November 23, 2017, 04:36:19 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Read THIS before Asking for an Artist !  (Read 9848 times)

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Read THIS before Asking for an Artist !
« on: August 26, 2008, 07:35:20 AM »
You must fall within this criteria to be allowed to post in this board

01. Have at least 25 posts and 2 weeks time in forum before posting in the request boards.

02. Writers must have a story thread posted in writers section if they looking for an artist.

03. Request topics need to be approved by a mod before it's published. This is force everyone to read and comply with rules and guidelines before have their thread open for public.

04. If you requesting an artist or writer then you can't ask them to bare any or all  costs. Well If it's an collaboration then you can say team mates can share any costs.

05. No more outside links in request threads.  like read my story here in this site or check by art here in DA. This just makes their loyalty other sites and we are just an advertising board.

------------------------

If your topic is locked then you haven't read this page. Fix whatever the problems are in your topic and ask a mod to unlock it.

Update :

Do Not post any kind of Links in Opening Post.

Do Not post Topics in ALL Capital Letters

Keep your thread title short and easy to read.

If you are looking for an Artist for a free or paid commission then make sure to post that in title like this:

01) [ Free Commission ] Looking for an Artist

02) [ Paid Commission ] Looking for an Artist

03) [ Collaboration ] Looking for an Artist

If you are looking for a Free Commission then better read This too >> Link

And Everyone else if you are not interested in whatever OP requesting then ignore the persons topic and Don't post anything at all.

-----------------------

If you are looking for a Manga Artist or someone who draw comics to work together or get done a paid work, post your request here.

Read below before you make your thread.

01. Please write a informative title. Describe the person/s you want (Artist or writer).

02. Mention at the start whether is this is a paid work or a free collaboration request.

03. Make a good description about the project.

04. Post info about your previous projects if you have any also about your experience.

05. DON'T post Links or Email addresses.

06. Do Not post Any kind of links here.

It's better if you look around join discussions on the forum and get to know members bit before you post. You will get a better response for your request that way since members will know you better.

Not many artists who are serious about their work like to participate projects with total strangers because usually they know by experience many just abandon their projects in middle wasting artist's time. So it's good make your self known on forum beforehand.

Also if this is your first project before start the project and look for artist you can open a discussion about it and take other members ideas and opinions to improve it. Everyone would happy to share their opinions and help. This way you will able to avoid many nasty newbie encounters.

For NEW MEMBERS who looking for artist who can work for FREE

If you can't hire a paid Artist we understand. BUT if you are looking an Artist who will work for free then think again before posting your request. Lets point out couple of things:

• Lets face the truth NOT a single professional level artist will do free commissions. They simply don't have time for these. IF they have time they would do another paid commission.
  • Don't make demands like asking for sample work and about the interviews you do to pick the artist. You won't get anywhere by this. It will only piss off even those who would have interest to read your request.
  • If you are a new member then I suggest you to be around for a bit. Get to know the people around and also post your stories and work.
  • No artist want to waste their time for something which might not worth or work. You don't know them yes But also they don't know you as well. Remember you are the one who want an artist not other way. So be smart and nice.
  • You can't make an good impression unless you show your skills. If you are looking for pro level artist for free then first post your story in writers section and let them to see how good writer you are.
  • Before post a request for an artist always post your story in writers section first. It won't work other way sorry thats how it works.
  • Nobody going to steal your story just before you post it. Also when you post it you will have a written proof with date where you can prove it's your own story.

Be honest, tell if you are new to this or if you have never done this before. You might not get an artist right away (nobody does) but our members will help you to get there.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 10:01:25 AM by legomaestro »

Offline Flying Kite

• Lolicon Supreme Commander General-chan-sama
    • View Profile
Re: Read Before Post
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 08:15:15 AM »
Its better if you look around join discussions and get to know members bit before you post. You would get a better response for your request that way since members would know you better. Not many artists who serious about work like to participate projects with total strangers because usually they know by experience many just abandon their projects in middle wasting artists  time. So its good make your self known on forum before.
Yep, that's right  :secret:
Work in progress: The Chaotic Year.
Alternative title: I'm going back to school

Offline ChiefSosa300

• Catch me Chillin wid my 300 Spartans *Cool shades*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 04:47:17 PM »
Could you give a example for the 5 points plz
Our motto on our hard days of training “To be stronger than yesterday” If i have to I’ll be stronger than a half day ago, even a minute ago.
 - Rock Lee

Offline varshinirox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 10:39:36 PM »
Hi ! ummm I 'm a newbie but I thin I'm honest enough to accept senpai's concerns. just one thing....is it possible for newbies like me to get projects to draw ?

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 01:21:01 PM »
most writers will jump on any artist they can find for sure. so you might not end up with dealing anything amazing. but you should be able to get someone to work with you. and they'll keep working with you as long as you continue to be part of the working artist/writer relationship

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline varshinirox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 03:33:22 PM »
Arigato senpai ! One more thing. How do I upload my sketches in order for writers to look at them ?

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 03:49:28 PM »
use a photo site like photobucket. from there you can use the image code and just embed them here on the forum. speaking of which. you should make yourself a topic in the art gallery as well to show off your work

Offline varshinirox

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 03:51:07 PM »
 You have my gratitude senpai.

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Read THIS before Asking for an Artist !
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 05:58:52 AM »
Why people don't read sticky posts before post ...

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 12:01:31 PM »
Because people tend to be impatient on the whole.

Offline Crescent_Locus

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 09:52:08 PM »
Hello, my name is Alex. I'm looking for an artist who has a drawing style of Avatar:the last airbender/Dawn of the arcana. I have already written a story that has to do with elemental wielding, aura projecting, and other unique things. I'm working for Bluemoon Media, at the moment this isnt a paid position, but I promise once we get a manga out into the public you will you your %. My job will be to coordinate as I am the writer. I'm not sure how to add artwork on here, can someone help me? Thanks a bunch!

Offline Crescent_Locus

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 09:59:16 PM »
Nvm, got it!

^.^ The samples are on my Photobucket.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 10:47:00 PM by Coryn Sken »

Offline Coryn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 10:47:47 PM »
No links until you have 25 productive posts.

And this is not the topic for asking help. This is the rules and guidelines. Create your own.

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2013, 01:50:13 AM »
Why people post requests in the sticky rules topic ? ...  :notunderstand:

Offline Zealapeal

• Zealous Artist
  • Anti-Despotist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2013, 04:27:33 AM »
Why people post requests in the sticky rules topic ? ...  :notunderstand:

They didn't read the sticky before they posted, of course.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?