March 29, 2024, 04:57:42 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Shingeki no Kyoujin  (Read 48104 times)

Offline GingerStark

• Social & Political Scientist
  • There is no single truth, only contingent theories
    • View Profile
Re: Shingeki no Kyoujin
« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2015, 06:38:29 PM »
I think it's getting to the phase outside of the "original planning". The Walking Dead for example when first written was already drafted up to issue 48, and those issues were amazing! Afterwards though, it started to drop in quality, seeing as the writer had less time to think things through and ect.
I think that's what is happening to AOT right now.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2015, 06:42:23 PM »
Oh? It was going to be shorter than intended?

Yeah and originally in SnK  everyone was supposed to die. He really did change things according to fan response.

I've learnt to see how that's a bad idea for anything. When a show gets milked it tends to go bad.

Offline GingerStark

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 15, 2015, 06:45:17 PM »
Attack on Titan is bound to get milked; you have a show with millions of fans, then an extra few chapters of fillers will make you lots more money rather than getting straight to the plot. An effective business tactic, but shouldn't be used too much...

Offline MK

• I like to draw
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 15, 2015, 07:01:42 PM »
Well the author said he planned the ending but you are right, he lost focus...  The thing people liked is that the titans ate humans (just goes to show how brutal we humans are), I get the author wanted to overthrow the government but he needed to mix in some titan ambushes (maybe lose a couple walls to scare more people)

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
  • Will eat your cookies
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 15, 2015, 07:07:47 PM »
It's just that it's suffering from a bit of disjointedness from the original story... You'd expect all this to be happening while still under siege from Titans, giving a sense of urgency and moral dilemma because characters would be deciding then and there who they need to fight. At the moment all we hear is that "it's not the humans we should be fighting" but it doesn't feel like there is anything else to fight at the moment that lends levity to those words...

Offline MK

• I like to draw
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 15, 2015, 07:15:36 PM »
*After getting past around chapter 50*  Titans???  What were those things again???  EREN CAN TURN INTO ONE WHEN HE GETS HURT??? *Eren gets hurt..."  I must have been thinking of another story that involved giants roaming around and eating people...

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2015, 08:05:12 AM »
You know it's real when Sasha is not hungry...

Offline Aozora

• MangaRaiders Long-time Member (10-Year Anniversary)
  • Author of Hikaru Rising
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 07, 2015, 12:07:39 AM »
Gosh, I have nothing against AoT but I gotta say it's doing something that One Piece is infamous for - dragging out the climax. There have been already three or four instances where I expected Eren to turn into a titan and engage in a major battle with the enemy titan, but each time the possibility of that happening was thwarted by some other event, Historia refusing the injection, the wall caving in, and whatnot. Now we have the whole Survey Corps and Central Police mobilized ready to fight so another two chapters will be on how they are totally powerless against the Rod Reiss's titan to show his power and then finally Eren will go titan mode and fight him. But until then  :sleep:

Offline Sukebe

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 07, 2015, 04:45:45 AM »
Gosh, I have nothing against AoT but I gotta say it's doing something that One Piece is infamous for - dragging out the climax.

Actually, all mangas in general. That's one of the many methods used how you want your readers tuned in.

That applies with writing and in webcomics - end a chapter with a cliffhanger. Just don't overdo it.

Offline NO1SY

• Resident Slacker
  • Will eat your cookies
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 07, 2015, 06:30:37 AM »
They are finally back! Sort of...

Offline TomBombadil

• Manga Writer Extraordinaire
  • Writer, producer, and graphic artist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 19, 2015, 08:14:14 AM »

I think it got derailed and then put back on track a bit. I think it has slowed down though do to the tempo it was going after the big reveal of what is inside the walls. My major qualm at this point is the mystery of the ape titan, I fear that this might not be something that gains relevancy for another ten issues or so and might be slapped on somewhat haphazardly (maybe after they go to the basement it is revealed he is some sort of God, or connected to the King family etc).

Offline GingerStark

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 19, 2015, 01:09:06 PM »
I couldn't even understand the whole King family and what not. I have to say, I got really confused after the Ape Titan because I felt really jarred when it got sidelined. At least the latest chapter has picked things up again, though after what Sasha said... I fear she'll be offed  :(

Offline GingerStark

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2015, 03:15:45 PM »
Now here is a theory that may get your head cogs turning  :ohmy:

Eren accidentally brainwashed Mikasa into being the perfect fighter with the Coordinate.
 A supposition (by Commander Erwin to Dot Pixis):
• Eren can (as Coordinate) control Titans.
• Humans can become Titans (evidence: Connie's mom)

Therefore: Eren (as Coordinate) may be able to control Humans.
• Evidence: in two seperate cases, we have seen Mikasa act to protect her life when she was but a moment earlier unable to:
 ? At age eight, Mikasa is ordered by Eren to fight to save him from being strangled by her kidnapper. This scene is accompanied by a flash of green lightning around Mikasa's body and a shot of what appears to be Mikasa's brain. Then, Mikasa engages the kidnapper with such ferocity that she, an eight year old, crushs the handle of her knife.

? Mikasa, in the battle of Trost, has just run out of gas for her 3DMG and has given up hope, declaring she has lived a good life and seems ready to die to the hands of a nearby Titan. Then, we get another shot of her brain, and suddenly she dodges the Titan's swipes, all the while monologuing mentally at how she is shocked that she isn't letting herself be killed.

• Events explained by conclusion:
? The presence of lightning: almost regularly, whenever we see a Titan-Shifter transform, we see a flash of orange lightning. We've seen it with Bertolt at the gates, Eren when he emerged from the Titan for the first time, and when Annie transformed. However, we have also seen colored lightning before: Mikasa was surrounded by green-lightning when Eren ordered her to fight her kidnapper.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 08, 2015, 04:42:55 PM »
Shingeki no Kyoujin... Where the titans are killed off camera and we have more flashbacks to fill the chapter.

The titans sure are patient to allow this entire political art unfurl aren't they? But was still interesting to see Levi smile I guess

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 07, 2016, 07:38:02 AM »
Wow, it has been a while, but that was finally a tough chapter that reminded me of the start of SnK. I still think Armin is being paraded as a genius when he hasn't done that much, but that whole face off between choosing between the two sure was tough as heck. I liked the chapter.

Spoiler
I had a distinct feeling of evil joy at Berthold becoming breakfast. So deserved.