November 14, 2018, 01:38:49 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: TK-Seki's Studio  (Read 34019 times)

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
Re: TK-Seki's Studio
« Reply #480 on: October 30, 2018, 04:31:02 PM »
D'aww, look at all this cuteness. I might totally nab your commission deets for one of my roommates. She practically hoards prints and stickers, and I know she'd appreciate the work put into them.

I dunno if I've said it before, but I'm proud to have you as a member of our community. You sure mean a heck of a lot to us. No go forth and get all the moneys at this event!

Offline TK-Seki

• Sleep-Deprived Multitasker
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 02, 2018, 01:00:36 AM »
D'aww, look at all this cuteness. I might totally nab your commission deets for one of my roommates. She practically hoards prints and stickers, and I know she'd appreciate the work put into them.

I dunno if I've said it before, but I'm proud to have you as a member of our community. You sure mean a heck of a lot to us. No go forth and get all the moneys at this event!

That made me smile. >__< If I have the time, I would like to hang around here longer and mingle with the rest of you guys. Q u Q This is all I can do for now. Thank you, Mahlua!

I've got a series of character designs done for character concepts, and recently one of my writers has put up his novel on Amazon. I did the art for his cover, and edited the layout as an extra. I'll be helping him with the art assets for the video promotion for his book soon. :)

As for the other artworks, I'll put them in spoiler since they're a bit large.
We already have a Patreon up for this project. ^^ I have my own Patreon but I haven't launched it yet.

Land of Guardians: Concepts

« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 01:02:36 AM by TK-Seki »

:: =What should today's sketch be?= ::
Open for commissions.

personal series: Ayakashi Refrain (revision ongoing) || active commissioned manga: 3 || webtoon collabs: 2 || VNs in progress: 1 (hiatus)

Offline suuper-san

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 02, 2018, 10:34:33 AM »
that's awesome to have your work on the front of a book, well done! (although it's not your book haha)

great monochrome characters there.
Can I ask, what method do you do for shading, for example, in the second to last one, the magic using one, how did you shade the tunic? some shade edges are really sharp, and other edges have a really long gradient to disappear. I've been struggling to get that sort of feel with my works, so any tips wouldbe appreciated :)

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Chau-chau!
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 04, 2018, 08:09:55 PM »
Cool character designs! My favourite is the last one. Dat Hammer
Btw, I noticed their last names are the same. Are they all related?
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.

DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/

Offline TK-Seki

• Sleep-Deprived Multitasker
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 05, 2018, 01:08:03 AM »
Updates~!
Aaaand it made its way to Jamaican news. Lol.

that's awesome to have your work on the front of a book, well done! (although it's not your book haha)

great monochrome characters there.
Can I ask, what method do you do for shading, for example, in the second to last one, the magic using one, how did you shade the tunic? some shade edges are really sharp, and other edges have a really long gradient to disappear. I've been struggling to get that sort of feel with my works, so any tips wouldbe appreciated :)

Thanks! I lay down the grayscales on SAI, and there are two ways I did the shading. One way was using the plain default brush - I played around with the settings. :) It Multiplies/darkens colors per stroke and makes for good, bold shading. The the ones with the sharp outline you've mentioned were done with this. Its fade is adjusted by using the default watercolor or marker brushes close to the end.

The other uses the first brush lightly, then diluting it gradually by markers and finally the subtle gradient with a custom watercolor brush. Unlike the first approach, I work with the gradients a little after midpoint. /I can show a screenshot of the brushes I have. ^^/

Cool character designs! My favourite is the last one. Dat Hammer
Btw, I noticed their last names are the same. Are they all related?

Thank youuu! :D Yes, they are.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 01:11:10 AM by TK-Seki »

:: =What should today's sketch be?= ::
Open for commissions.

personal series: Ayakashi Refrain (revision ongoing) || active commissioned manga: 3 || webtoon collabs: 2 || VNs in progress: 1 (hiatus)

Offline suuper-san

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 05, 2018, 04:18:58 AM »
that is absolutely brilliant news about making it into the papers :P

thanks for explaining the shading, but I'm not so sure I get you, so for example this shade patch here:
Spoiler
You either:
-build up the shade bit by bit with a semi-transparent brush
or
-paint a darker shade and smudge/blur the edges out
the brushes screenshot might help, although I use GIMP so they might not be transferrable. it's more the method rather than the brushes that I'm trying to get my head around at this point :P

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
  • Beware! Danger of sarcasm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 13, 2018, 03:03:05 PM »
Woah awesome! makes me feel bad about slacking on my main project, d'oh! But congrats on making it to the newspaper!
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)