April 18, 2024, 03:45:49 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Persona 5 announced!  (Read 2511 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Persona 5 announced!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 01:46:36 PM »
Oh hell yes. Persona is not something that I could get tired of. I must absolutely play this

Offline everlastin01

• Learning/attempting writer
  • Working on story and practing things
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 01:55:25 PM »
aww, I need to borrows my friends ps3 now!!!!!!!!!
Coryn's assistant

and Rouge Student (Galactic Raiders)

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 02:04:16 PM »
what consoles do you have everlastin?

Offline Nairbons

• A Rootin' Tootin' Cowpoke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 04:01:51 PM »
The two franchises that I'd buy a new system for outright would be Mega Man or Persona, and Capcom's clearly dropped the ball on the Blue Bomber. I'm mostly just pumped that I already have a PS3 capable of playing the game for this go-round. And yeah, not only is there a P5, but also a Etrian Odyssey-styled Persona Dungeon crawler for 3DS (I might go buy one soon-ish), a sequel to Persona 4 Arena (Put it on the list), and a musical rhythm-game for the Vita (they can't ALL be winners).

2014 is goin' to be a good year. For Japan, anyways. Lord only knows when we'll get 'em localized.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 04:08:45 PM »
I trust in japan in those areas.

Except... What do you think of Final Fantasy? I've completely lost track of it. Sublime graphics, but I don't know how the gameplay is going down.

Also, is mega man really a good game

Offline Nairbons

• A Rootin' Tootin' Cowpoke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 04:19:47 PM »
I watched Coryn play through 13 and 13-2. He seemed... really guilty that he liked them. Like the way he said it, they were needlessly-complex in terms of story, really linear in terms of progression, and pretty limited in terms of combat options, but he still liked it for what it was. I can't say anything about 11 or 14 because those are MMO's and that kind of poisoned the series for me.

As for me, the last objectively great numbered Final Fantasy was 9. If you're looking for a the best one of all, that'd be 6.

To be honest, the only good Final Fantasies still coming out are the spin-offs. The FF Tactics games and Dissidia FF actually tried new things, and pulled it off marvelously. I've also heard great things about FF Type:0, but that's Japan exclusive right now...

Offline everlastin01

• Learning/attempting writer
  • Working on story and practing things
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2013, 09:24:08 PM »
what consoles do you have everlastin?

....pc and nintendo dslite.... :push:
Coryn's assistant

and Rouge Student (Galactic Raiders)

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
  • Someone who will tell you what you need to hear
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2013, 09:38:27 PM »
I watched Coryn play through 13 and 13-2. He seemed... really guilty that he liked them. Like the way he said it, they were needlessly-complex in terms of story, really linear in terms of progression, and pretty limited in terms of combat options, but he still liked it for what it was. I can't say anything about 11 or 14 because those are MMO's and that kind of poisoned the series for me.

I can see why Coryn felt guilty of liking the series. it was a game with decent gameplay but horrible story. And the same is going to be with LR:XIII.

the reason why 11 and 14 seem like poisoned is because the fact that the collectors want to collect and beat all the games. 11 and 14 make it nearly impossible.

As for me, the last objectively great numbered Final Fantasy was 9. If you're looking for a the best one of all, that'd be 6.

To be honest, the only good Final Fantasies still coming out are the spin-offs. The FF Tactics games and Dissidia FF actually tried new things, and pulled it off marvelously. I've also heard great things about FF Type:0, but that's Japan exclusive right now...

9 was great, but i hate how everyone claims that it went back to its roots. if people complained about the similarities of 6 and 7 (although the key difference are there). FF1-6 were sprites, yet the entire cast looked ridiculous. and not much of consistency.

FF6 is probably the best, but i still believe its heavily inspired by the original FF1. So i personally consider ff1 to be a great game. unfortunately its filled with bugs.

EDIT: As for Persona 5, i'm fairly excited for it. its a pretty good series, and its one of the few games where the spin offs actually are decent and hold true to the original.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 09:41:12 PM by Lorenx1 »
Stop playing victim....you know what you did.

Offline Coach Fro

• Head Coach and Founder of The MR Fighters Division
  • Coach by day, Gravedigger by night...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 01:28:40 PM »
Bout...

Damn...

Time....

But seriously I'm really excited for this. I'm really interested in seeing what concept they'll be going for this time around. The chains on the chairs really got me thinking hard. Anybody got any ideas on what the concept could be? Persona 3 had the whole tartarus thing. Persona 4 had that whole going inside an tv thing. It could be pretty much anything at this point.
Messatsu...