November 18, 2018, 10:08:01 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Starting a blog - Should I use Blogger or Wordpress?  (Read 975 times)

Offline MissChurro

• ~Queen of Kawaii~
    • View Profile
Starting a blog - Should I use Blogger or Wordpress?
« on: November 24, 2013, 02:31:29 PM »
I hope this is the right place to post this...
 But I'd like to start an art blog. I haven't been able to decide if I want to use Blogger or Wordpress. I need something where I can customize the background/banner/etc with my own artwork. This will be my first blog, so I'd prefer something that's not too difficult to figure out. xD

I'm kinda leaning towards Blogger, but what do you guys think?

Thanks! :3

Offline Nairbons

• A Rootin' Tootin' Cowpoke
    • View Profile
Re: Starting a blog - Should I use Blogger or Wordpress?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 04:27:40 PM »
You don't have to take my word for it, but if you're looking to get exposure faster, I'd suggest using Tumblr as the go-to platform for art blogging. There are quite a few other people on there for any number of reasons, and your work will get passed around a lot fast/more frequently.

It's also usually a good idea to have a DeviantArt account on the side, with both of your accounts actively promoting one another. Just food for thought!

What is the purpose of these blogs, just out of curiosity?

Offline MissChurro

• ~Queen of Kawaii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 07:07:08 PM »
You don't have to take my word for it, but if you're looking to get exposure faster, I'd suggest using Tumblr as the go-to platform for art blogging. There are quite a few other people on there for any number of reasons, and your work will get passed around a lot fast/more frequently.

It's also usually a good idea to have a DeviantArt account on the side, with both of your accounts actively promoting one another. Just food for thought!

What is the purpose of these blogs, just out of curiosity?

I've definitely been considering Tumblr, because I have one already, I just don't post on it. I mostly only use it to follow other people lol. I just don't know if it's what I want to use, really... I'll still consider it, though. ^-^

The purpose of my blog is... Kinda a journal or diary, I guess? I want to use it to document my progress with my art over the years, but for other people to see too... And I would also like critiques and comments and stuff to help me improve. But it's not going to be just art, of course... I'll probably share some writing, little things about my life, tips, tricks, and tutorials for art and other things, stuff like that... I'm also writing a manga, and I'd like to be able to blog about my progress on that. :3

I hope that's what you were asking xD

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 06:29:29 AM »
Tell me your tumblr I'll follow you

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 06:52:05 AM »
For a journal or diary Blogger is better but Tumblr is good for if you are starting a photo blog.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 10:31:43 AM »
Yeah I have to agree. Tumblr is pretty much the pre-eminent blogging platform at the moment. And you can always make a secondary blog for your art. I've seen people I follow do it before.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline MissChurro

• ~Queen of Kawaii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 11:02:50 PM »
Thank you for your opinions. ^-^
I think I decided that I will start posting on my Tumblr, but still get another blog, probably Blogger... That way not only can my DeviantArt, Tumblr, and blog promote each other, but I can focus on certain things for each one. Like my Tumblr can be more image based, and my blog would have more journal-like entries, tips, tutorials, etc.

I probably won't start posting anything until late this year or early next year, but in case anyone wants to follow me for when I do start to post, my Tumblr is: http://misschurro.tumblr.com/

It literally has nothing on it lol... But I'll get to posting as soon as I find the time. ^-^

Thanks again everyone! :3

Offline Nairbons

• A Rootin' Tootin' Cowpoke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2013, 11:27:58 PM »
I went ahead and followed your Tumblr page. It does look... pretty sparse at the moment, but I look forward to your first few posts!

Good luck in your endeavors.

Offline MissChurro

• ~Queen of Kawaii~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 02:15:26 PM »
I went ahead and followed your Tumblr page. It does look... pretty sparse at the moment, but I look forward to your first few posts!

Good luck in your endeavors.

Thank you very much! :3

Yeah, my page is empty now... But I think I'll start working on getting it ready! I'll try to get it up and running ASAP! ^-^