April 19, 2024, 04:09:48 AM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: TK-Seki's Studio  (Read 142593 times)

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
Re: K-Seki's Studio
« Reply #345 on: June 04, 2017, 12:04:00 AM »
The fact that the other eye isn't drawn is messing with me a little, but I love the overall composition of the piece. I never would've gotten that bathtub to look right.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline TK-Seki

• Sleep-Deprived Multitasker
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 06, 2017, 11:39:38 AM »
The fact that the other eye isn't drawn is messing with me a little, but I love the overall composition of the piece. I never would've gotten that bathtub to look right.

Perhaps I should have drawn the other eye in. Hahaha.
My style's been deviating recently, so here's another one out of boredom. I've recently rescheduled since I'm temporarily going full-time as an artist (I won't be able to continue my foreign language studies with the office job). To be honest, I'm quite nervous, a little afraid and somewhat excited.

If you know this guy, congratulations. I hope he didn't traumatize you too much as the comics did me. Haha.

:: =What should today's sketch be?= ::
personal projects: Ayakashi Refrain (webtoon)/ Countdown 50 (WN)/ Okazemadoushi-sama, Ganbatte! (WN) || commished manga: 3 || webtoons: 2 || VN: 1 || LN: 1 (art) || Misc: 5 || Commissions pending: 3

Offline Crystal (BobbyjoeX)

• o-o
  • no idea what i'm doing anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 06, 2017, 01:19:03 PM »
yes, why remind us of "him" since hes not a guy anymore apparently

i heard the whole story of him, not the comics but last i heard it was when he went in and maced a gamestop employee over Sonic's arms in Sonic Boom :/ (the text bubbles are the reason i mentioned that)

other than that, you did sort of an impossible thing, you made this strange amalgamation look good

Click the Banner to Read

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 07, 2017, 05:03:04 PM »
He looks cool

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Maru

• Can't fall asleep
  • Young Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 14, 2017, 01:15:54 AM »
Was browsing through your gallery and have to say I really like the piece you drew for the cover pitch (sword/chains/skull). I think your work really look good in that style, hope you do more :).

Offline TK-Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 16, 2017, 11:37:24 AM »
yes, why remind us of "him" since hes not a guy anymore apparently

i heard the whole story of him, not the comics but last i heard it was when he went in and maced a gamestop employee over Sonic's arms in Sonic Boom :/ (the text bubbles are the reason i mentioned that)

other than that, you did sort of an impossible thing, you made this strange amalgamation look good

I am every bit tempted to remake his/her(?) abomination of a comic sometime. I wondering how it would look like if it were presented as how it really is: a fanmade crossover, not 'muh original character desuuu', and with a plot minus self-inserts. XD I feel that's going to trigger frage mode though.

He looks cool

Thank you so much, man!

Was browsing through your gallery and have to say I really like the piece you drew for the cover pitch (sword/chains/skull). I think your work really look good in that style, hope you do more :).

Woah, thanks, Maru! I will try! ^^

Recent commish stuff done!
One by personal request, one for a webnovel.

personal projects: Ayakashi Refrain (webtoon)/ Countdown 50 (WN)/ Okazemadoushi-sama, Ganbatte! (WN) || commished manga: 3 || webtoons: 2 || VN: 1 || LN: 1 (art) || Misc: 5 || Commissions pending: 3

Offline Crystal (BobbyjoeX)

• o-o
  • no idea what i'm doing anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 16, 2017, 11:53:51 AM »
i really like the panel you did, but i cant really read the text tried to learn japanese... failed

Click the Banner to Read

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 16, 2017, 10:01:37 PM »
i really like the panel you did, but i cant really read the text tried to learn japanese... failed
i can read japan a bit

"Teacher did i pour in enough"

"I think you poured in too much already ^ ^"

i learn japanese but almost never used it LOL

Offline TK-Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 17, 2017, 02:48:13 AM »
i can read japan a bit

"Teacher did i pour in enough"

"I think you poured in too much already ^ ^"

i learn japanese but almost never used it LOL

By context, you translated right. Haha. Japanese is pretty useful when your commissioners had plans to release manga in dual language. (In my case, I can translate to three languages. Can't count on my French yet, lol.)

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
  • Beware! Danger of sarcasm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 18, 2017, 11:27:50 AM »
I can read it :3 It sounds a bit off though. Is your customer japanese? Without knowing the context, I'd say you want to say this:

????????????????

????????????

In japanese, you typically leave out all personal pronouns if you can read it out of the context. Since there are only two people who talk to each other, you would leave out "anata", also the "amount" because you can read it out of the context. Hope it helps and doesn't make me sound too teacherish ^.^°

Translation is very difficult. I translated my manga into english and then had someone native read over it and he found many odd phrases. And I consider my written english not too bad... 
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)

Offline TK-Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 18, 2017, 11:44:51 AM »
I can read it :3 It sounds a bit off though. Is your customer japanese? Without knowing the context, I'd say you want to say this:

????????????????

????????????

In japanese, you typically leave out all personal pronouns if you can read it out of the context. Since there are only two people who talk to each other, you would leave out "anata", also the "amount" because you can read it out of the context. Hope it helps and doesn't make me sound too teacherish ^.^°

Translation is very difficult. I translated my manga into english and then had someone native read over it and he found many odd phrases. And I consider my written english not too bad... 

Not at all. Eventually simplified to take off the 'anata' and switched the amount to 'scent'. In the very end, we ended up using passages from a preexisting reference he has for the text. Lol. AND after that, he requested the whole thing colored. =____= Sometimes you feel like throwing your clients out the window.  ;D

Made changes to my studio (?). Larger table, new mouse, keyboard and headphones. Still a little more to go before my dream rig is complete. :)

Offline a

• Does the censor work here? *censored*, *censored*? Ok?
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 18, 2017, 11:49:13 AM »
I'm jealous of your setup K-Seki

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
  • Beware! Danger of sarcasm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 18, 2017, 12:24:24 PM »
T__T my japanese words were turned into questionmarks. Urgh I know those clients! "Maybe you could change this and that? is that much trouble?" "I only have to make it all over again, but no, not a problem *glare of death*"
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 21, 2017, 04:57:41 PM »
Yeah, man. I don't even really have a studio. I just kinda have my room and a sorta desk.

But, clean and crisp linework and color as usual. Make bank.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline TK-Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 21, 2017, 09:29:58 PM »
I'm jealous of your setup K-Seki

Thanks, Slam. Didn't get to this point in one fell swoop though. This took a few years to pull together. Haha.

T__T my japanese words were turned into questionmarks. Urgh I know those clients! "Maybe you could change this and that? is that much trouble?" "I only have to make it all over again, but no, not a problem *glare of death*"

I have extreme distaste for commissioners who decide to change stuff when everything's near-completion. Compromises other work. :/ I give them to the count of three before booting their project. Sooner, when they start being assholes on top of being cheapskates.

Yeah, man. I don't even really have a studio. I just kinda have my room and a sorta desk.

But, clean and crisp linework and color as usual. Make bank.

I started with an extremely small workspace, too. About 8x10 feet, shared with bedspace. Haha. Not much to move around with, too. Cozy, but cramped.

Aaaaand incominggg~!