June 23, 2018, 12:03:22 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Your own Zanpaktou  (Read 2700 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Your own Zanpaktou
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2018, 09:23:43 AM »
Damn, sounds almost as problematic as Ryuujin Jakka. Pretty sweet Zanpakutou there Frono

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2018, 09:33:13 AM »
Oh boy, yeah you weren't kidding. This is OP as sh*t.

It can definitely be worked with, but I'll have to pair it down quite a bit. I don't want to rag on it, but I'd like to give you some design notes.

You got a lot going on here, but I won't blame yah since as you said, it's been a while. Mainly, it just blows away the design rules of zonpakuto. (Yeah, there are design rules).

Basically, a shikai should only have two gimmicks max, the first being the shape it takes on, and the second being the actual power. You've got like, five? You're transformation is also way loco.

I don't even know where to start with the bankai. But it's best to remember that bankais are only the natural result of amping up the shikai abilities. It never invents new abilities out of whole cloth. (Looking at you, exploding clones). A few knew things may be incorporated, but they're always tangential shifts into something closely related. (Like Byakuya forming all his little blades into normal swords)

Honestly, it's all more like the Quincy power ups from the last arc than anything else. (Which I don't think you read?) In either case, as I've said before, I'm not likely to introduce any other new faces soon, so feel free to think on it and make adjustments. Remember: a good zonpakuto comes from its simplicity of understanding

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Fronomenal

• MR's Resident Drifter
  • Looking for a place to stay...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2018, 07:46:01 AM »
Lmao I had a feeling my Zanpaktou was a little ridiculous. My memory of bleach must be extremely shot because I thought I was well within rules, but it looks I way out of bounds lol.

When was the last time I watched bleach faithfully? I think it may have been around that filler arc where all the soul reapers' zanpaktous physically manifested (which was like 6 years ago at least) . I didn't really like that arc too much, but Rangiku's zanpaktou was number one Waifu so I wasn't too mad about it.  ;)

Since I lack the brainpower to tone down what I came up with, I decided to come up with a new gimmick that should be much more manageable. Might still be just a tad bit ridiculous, but hopefully not too much.

My Zanpaktou V2
Name:  Ijisumira Aegis Mirror)

Type: Not sure

Sealed state: standard katana worn at the hip

Release Command: Stand by me and repel, Ijisumira!

My sword becomes thicker and elongates slightly.  Attached to the center of the blade is a blue, medium sized shaped shield, emblazoned with a design of a dragon being stabbed by swords, forming a cross. The hilt is black and the guard is golden with a crossed shaped design.

My shikai is able to create a set of invisible mirrors that warp objects between mirror to mirror through a dimensional space. The mirrors work on a Point A to Point B system, whereas for example, an object that enters through Mirror A will reappear out of Mirror B. A new mirror is created whenever the shield on my shikai glows white. In my shikai form, I can create up to four mirrors at a time, and I can use my free hand to move and position the mirrors in different spots and angles. Additionally, I can switch the positions of two mirrors in a instant, allowing me to employ all sorts of trickery to throw off my opponent.

Bankai:  Ijisumira-shin no kainyu (Aegis Mirror divine intervention)

I let my sword float in the air and it emits a blinding light that engulfs the surrounding area for a brief period of time. When the light fades the opponent will find themselves surrounded by a myriad of visible, blue glowing mirrors that range in the thousands. All the mirrors are interconnected with one another, allowing attacks from essentially every angle possible, making it extremely difficult for a opponent to escape without suffering fatal damage.

Ken no hekiga (Bankai Only) I throw my sword into one of the many mirrors and in a instant, the image of the blade is reflected in the rest of the mirrors. The blades, on my signal, will then rain down on my opponent all at once. However, the catch is that all of the swords besides the original are fake and deal no real damage, and are simply there to throw off an opponent's senses and give off the illusion that they're real. And by the time an opponent realizes this fact, they will have already been struck down by the original.

Majikkusho (Bankai Only) Similar to the Ken no hekiga except hadoh spells are employed in place of the blade. A spell that enters through one mirror will be reflected in the others in similar fashion. However, the energy of the spell is divided between all of the mirrors, and when reflected, will rain down on a opponent in the form of multiple beams of thin, glowing light.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2018, 12:58:13 PM »
Haha. Sorry, I didn't mean to rain on any parades. As they say, it's just good business  8)

This new idea is pretty good, although I do have some questions.

- How do you get an invisible mirror? If a mirror is invisible then that means it wouldn't reflect any light, which makes it not a mirror...

- So they can act as portals for whatever they reflect? Or does an object have to physically pass through? What is the limit to what they can teleport? Could you teleport yourself?

- Can you hold the sword by the shield?

- So if a new mirror forms when the shield glows, what triggers it to glow in the first place?

- Going back to their portal like nature: are they always open? Can your opponent say, toss a rock in and it will end up at the opposite mirror?

- Is there some sort of interstitial space between the two connected mirrors? Is there travel time involved? Could an object be specifically held back before it exits on the other side?

Offline Fronomenal

• MR's Resident Drifter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2018, 09:01:32 PM »
Your rain on my parade is completely understandable. Had you let it go on it would've turn into a complete circus lol.

But on to your points...

