August 11, 2022, 07:42:47 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Whats your favorite anime/manga?  (Read 2278 times)

Offline Crazycone

• View Profile
Whats your favorite anime/manga?
« on: September 12, 2013, 09:34:49 PM »
As the title states:
What is your favorite anime/manga, and why?

Personally, I LOVE Shinsekai Yori!
I love how the plot starts one way, and slowly merges into something completely different. I love the mystery in each of the story arcs, and how each episode leaves you with a doubt and the desire to unreveal the truth. I love the melancholic taste of the setting, and theme. And of course, I LOVE THE PLOT TWIST!.

Spoiler
There is nothing like it! How at the end of the serie, they find out that Quee-rats were actually normal humans that were mutated with blind-rat DNA.

Spoiler
Code Geass is also a good example of a plot-twist.

Other than that, I love a mix between action and romance... like Sword Art Online.
It has good action, a powerful and cool-looking MC, a cute girl, and the perfect mix between action and romance!
THE Crazycone... JC

Offline Psykofreac

• View Profile
Re: Whats your favorite anime/manga?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 12:25:08 AM »
I'm an adventure lover. So mine are Yu Yu Hakusho, Naruto and Hunter X Hunter. The dramatic themes, frequent quirky humor and the clever ways they overcome obstacles does it for me.

Offline MiaToSweet

• LOVE ANIME MANGA AND UUU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 12:33:11 AM »
MINE IS AMNESIA I LOVE THAT ANIME  :clapping: OHH AND ANGLE BEATS  :dance: AND BROTHER CONFLICT  :heart: AND DANGANRONPA that show is surprising frfr :ohmy:

Offline FawkUrCouch

• Oulala!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 10:14:51 PM »
I'm not into manga like I used to be ( I prefer comics ), but I'm a sucker for seinen and sports mangas. My fav seinen manga is Akumetsu and fav sports mangas are Eyeshield 21, Slam dunk, Baby steps, Kuroko no basket and Haikyuu!!
“I don't do drugs. I am drugs.”

- Salvador Dali

Offline Manimal

• God Of Thunder & Rock 'n Roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 04:40:37 PM »
My favorite anime is Gurren Lagann. I am very certain I will never see something better. It's just the most manliest, goose bump raising thing I've ever seen. As for manga...maybe Bakuman. It had really good art and suspenseful page turns.

Offline nosunshine

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 07:51:26 AM »
My two favorite animes are Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood  and   Clannad: After Story .

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
  • Someone who will tell you what you need to hear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 08:09:50 AM »
i recently put Attack on Titan as one of my top 5.
Stop playing victim....you know what you did.

Offline hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 08:39:19 AM »
Top 3 anime: Bakuman, Btooom, Magi
Top 3 Manga: Wagatsuma san wa ore no yome, Watashi Ni xx Shinasai, Kuroko no Basuke

Offline FeedUrBrain.

• Brainsick
  • I'm still in the air
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 12:35:00 PM »
Top 5 manga: Akumetsu, Liar game, Eyeshield 21, Space Brothers and Dorohedoro.

I don't watch anime.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 12:36:50 PM by FeedUrBrain. »

Offline Vacant

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 07:34:32 PM »
Mine changes based on what I've watched/read recently. But If I had to think about which made the biggest impact on me, or which one's I recommend to others it would go a little something like this.

Top 3 Manga (Not series which have spawned Anime):

3: GE-Good Ending: Again, Never thought I would like this one, as I'm not a real fan of romance stories, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The characters are likeable and more importantly relatable, the artwork is good and it was strangely addictive. Just goes to show, It might not be your favourite genre, but it could still find the manga very enjoyable.

2: Gantz: Would of preferred it without so much ecchi material as I always feel this cheapens a story and the characters. But plot wise I loved the concept and you never know quite who would survive. Also the action sequences, particularly the Nurarihyon alien battle, they were the highlights. I remember feeling exhausted from reading that fight! Also I know that Gantz has an Anime series as well as two films, but the Manga far outshines both in my opinion.

1: Cage of Eden: Excluding the Ending, I loved this Manga and the story. I can't quite place my finger on what it was that I found so appealing about this one, it just really grabbed me. I had so many favourite characters and there was always a real sense of tension and danger  to the group throughout the story. Again, the only thing I would say is I would of preferred the ecchi stuff to be toned down. After all, its hard to really feel that a girl's life is in danger when the image provided is pretty much an excuse for a panty shot.

Top 5 Anime (This one's sooooo hard!!!!)
5: Sword Art Online: I enjoyed this one and really cared about the fates of the main characters.

4: Mirai Nikki: Suprised at how good this was. I wasn't initially keen after the first episode, but It pulled me in and I was really glad I stuck around.

3: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: Just great, awesome to throw on after a long day at work and chill out too.

2: Code Geass: So smartly written, Lelouch is definitely my favourite protagonist (albeit a Byronic hero at that!) of any series. Just really grabbed me from start to finish and It has so many twists and turns that
I pretty much go back and rewatch it every 6 months or so. If you haven't seen it, then I highly recommend it

1: Bleach: Just because it was my first true steps into the world of Anime and it had an actual effect on my life and my hobbies. It will always have a special place in my anime lists

Offline Adam Masterman

• I comic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 09:36:00 PM »
Favorite manga: The Phoenix.  Can't count how many times I've read it; its just so amazingly brilliant and epic.  For more contemporary stuff, I really dig Basilisk and Vagabond for good ol' fashioned sword slinging (love the weird ninja powers in Basilisk), and Tsubasa for straight up shonen fun.  Also dig Adam Warren's ameri-manga Empowered, and every comic that Endling has ever made.

Don't watch a ton of anime, but I love SAO, and the Akira movie melted my brain when it first came over the ocean (I was 12-13 when I first saw it).  I *adore* Miyazaki, esp. Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke; he's a big reason why I write all-ages stuff.