March 29, 2024, 01:12:26 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: I don't know what to do~ ;_;  (Read 1520 times)

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
I don't know what to do~ ;_;
« on: September 25, 2013, 10:45:17 AM »
Ok, here's my situation:

I'm very behind on the oneshot I'm drawing for the SJC(me and wolfsama did the story).
I rewrote the storyboard twice already because it didn't cut the page limit and was at both times too high.
I also had lots of issues obtaining drawing supplies and only received the bare minimun of what I needed on the 6th of this month.
But back to the main situation, I have 28 pages to do by the end of the month and I haven't even cleaned or toned what I have so far, not to mention that I'm using massive A3 paper for the manuscript(which is also really crappy and grainy), drawing on this paper takes me a minimum of 4-5 hours to finish @_@ I'M SO SCREWED!!! I haven't even finished the current storyboard -_- It's probably my own fault for not keeping up with my daily schedule and for being an idiot and drawing FRIGGIN A3 ;_; I've been trying for two weeks to push myself and catch up on pages but I just can't motivate myself, I think through the process of rewriting it so much I've just lost sight of the initial idea, and therefore, lost interest. But I've worked hard on this project and I don't want my efforts to go to waste.

I have an idea for how I can still beat the deadline +_+!
There's a scene half way through the storyboard where I think I can split the story. The only problem is that it's page 26 and SJ only accepts 15, 19, 31 and 45 pages. The original was going to be 45 but I won't make it in time, so I'm going to split it and finish it some other time depending on feedback. Should I fill the gap between 26 and 31 pages with charactes designs and stuff in order to meet the limit? It's a stupid question but I'd like to hear opinions :/

Thank you for you consideration! When the project is done I'll post it here on MR along with the old storyboards :smile:

Offline Nairbons

• A Rootin' Tootin' Cowpoke
    • View Profile
Re: I don't know what to do~ ;_;
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 11:42:53 AM »
I would advocate splitting it up into smaller parts and just expanding on your current plot with the remaining 5 pages. Character design stuff filling in 5 whole pages of a 31 page manga isn't going to reflect on you and Wolf too well, and it's far easier to expand a story than it is to kill your darlings in the editing process.

If you wanted to post some of your storyboards and give a plot summary, I'm sure the raiders would be happy to offer suggestions and advice without any negative effect on you.

Offline KagePen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 12:04:48 PM »
Hmmm, there is a flashback scene after that which would be around 5 pages :hmm: Only thing is that it just doesn't end it off as well as page 26 '~' But I think what I'll do is I'll put the 5 pages flashback scene before the scene on page 25 and 26. It mends well too ^^

I think I'll post up my ideas for part two when I'm done with part one, then after that I'll do the storyboard :smile: Thanks for the help! ^^

Offline codenametukaioo7

• Manga and Anime freak
  • Do what ever, but don't lose your cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 01:21:49 AM »
Well, as nairbons said " Character design stuff filling in 5 whole pages of a 31 page manga isn't going to reflect on you and Wolf too well".

I will suggest you to fill the 5 page with comedy in the middle of 26 page.