November 23, 2017, 04:36:03 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Read THIS before Asking for an Artist !  (Read 9847 times)

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Read THIS before Asking for an Artist !
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2016, 12:15:50 AM »
Obviously posting in writers section will give you a better chance since some don't bother going another site to read or view art. Also this way you get reviews on your story and reviews will be seen by more members.

Just post few stories and review others stories. Also check Manga Art Gallery and review drawings you like. It doesn't has to be in that order or anything. You can make an artist request post and wait too but if you check other request posts you ll see when you are known around you get better response.

Offline guannihani

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2016, 09:52:58 AM »
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum, just introducing myself. I'm looking to start a manga and I thought this would be the perfect place to get support from. Any advice I'm happy to receive.

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2016, 12:36:24 PM »
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum, just introducing myself. I'm looking to start a manga and I thought this would be the perfect place to get support from. Any advice I'm happy to receive.

We do have a Welcome Center here >> http://forums.mangaraiders.com/index.php/board,4.0.html

Better post a topic there with an intro and thats the best place to start. :)

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2017, 02:10:10 AM »
Not many artists who are serious about their work like to participate projects with total strangers because usually they know by experience many just abandon their projects in middle wasting artist's time

Unless he is paying, then it doesn't matter if he is a complte stranger.

Which brings me to the point I want to make. Why does the "25 post and 2 weeks before making a request" rule applies to PAID offers? If someone is actually wiling to spend money here, you should not be placing extra hurdles for him to do it.

Someone who is serious about their project (and they are serious if they are willing to pay money for it) doesn't exclusively looks at this site. He wants to cast the widest net posible so he post his offer on Deviantart, here and in all the other sites he can find. During the 2 week you force him to wait he will probably find an artist somewhere else.

Now, I totally get why you need this rule for UNPAID work. You only want people who are really serious about it. But if someone is actually willing to pay an artist then he is already as serious as you can get. By making it harder for him to post his offer here you are also making it harder for the artists on this board to find paid work.

It's better if you look around join discussions on the forum and get to know members bit before you post

I don't think that would make a difference at all. Over 90% of users are writers who don't draw. Very few of them are actually artists able to take a big project. The chances that a new person will get to know a fitting artist by making 25 posts is close to zero. All this does is encourage spam since they will just try to get to the 25 post ASAP. Or they will just take their job offer to some other site.

Most likely you are just sending away people who would have otherwise spent their money on one of the artists here.

Just look at the Artist Wanted section. There are 18 threads in the first page and 12 of them are locked. Clearly something is not working as intended. This policy should be reconsidered.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 11:13:48 AM by Walter B »

Facebook       Patreon 

Offline BobbyJoeXForgotenSB

• More a Dreamer than an Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2017, 10:43:03 AM »
its a community site first, MR could care less if you are offering paid work or not, it doesnt want job offers, it wants active members

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2017, 11:28:19 AM »
And don't you think more artists would be motivated to be active members if this was a place where they could actually get comissions?

This section is here for a reason. To help writers find artist for their stories and visceversa. They way things are right now nearly every thread just gets locked (and the locked threads remain there cluttering the board), and almost nobody finds what they are looking for. This subforum is practically useless at the moment.

Facebook       Patreon 

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2017, 11:30:54 AM »
the admin can explain this since hes the one that sees what that did behind the scenes before the rule (pretty much the member gets what they want and the request an account deletion 70% of the time)

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Don't mind me, just being my friends' other mom.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2017, 01:32:45 AM »
I see where you're going Walter, but honestly, how many of those locked threads were offering up payment? For this entire subforum down to the last page, what's the proportion of how many threads in here offer pay versus the ones begging for a collaborator not giving a shred of anything that had to do with their work on the writing side? This subforum has been nothing but abused as long as I've been here, (and that's including my first account, hiatus, password loss, the creation of this account, another hiatus, a return, and another hiatus, and now my current activity,) and it's a hassle for me going through unread topics to see something new only to find a bunch of (pardon my frankness) useless half-baked pitches for unpaid work on a poorly written concept riddled with terrible explanations and typos. And don't get me started on the entitlement issues.

As BobbyJoe said, this is a community. I'd be more than happy to see members producing work and getting paid. However, before this rule was instilled, we were plagued by people who would drop in, make a request for free art, leave their email, and never come back. Ever. They wouldn't even bother looking at our available artists or browsing galleries. It was disheartening, and that's what lead to the censorship on email addresses in posts.

I figured this wasn't working, but we can't help that. Only the people who use this thread can help that. The problem is this subform attracts, well...

Useless half-baked pitches for unpaid work on a poorly written concept riddled with terrible explanations and typos.
"My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"--Marquis de Sade
"A loss of innocence / one hand to wash the other / be a perfectionist / you're nothing if you're just another"--TBM, "Goodnight"
Got Ecchi? Join us.

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2017, 03:35:27 AM »
Yeah I get it. My suggestion would be to split the forum in two subsections.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 02:55:26 AM by Walter B »

Facebook       Patreon 

Offline Melty

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2017, 03:45:55 PM »
I don't do anything other on this site than looking for requests for things to draw, it doesn't even have to be paid. That 25 posts thing is stupid. I'll just post things that don't make any sense to get over the 25 posts rule. And I just want to start as soon as possible since I have time now and I might not have that much time in the future. Do I really have to wait 2 weeks because I want to help people out?

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2017, 03:56:12 PM »
your pointless posts will be removed by the mods, the goal is not that hard to reach, just comment on people's stuff

Offline Carshald

• The Kuroshima Monster
  • Rocksmithing Practitioner
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2017, 04:04:23 PM »
your pointless posts will be removed by the mods, the goal is not that hard to reach, just comment on people's stuff
That and being an active forum member... lol I think i crossed my 25 post in less than week when I actually started being active XD
"In every story the Villains are the monsters, but in this story, I'm the true monster".
The Tales of Ouroboros: The Ember Child
“Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn."

Offline Walter B

• The Red Tie Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2017, 06:20:02 PM »

I don't do anything other on this site than looking for requests for things to draw, it doesn't even have to be paid

Could you draw my character please?:

Spoiler
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 02:03:01 AM by Walter B »

Facebook       Patreon