March 29, 2024, 01:21:22 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Read THIS before Asking for an Artist !  (Read 73618 times)

Offline Cordielia_white

• View Profile
Re: Read THIS before Asking for an Artist !
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2013, 11:37:38 PM »
what if we only need them to draw a single picture of a character?

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 11:51:29 PM »
I think there is a topic where you can request character drawings.

It's fine to use This section for that but not new topic for each request.  Make sure to all details in the topic.

Also you will need to give credits for character designer it everything goes as you want.

Offline vampsbite1996

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 04:52:04 PM »
Senpai, how exactly can we ask an artists. I'm new at this whole posting thing and it's kind of frustrating 'cause I keep getting lost. Anyways, I have a few chapters and I need to look for an artist. But I not sure how to post these kind of things. Like do I say I need help from a artist then post a summary of my story or what?  :notunderstand:
vampsbite1996

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 04:55:03 PM »
Well you're already in the right section. You just need to make a topic in this section for the project. If you haven't already put up your story on the site you should do that and link the wanted topic there. After all, no artist is going to be willing to work with you on your word alone.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline vampsbite1996

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2013, 05:10:23 PM »
Well you're already in the right section. You just need to make a topic in this section for the project. If you haven't already put up your story on the site you should do that and link the wanted topic there. After all, no artist is going to be willing to work with you on your word alone.

Yeah, that's what I'm having trouble with. So I make a topic in this section, but how do i put my story on here and where?
vampsbite1996

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2013, 10:27:28 PM »
Well for the story you want to go to either the develop your story section or manga creations. Depending on where it is development wise. Just start a topic specifically for the story and just copy and paste it directly into the posts. (keep in mind it'll need some formatting cause the forum doesn't directly translate). So that way you can get feedback and stuff. But you should make a separate topic in this section about looking for an artist, with a link to the other topic so potentials can see the story.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2013, 02:57:32 AM »
This is for all the newbies who rush here looking for instant manga artist. Guys this not gonna happen. How can someone trust a stranger who comes here and demand an artist ? Before asking for an Artist earn trust.

1) Goto Welcome Center and Introduce your self.

2) Check Manga Art Gallery and comment and these gallery topics.

3) If you are an writer then post your stories here. Lets Artists to see if you have still they looking for

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2013, 04:02:11 AM »
Guys please listen to Hasith-sempai, artists aren't objects you can get just by asking, remember that it takes years of vigilant practice for an artist to hone their skills, please respect that. And now with the shonen jump contest starting, people are flooding in thinking they can win just by coming up with a story idea, but that's the easy part of it, the hard part is expressing scenes in the manga in a way that the readers see it how the writer saw it when making the story, it's not as easy as just having a good idea, you have to deliver it well, anyone can come up with ideas, but a writer has to be able to convey it adequately, if he cannot do that, he's as good as an artist who can only draw stick men and smiley suns. But my advice is to rather team up with a noob if you're one, cuz this way you won't be faced with an experience gap and you'll make a good friend in the process :thumbsup: Also, don't go thinking you can make it just cuz you do well in essays at school and people tell you that you have a good imagination. Writing manga is the same as writing movies, if you think you're the next Stephen Spielburg then go ahead, but always remember, never, ever, give up on your dreams :smile:

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2013, 10:39:41 PM »
Rules Updated >>  Link

Offline LittRL

• Crush the strong, crush the weak.
  • Nothing a little duct tape can't fix.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2013, 10:56:32 PM »
This update really clarifies the rules and sets some solid guidelines but there's goiing to be people who just join the forum without introducing themselves and making a topic here for an artist as their first action. That's inevitable because many are either too eager to get into a collaboration with little knowledge of the field's procedures or they feel they can't be bothered with things like introduction because it's too tedious.

I'm just saying it'd be nice if there was some place for outsiders of the forum to post professional commissions or contact you to inform us like the one for Joue le Jeu instead of making a topic that nobody is going to take seriously because of their lack of discipline in following rules they may or may not read.

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2013, 11:29:41 PM »
These rules are to both for those newbies who rush here to find an artist and other members who get offended by seen these new members asking for artist to work for free.

Usually these new members have no idea what they are asking for and most of them are not serious enough too unfortunately But we don't want to discourage them but everyone rallying against them either.

So when they put its paid or free in title experienced artist can stay out of it if it's a free commission which they don't want to participate. and a mod or other member can just nicely remind the newbie how it should work or ask them to read rules and change the topic.

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2014, 01:08:00 AM »
Okey this has become a real headache. People don't read rules and then ask why than happened why this happened.  From now on If I see any Artist request topics which're not comply with these rules Will either delete or lock the topic depending on situation.

Plz other older members  do not start dialogs in these incomplete or improper topics. Except for pointing out to this post so topic starters could read rules and change their threads.

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
  • Someone who will tell you what you need to hear
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2014, 01:33:52 AM »
i feel the artist request is a bit of a waste...it often comes down to one person coming in and requesting an artist for what probably will have nothing to do with MR.
Stop playing victim....you know what you did.

Offline MK

• I like to draw
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2015, 01:04:23 AM »
I had another thing you could add to the to the list.

-If for some reason you are too scared to post your story even with written proof then write up a quick story (because writers need to be able to make new ideas easily).  That way it shows off your writing skills and there wouldn't be any risk of losing the big story (again, we wouldn't even bother with trying to steal a story)

Offline Wolf

• daydreamer
  • woof
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2015, 12:18:04 PM »
i must be missing something obvious cince no-one else seems to have needed to ask this:

what's the differentce between
01) [ Free Commission ] Looking for an Artist
and
03) [ Collaboration ] Looking for an Artist

thanx in advance for dealing with n00b questions...
it was sposed to be 'wofl'...