- How do you get an invisible mirror? If a mirror is invisible then that means it wouldn't reflect any light, which makes it not a mirror…

Damn, I have a problem considering science when creating a power. Other than making it more tricky to deal with, I really don't have a reason for the mirrors being invisible, so screw it I'm making them visible.

- So they can act as portals for whatever they reflect? Or does an object have to physically pass through? What is the limit to what they can teleport? Could you teleport yourself?
Objects have to physically pass through. The mirrors could hold pretty much anything, and yes, I could teleport myself. Actually teleporting myself is part of my main offensive approach.

- Can you hold the sword by the shield?
I thought about it, and it sounded cool in my head initially, but holding the sword by that manner didn't look right when I actually envisioned it, so no.

- So if a new mirror forms when the shield glows, what triggers it to glow in the first place?

Didn't think about that. Maybe a verbal command, perhaps? Maybe something like, “Shine” or reflect” I guess. Let’s go with reflect.

- Going back to their portal like nature: are they always open? Can your opponent say, toss a rock in and it will end up at the opposite mirror?
Yes. However, as stated before I can control which mirror an object passes through.

- Is there some sort of interstitial space between the two connected mirrors? Is there travel time involved? Could an object be specifically held back before it exits on the other side?

Yeah in a sense (Didn't think about that either). I can control how long an object exists in the interstitial space and the moment when it resurfaces on the other side. Not sure about time travel, though.

I’m glad you asked these questions, though. Got my brain muscles flexing and realizing that I need to fine tune my ideas and apply more logic to them instead of just going for something cool that doesn’t make sense. This create your own zanpaktou thing has been fun exercise for me. Might post more gimmicks just for the fun of it.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2018, 11:15:29 PM »
Hm. Well then I guess the last question I have, is how do you currently someone with a sword that has a shield in the middle of it? This is why I ask about holding it by the shield. A medium sized shield would probably be most, if not the whole length of a katana blade (Even if it's slightly elongated). So it doesn't physically make sense as a traditional sword any more. I'm imagining the fighting style working like how combat with a historical greatsword might work (one hand on the hilt, the other gripping the blade itself.) If the shield is sized down to something more like a buckler, and it is gripped by one hand while the other has the hilt, then that becomes pretty interesting.

Unless of course, I'm completely misinterpreting your design. Perhaps a sketch would help?

(Sorry to get so deep into this, I know you weren't expecting it. But I can't write a fight scene with a weapon I don't understand fully)

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2018, 02:58:38 AM »
Wow This is a 10 years old thread. It seems getting active once in 4-6 years. lol I think I was not Bleach in 2008. I didn't like Bleach from images etc so the only reason I started watching coz our co Admin had decided to force  me to watch it.

Anyway this is an interesting topic. I have always fancied about Ryuujin Jakka type dual sword Zanpaktou. Should think little bit more about this. I think it's gonna be funn

Offline Fronomenal

• MR's Resident Drifter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2018, 10:51:34 PM »
Damn Coryn... gotta admit, you got me thinking kinda hard on this one. Took me awhile to figure out a reasonable response.

I think my best bet would be to redesign the shikai entirely and commit to the shield gimmick.

So instead of a sword with a shield attached it, let's say my sword morphs into a Japanese war fan, or "Gunbai." The gunbai would have a blue and black color scheme going for it with some fancy Japanese designs and symbols on the fan itself. Traditionally Gunbai are made out of wood and I want mine to be different sooooo.... (I'm freestyling this by the way) let's say that mine is made out of sharp metal and bamboo (actually I think most Gunbai use this same material, so maybe mine is not so different after all?).

Here's a reference you can go by. I pretty much want it to look like this with the blue and black, and all that.

Spoiler

Also, the Gunbai has a boomerang effect, so I'm able to use it as so. Adds to the mirror offense and whatnot. And as far as the mirrors are concerned and how they're activated, I pretty much will shot out "reflect" and the gunbai will glow white for a second, and in the next instant a mirror will appear.

Everything else pretty much remains the same I would think. If you need any further clarifications Coryn then let me know.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2018, 09:24:53 AM »
That works pretty well for me! It's cool too because that's not a weapon design that's cropped up before. (Unlike all of the zonpakutos that just end up being spears)

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2018, 10:35:30 PM »
Man, I'd really like to add to this too, but it's been ages since I've actually done anything with Bleach, and I've only watched the first like less than 90 episodes, so I don't know all their intricacies.

And dammit Lego, I'm the lightning witch. We all know this.

I am open to ideas and advice on how to approach this.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2018, 12:03:28 AM »
Well, in tried and true fandom style, the fan wiki entry cannot steer you wrong. Bleach's is actually pretty well out together.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2018, 10:16:57 AM »
Mwahahahaha you're a thousand years too young to challenge my thunder (which is science-based more than magic so you're actually good there)

And dammit, why am I the only one hounded for supremacy in abilities? Frono tryna croach in on my afro swag and now Mahlua-kun. I have half a mind to become a demon cyborg at this piont.

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2018, 11:22:11 AM »
Then you'd be encroaching on my territory  :sure:

Besides, aren't you like, a half alien fallen angel already? How's that halo metal treating you?

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2018, 11:49:19 AM »
Chikuso! Everybody's got a gimmick

Well I'm not happy at not having an afterlife. Somebody's gotta fix that for me some time before I go on too many adventures :(

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2018, 01:34:05 PM »
Well, you do have that power yourself.