April 19, 2024, 01:03:44 AM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: TK-Seki's Studio  (Read 142588 times)

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: TK-Seki's Studio
« Reply #480 on: November 02, 2018, 10:34:33 AM »
that's awesome to have your work on the front of a book, well done! (although it's not your book haha)

great monochrome characters there.
Can I ask, what method do you do for shading, for example, in the second to last one, the magic using one, how did you shade the tunic? some shade edges are really sharp, and other edges have a really long gradient to disappear. I've been struggling to get that sort of feel with my works, so any tips wouldbe appreciated :)

Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 04, 2018, 08:09:55 PM »
Cool character designs! My favourite is the last one. Dat Hammer
Btw, I noticed their last names are the same. Are they all related?
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/noteriddler

Offline TK-Seki

• Sleep-Deprived Multitasker
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 05, 2018, 01:08:03 AM »
Updates~!
Aaaand it made its way to Jamaican news. Lol.

that's awesome to have your work on the front of a book, well done! (although it's not your book haha)

great monochrome characters there.
Can I ask, what method do you do for shading, for example, in the second to last one, the magic using one, how did you shade the tunic? some shade edges are really sharp, and other edges have a really long gradient to disappear. I've been struggling to get that sort of feel with my works, so any tips wouldbe appreciated :)

Thanks! I lay down the grayscales on SAI, and there are two ways I did the shading. One way was using the plain default brush - I played around with the settings. :) It Multiplies/darkens colors per stroke and makes for good, bold shading. The the ones with the sharp outline you've mentioned were done with this. Its fade is adjusted by using the default watercolor or marker brushes close to the end.

The other uses the first brush lightly, then diluting it gradually by markers and finally the subtle gradient with a custom watercolor brush. Unlike the first approach, I work with the gradients a little after midpoint. /I can show a screenshot of the brushes I have. ^^/

Cool character designs! My favourite is the last one. Dat Hammer
Btw, I noticed their last names are the same. Are they all related?

Thank youuu! :D Yes, they are.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 01:11:10 AM by TK-Seki »

:: =What should today's sketch be?= ::
personal projects: Ayakashi Refrain (webtoon)/ Countdown 50 (WN)/ Okazemadoushi-sama, Ganbatte! (WN) || commished manga: 3 || webtoons: 2 || VN: 1 || LN: 1 (art) || Misc: 5 || Commissions pending: 3

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 05, 2018, 04:18:58 AM »
that is absolutely brilliant news about making it into the papers :P

thanks for explaining the shading, but I'm not so sure I get you, so for example this shade patch here:
Spoiler
You either:
-build up the shade bit by bit with a semi-transparent brush
or
-paint a darker shade and smudge/blur the edges out
the brushes screenshot might help, although I use GIMP so they might not be transferrable. it's more the method rather than the brushes that I'm trying to get my head around at this point :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
  • Beware! Danger of sarcasm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 13, 2018, 03:03:05 PM »
Woah awesome! makes me feel bad about slacking on my main project, d'oh! But congrats on making it to the newspaper!
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 17, 2018, 10:04:16 AM »
Great cover! And that hammer looks fantastic!

Facebook       Patreon

Offline TK-Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 29, 2018, 05:04:29 PM »
that is absolutely brilliant news about making it into the papers :P

thanks for explaining the shading, but I'm not so sure I get you, so for example this shade patch here:
Spoiler
You either:
-build up the shade bit by bit with a semi-transparent brush
or
-paint a darker shade and smudge/blur the edges out
the brushes screenshot might help, although I use GIMP so they might not be transferrable. it's more the method rather than the brushes that I'm trying to get my head around at this point :P

It's more the second approach. A darker shade, then dilute it softly with either the marker or watercolor brush. I recently had to reinstall SAI but I kept my brush settings, haha. I'll list them here when I'm back on my comp.

Woah awesome! makes me feel bad about slacking on my main project, d'oh! But congrats on making it to the newspaper!
Great cover! And that hammer looks fantastic!

Thanks, guys! These took quite a while lol.

We've got the Patreon up for the manga! The first few pages will be open for non-Patrons to read, so I'll share it here, too! Enjoy!

Land of Guardians Patreon right here!

« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 05:09:05 PM by TK-Seki »

personal projects: Ayakashi Refrain (webtoon)/ Countdown 50 (WN)/ Okazemadoushi-sama, Ganbatte! (WN) || commished manga: 3 || webtoons: 2 || VN: 1 || LN: 1 (art) || Misc: 5 || Commissions pending: 3

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 29, 2018, 06:14:29 PM »
You go, little boy with a slingshot. You be the greatest, although that seems like an old and tired trope at this point. Or maybe I'm just around people who still overplay the Pokemon theme.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 01, 2018, 08:00:10 AM »
lovely quality on that manga page, and great you got the patreon up and running :)

I think text shouldn't run from white background to black background, probably better to keep it all in the black if you ask me :) apart from being a tad hard to read, it feels like the text was just slapped on without any alignment.

would it not be "this is the story..."?
since it's about to follow in the pages to come. "that" would imply it's the last page and you've just heard the story I think.

it is definitely an overused trope, although it's basically shounen genre, so if you're into that like myself then you never mind more I guess :)

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 01, 2018, 01:00:38 PM »
Good luck with your project guys. Will love to see the next pages when they come out.

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 02, 2018, 03:06:18 AM »
Great pages. That forest/jungle looks awesome!

Facebook       Patreon

Offline TK-Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 30, 2018, 01:40:36 AM »
Thank you, everyone! ^^; I'll be sharing the next page once it's up on Patreon. :) For the meantime, here's a little Christmas thanks from this series collab to our supporters - Patrons and non-Patrons!

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 30, 2018, 05:35:59 AM »
Merry Christmas!  :santa:

Facebook       Patreon

Offline TK-Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 31, 2018, 08:35:57 PM »
Merry Christmas!  :santa:

Hey ya, Walter! Hope you had a great Christmas! Our New Year's celebration has passed -- it's a quiet, new morning. :)

H A P P Y  -  N E W  -  Y E A R , M A N G A R A I D E R S !

As a small gift, here's a quick peek at the upcoming series I'll soon be posting on Webtoons.

Updates and thoughts:

I've been feeling conflicted of sorts, since early December-- a Japanese animation studio has extended an offer to work with them after viewing my portfolio (they're the sister studio of Feel. Inc., the studio responsible for Kiss x Sis). Thing is, I'll need to relocate- and I am very hesitant to leave with only less than half my own studio taken with me lol. Other than that, it means leaving my own house unattended for long periods of time. The thought of renting out an apartment, too-- the rent is mighty expensive. OTL In the end, I told them I can't join them now, but will do so once I am able (because there's so much to prepare for - securing my house, hibernating my billing accounts, getting the proper equipment to be able to continue my work outside of theirs). The cool thing about them was that they said they will always welcome me when the time comes.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 08:52:02 PM by TK-Seki »

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 01, 2019, 10:24:40 AM »
That's really cool to hear Seki! Moving up to the big leagues. Just remember us when you're rich and famous  :sadbye:

Seriously though, I hope you can get that together for yourself! It sounds like a great opportunity!

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF