March 29, 2024, 12:59:45 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Shingeki no Kyoujin  (Read 48103 times)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Shingeki no Kyoujin
« on: October 12, 2013, 01:18:21 PM »
Oh man that latest chapter... Sometimes it's easy to forget that this isn't a shounen manga in many aspects. Ugh. It somehow managed to be tragic and amazing at the same time.

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
Re: Shingeki no Kyoujin
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 02:25:35 PM »
Man, I gotta begin reading this again. Once I started watching the anime I kinda dropped it, but now I've even started falling behind on that :/

Offline DBNext

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 02:44:39 PM »
I only read the first few chapters, then the anime was made, so i switched, got super busy and stopped at episode 14.
I'm just in love with his art style. The sketchy and messy lines work so well. This and One Piece proves that you don't need to be the best artist out there to succeed, you just need a personal style that's unique enough.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 03:24:55 PM »
Haha! Someone else thought the same thing huh? Yeah i really love his sketchy style. It's amazing that he got such a great adaptation. Story really takes a large part in making a great story. I even noticed some mistakes in human proportions. I know it's not safe to be inspired because of this, but I can't help but feel a little relieved.

Offline DBNext

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 03:39:00 PM »
Yes and i've noticed he's really bad at drawing eyes too lol
But i don't know, his style is appealing to me
Yeah seeing his art kinda takes away the pressure of trying to be perfect

Offline CyberGuy

• Kankuro of Sand
  • Maybe One Day, I'll Make Pancakes...One Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 09:11:55 PM »
Sorry in advance for digging up this topic, but I have something to say about this manga and I think it would be necessary to just merge it with this topic. Well here goes; this manga hit me in my heart bad. It made feel all different kinds of emotions, I hated the writer for some time because he killed off characters quicker than any other manga I ever read! I lost my favorite character Franz so quickly! :sadbye: I just started reading it this morning and it already has me in a state of hard thinking. Its hard for me to even smile right now. And call me a wuss if you like, but I cried on the chapter when Eren's entire squad was devoured by the titans. I also think this manga has the most gory deaths of all. The reality of this manga is 7/10 seeing how titans could most likely easily be killed by the world armies and such in real life. But I will continue to read this manga to the very end because as of now it may take over FMA's spot as my favorite.  :biggrin:

The Sand Siblings look way better chibi. ^.^

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
  • Someone who will tell you what you need to hear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 01:05:12 AM »
If you ever read Gantz, you get used to it. 

there are other seinen manga out there that just make characters that expendable. but the difference between Gantz and Attack on Titan is simply that the main characters manage to stay alive but important significant characters manage to die.

Attck on titan they at least make every death really important.
Stop playing victim....you know what you did.

Offline CyberGuy

• Kankuro of Sand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 02:07:02 AM »
Gantz, I never heard of it but if its anything like AOT, I might want to read it. As for the AOT deaths being important, some of them are more important than others of course. I think *SPOILER ALERT*,
Spoiler
that Hannes death was really important but that might just be as it saddened me.
One thing I will say about Hajime Isayama is that he has great character development and he might have created one of the bravest characters manga have ever seen, Eren Jaeger. His determination to wipe out the titans is second to none, but I do have a prediction for the ending of the story.

Prediction: Eren Jaeger, now surrounded by titans attempting to protect the now breached Wall Sina alongside The Military Police Brigade and the remaining forces of The Survey Corps, fights in an advanced state of Rage Mode that allows more strength than before also increasing his speed. Fighting alongside Mikasa, Levi, Armin, and Grisha Jaeger also a Titan Shifter with a 25m class. After a futile attempt at saving mankind, Eren becomes a titan once more but has achieved the height of 70m! Once receiving such an height, he then uses his titan in order to create a wall, along with a controlled army of his titans creating a new wall surrounding Wall Sina.

After the creation of the 70m wall, the humans could live in peace once again, but they will ready themselves for the next breach and this time reclaim humanity. Following the sacrifice of Eren, the new wall was named Wall Kalura after Eren and Mikasa's mother. Mikasa saddened at the loss of her brother, becomes the new Trainer of a Scouting Legion Trainees Squad. Armin becomes a Scientist in hopes of discovering all of the titans information in order to get an upper hand the next time they encounter one. After years of preparation, Mikasa and her trainees numbering in around 500, set out to reclaim the world lost with Mikasa wearing the "Wings of Freedom" on a cape.[/b][/font]

Other Prediction: Nearly everyone important dies and the titans succeed at wiping out the human race.  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 12:42:07 PM by CyberGuy »

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2014, 07:36:16 AM »
Use spoiler tags please, but yeah the grimness of the manga is what attracted me as well. He's pretty merciless with the characters against the titans.

To be honest with their sort of technology they shouldn't have even that much of a fighting chance. 3D Maneuver gear is something that he allowed for regular foot soldiers to at least have hope of a battle.

Right now the manga seems to be entering more thriller than a horror, but it seems related to the main plot as a whole I guess. I'll definately need to reread it at parts to understand fully

Offline CyberGuy

• Kankuro of Sand
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2014, 12:42:50 PM »
Oh sorry about that lego, I fixed it.  :biggrin:

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 06:34:21 PM »
i'm not so far in, but i'm already getting the idea that Eren is secretly a woman.

Offline Nabe Man

• more daydreaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2014, 06:41:51 PM »
While we are talking about attack on titan i was browsing through interesting mythologies for my manga today and i cam up to an african myth depicting the look of the titans( similar). And its ability to vomit undigested corpses. They say the corpses transform  the a creature   

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2014, 10:00:45 AM »
Which myth is that? That'd be interesting

Guess the political thriller thing was building up to something. Glad to see that the collosal titan hasn't shown up in a while. The author's art has significantly improved as well...

i'm not so far in, but i'm already getting the idea that Eren is secretly a woman.

Eh? How?

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2014, 12:40:48 PM »
WHen Historia is introduced or rather revealed, we get to see some memories of her with a woman and she leaves. the weird thing is that she looks exactly like eren but with longer hair.

Offline legomaestro

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2014, 01:32:00 PM »
I would quit on so many levels if that really happened. Yeah I remember that scene. I don't remember what the mother looked like it couldn't be her?