive hung bao or red envelopes with money in it *Ka-ching!*
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.

DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 03:27:37 PM »
Gah that turkey sounds nice.

I'm huungry

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Chau-chau!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 03:33:00 PM »
Kind of waiting for a time when hunting a live turkey for thanksgiving will become a tradition.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 04:58:04 PM »
You've hunted before?

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Chau-chau!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 05:08:16 PM »
Haha, no. Don't have a hunting license. I don't think I'd be able to kill the poor gobbler anyway. It's a lot healthier, but the meat is probably tougher. Doesn't come with built in stuffing either.

Offline MissChurro

• ~Queen of Kawaii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2013, 06:34:08 PM »
I don't think I could kill a turkey lol... I would feel bad xD
Plus, not only do you have to kill it, but then completely prepare it yourself. Eww. xD

Offline everlastin01

• Learning/attempting writer
  • Working on story and practing things
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2013, 11:11:23 PM »
For Christmas my brother and I wake up around 7 a.m. then wait until 10 for our mom to finally get up. We eat and then tear open presents. Then we go to my grandmas and get more food then presents again. Eat again, then go play with our presents until the next morning (my brother and I normally don't fall asleep that night
Coryn's assistant

and Rouge Student (Galactic Raiders)

Offline MissChurro

• ~Queen of Kawaii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2013, 04:21:14 PM »
Haha awesome! Even though I'm older now, I still get so excited for Christmas and I always wake up early that morning xD