May 20, 2019, 06:32:03 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Redeem Fanart/newbie  (Read 1091 times)

Offline redeem245

• View Profile
Redeem Fanart/newbie
« on: September 26, 2013, 03:06:04 AM »
still trying to improve my art. here a couple of practices from shows. ^_^

HunterxHunter/gon

Soul eater/Black Star

try my best rofl

Offline Lovus Eternius

• Firstborne INC. Grandmaster Chief Chief Executive Officer
  • Firstborne INC. Making life great again.
    • View Profile
Re: Redeem Fanart/newbie
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 07:03:06 PM »
[looks at pictures]

[...30 minutes pass...]

[grunts]

Hmm... software looks like it's limiting your potential - starting with digital art instead of pencil then penning or inking. Which would end with erasing the pencil lines WHEN THE INK IS DRY.

Gon lacks what defines him as a character. Gon's skin is a little too bright and lacks that Tan. He has Killua skin with a little more yellow - Black star lacks depth and shading... look at Black Star's left arm (our right) - it does not look normal.

As for the aesthetics on his shirt... they look like designs on his shirt rather than independent solid metal objects.

And then there's the proportions... I don't want to say anything because it'd be considered rude, demoralizing, mean, and absolutely unacceptable feedback.

(Nothing at all is proportionally correct.)
-------------

Moving on...

Shading isn't smooth - it's jagged and unattractive.

Gon's hair is a little too low and the 'spike-indications' of his hairline go 'too deep' - it also lacks that consistent height.

Gon's face is too round on the right side (our left) and it's too long. One eye is larger than the other.

I can tell you rushed and didn't take your time when working on this - take your time next time... no matter how long it takes I don't want you to stop until it looks almost as good if not just as good or even better than the original reference pictures used.

One piece of advice: Use guidelines - no matter how annoying or time consuming it may be.

Closing note:
I know you may think that these are just practices but what good is practice if you don't learn anything from it.

Heed what I said.

"Consume. Adapt. Utilize." - Gelmra

Offline redeem245

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 04:08:27 AM »
Thanks for the advice and i will heed your word. I also do pencil but only post couple on manga art and for guide lines im never to sure on how to make them. i know how to do the head little but body not to sure and for software stuff still little new at.  ;)

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 07:26:49 PM »
Well it's definately better off than when I started drawing. You'll get better as you go along. Keep on trying. Next time i suggest you use an actual screenshot for your drawing. Remember: reference! reference! reference! Your art can only improve this way. You can't visualize everything you'll have to learn things by referring to drawings.

Offline redeem245

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 09:20:19 PM »
Well it's definately better off than when I started drawing. You'll get better as you go along. Keep on trying. Next time i suggest you use an actual screenshot for your drawing. Remember: reference! reference! reference! Your art can only improve this way. You can't visualize everything you'll have to learn things by referring to drawings.

ty legomaestro ill start doing more referring :D