April 17, 2024, 08:41:29 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Where do you read Manga Online ?  (Read 79911 times)

Offline Synctual

• Are You Nasty?
  • Miss Jackson! Miss Jackson! Miss Jackson!
    • View Profile
Re: Where do you read Manga Online ?
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2015, 12:34:16 PM »
Mangasee is my go to site. Always on time with updates, good translators, no malware, and almost every manga I can think of. It's great, been using it for about two years now.

Put This Here To Make You Sad
My Story
Rock Star! (Shonen)

Offline DeAngelus

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2015, 08:28:54 PM »
No, they have bad translators and bad quality pages since they just want money as fast as possible.

http://mangafox.me/manga/freezing/v27/c185/1.html
http://bato.to/read/_/333417/freezing_v27_ch185_by_renzokusei-scans
http://www.mangareader.net/freezing/185
http://www.mangahere.co/manga/freezing/v26/c185/
http://manga.animea.net/freezing-chapter-185.html#.VbqPF7VMtqM
http://mangasee.co/manga/?series=Freezing&chapter=185&index=1&page=1
http://www.mangamint.com/freezing-185
http://www.readmanga.today/freezing/185
http://www.mangaeden.com/en/en-manga/freezing/185/1/
http://www.mangainn.me/manga/chapter/138563_freezing-chapter-185

They all displayed this same credit :

I'd probably be expecting a response saying that I used a famous manga (or manhwa) & not a lesser known manga , I'd like to point out that I did a thorough search on a much obscure manga , Ibitsu (Warning : 18+ Horror & Gory) & came up with the same results as above & since it's pretty obscure , I knew that not many manga hosting sites will have them as well .

I'm going to say this again : Bad translation is the fault of the translator translating them , same goes to whoever scanned , cleaned , typed , proofreads & drawn them (it's the fault of their respective person in charge) , not sites hosting those translated mangas . Be careful as to who you point your finger at , if you don't want to get into a hot pot with them for reasons that in my opinion is moronic & avoidable with better research . Also , I wouldn't point my fingers at the uploaders definitively as well ...

Before you go directing me to the said user/group in the said site , let me remind you that they are no different from those users posting a thread in our own MR's artists/writers wanted section . They registered & used (and being active at times) those sites mentioned to recruit people on their team but in no way that they're a member of the said sites they're in at - they can be at any other manga hosting sites , doing the same thing .

Any site needs money to maintain itself & it's no different for any manga hosting sites & from what I know of , the cost is much higher than a forum-only sites like MR (but even so , it's still costly to begin with) simply because of the load of hosting mangas . To cover up such cost , they rely on donations from other people & ads that depends on traffic , especially if the main contributor to the traffic for any manga hosting sites are readers as their own wallet barely pays for it .

One of the moment when I can blame the site itself is when the ones uploading them to the said site do not include the credits above ...
PM me if you wanted a critique. It takes time for one to come to you, so please be patient.

If you wanted it to be public or private, do tell me.

Offline Icanttakecritiscism

• Get out of the way peasant
  • Ew you faggot
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2015, 08:08:57 PM »
My point is they host bad translation/scans in the interest of money rather than a good reading experience. Otherwise they would have quality control...

Offline DeAngelus

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2015, 09:37:52 AM »
I'm dead tired , but I guess I still have enough energy for one last (drowsy) post before sleeping ...

My point is they host bad translation/scans in the interest of money rather than a good reading experience. Otherwise they would have quality control...
Again & again , that fault falls onto the translator for doing a bad job translating it & the scanlators for the bad scans . It's never the fault of the uploaders nor the site hosting them - it's a whole different matter !

Again , sites like MangaFox needs money to maintain & ads are one of their main income , which relies on traffic . The more faster the updates happened , the more larger their library is , the more readers they get , thus more traffic & more income generated . If they do earn more than the expected cost of maintaining the site , good for them & even though they're f***ed up gold diggers , what they're doing is NOT illegal in anyway . Hate it as much as you want , I hate it as well when they put money above all else (which is why I'd never liked DA as well) , which is why I use ad-blocks for such sites , just to tell them I'm not giving them any money to buy them a Ferrari while still allowing me to visit it for comics to read .

http://forums.mangafox.me/threads/274319-ATTENTION-To-All-Scanlation-Groups!

Yes , even without the link above , I can already tell how the site had turned into a typical cash-cow for some big guns , like DA is currently more or less , just from the fact that malwares are able to invade big sites like MangaFox shows sign that the staffs activity is lacking & I had other links that I've read about a long time ago . I knew quality control for sites like MangaFox is long gone - I regularly go to the site to read manga for study purpose . But again like above , quick updates & keeping their library full & dated is key & one thing everyone knows is that one has to wait for quality ones & what MangaFox has been doing isn't wrong at all . If you don't like the way they manage it , stick to your preferred sites that cares for reading experience & quality then , no ones stopping you - in fact , I've found myself another site to rely on , should the others decides to give me problems .

So , no , I'm not disagreeing with you on the point that MangaFox is a terrible site (It definitely needs someone to take it over & re-manage it again)  but the way you give off similar one-liner accusing sites like MangaFox that made me post these series of long posts . So , if you'd wish to point your fingers at MangaFox , do point your fingers at all other manga hosting sites for doing the same practices , including Bato.to & the way you worded it is rich in personal vendetta .

I don't know if what I've been reminding you before has gotten to you or not , so I'm going to reword in the most direct way possible . If you do feel like they're doing a bad job doing the translation , join their team & do a better job than the current ones did . If you feel like their scanlation is of bad quality , buy the Japanese manga , do your own scanning & post it up online so that the translators can pick it up for translation . If you feel like MangaFox is a bad influence as a manga hosting site , feel free to give a sound reason , walk off & let the people reading it decide if they would do the same you did , not wailing out a one-liner "MangaFox sucks because it sucks" the moment someone mentioned MangaFox as their preferred site (yes , thank you for the shoutout but I still decided to use it as one of the many 'illegal' manga hosting sites) . You think the staffs of MangaFox aren't doing any proper moderation on their manga library , nominate yourself & do it yourself & if not , make a manga hosting site & be your on quality control & by this time , you'll think twice before pointing finger at any manga hosting sites doing such practice for the sake of money .

To be honest , it's people like you who keeps pointing fingers at people on their mistakes but never did jack s*** about it the reason that the ones who has been doing their job for your sake feels vindicated & feels fearful about facing such prospect in doing such jobs .

P.S : When I'm dead tired & not getting enough sleep , my self-control wears thin .
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 09:39:52 AM by DeAngelus »
PM me if you wanted a critique. It takes time for one to come to you, so please be patient.

If you wanted it to be public or private, do tell me.

Offline IamKeria

• Fear YAH and Work with Faith
  • Stay Humble
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2015, 01:53:25 PM »
Ever heard of this app called ZingBox? It's awesome. It has i think at least 10 manga sites that you can read and download and possibly upload manga too. If you are a smartphone or tablet user check that out. Also if you use Windows OS i downloaded this cool desktop app called Manga Tree. The only thing I don't like about it is that It doesn't list all the mangas. They are there but if you go to their categories they only have the "popular" mangas. I don't have anything against popluar mangas I just enjoy the less popular ones more. Lol.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2015, 11:25:38 AM »
i use a chrome app called manga viewer. im pretty sure there is another one that it better but whatever i use this one fine.
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Miska

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2015, 01:08:36 PM »
MangaFox or senmanga (raws) if i read on browser.
I mostly read manga on MangaRock (android app), since it marks the chapters you have read already. Comes handy if you are reading 3-10+ manga at once  :D

Offline AkumaNoJoo

• Manga writer looking for illustrators/artists
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2017, 07:08:20 PM »
I usually use Mangafox, MangaGo or MangaPark
Crazy with love <3

Offline IndecisiveChild

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2017, 02:04:43 PM »
Over my manga reading years, i have never been so in love with an app before. Pocket manga is awesome tho you cant find on play store.
A joureny of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Offline IvanaWijaya

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2020, 05:34:06 AM »
So many web you can use but mangafast is better for me
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 05:38:44 AM by IvanaWijaya »

Offline IvanaWijaya

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2020, 05:36:31 AM »
I use mangafast for read manga online

Offline ahmadibrian