March 28, 2024, 05:11:17 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: I feel so stalkerish...  (Read 3496 times)

Offline TiNoSa

• FanArtist
    • View Profile
I feel so stalkerish...
« on: August 23, 2013, 08:40:17 AM »
Hi there!
After stalking the forum for the past few days, I've finally decided to register! I haven't before because I didn't have the time to introduce myself properly, but now I managed to spare some time and here I am! ^^ I don't usually register in many forums, but after analyzing this one, I thought I should give it a try! =)
I Iike drawing in manga style, but I still have to improve in many aspects. I'm usually busy with the university and can't draw as much as I'd like, but I'm always trying to draw, even when I'm not supposed to (when I need to study, prepare for my exams or write essays, for example), so I'm always a bit worried when I'm drawing because of this lack of responsibility of mine, that's why I decided to draw this profile picture I'm using, because I'm often "tense" like this, haha!

Well, let me introduce myself ^^
Name: Karina (TiNoSa is a nickname).
How did I find the forum: I was looking for something related to drawing (now I don't remember exactly what) and came across one of the topics here. I didn't know this forum existed and, after taking a look, I became interested =)
What I am: I'm a (fan)artist, I've been drawings fanarts, mainly. I do draw OCs, I also have stories for them, but I think I'm not so good when it comes to creating my own characters. On the other hand, I fall in love easily with good character designs from anime/manga characters, and when I like the character's story or personality, I just have to draw them! xD The interesting thing is that, at first, I didn't like to draw fanarts, but nowadays 90% of my drawings are fanarts from characters I like, hehe. Most of the times I try to be faithful to the original character design, but sometimes I do some crazy things with the characters, hahah.
As for my drawing style, I draw digitally. I enjoy different drawing and coloring styles and have experimented with some of them, but what I like most are clean linearts and cel shading (I draw messy sketches too). You'll see =)
Country: I noticed that there are people from other countries besides the US here, and now I'm one of them! ^^ I'm from Brazil. Yup, I speak Portuguese, so feel free to speak to me in English, Portuguese or even Spanish, cause I can understand it well, although I prefer to answer in English cause I'm not so good at writing when it comes to Spanish. I believe you guys already noticed that I'm not very good at writing in English too, haha. Sorry for any mistakes D:
Favorite Mangas: Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, Tokyo Babylon, Wild Adapter, Shiikugakari Rika, Tetsu x Rika, Tantei Aoneko, Sakura-Gari, xxxHolic, Eyeshield 21, MPD-Pscyho, etc, etc. Well, there are many, specially mangas by CLAMP, Motoni Modoru, Kazuya Minekura, Katou Setsuko, Haruka Minami, Yamagata Satomi, Yamato Nase, Mizukami Shin, Suzuki Tsuta, etc. Yeah, lots of yaoi authors here ^^
Favorite Animes: Fate/Zero, Sengoku Basara, Tekkonkinkreet, Aoi Bungaku Series, Chobits, Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi, Death Note, Ixion Saga DT, Magi, etc.
Other interests/hobbies: My favorite hobby is reading manga. After that is drawing, then watching animes, and finally sleeping! Yeah, I like to sleep a lot when I can, it's almost a hobby to me xD
What I'd like to do here: I was looking for a place where I could talk to other artists and receive critique, because I think critiques are very useful and would help me to improve. I'm not an expert at drawing, but I'll try my best to give feedback to people here, too. It's very nice when it's reciprocal =) By the way, I believe I'm very optimistic when it comes to drawing, because for me is very easy to see what's good in other artists works, so I like to look at people's strong points, but although I'm years far from being a pro, I'll try to give advice when necessary, too ^^

I'm very sorry for the lenght of this text, but that's it! Please check out my drawings, tell me what you like about them, what you dislike as well, feel free to give critiques (you can correct my English mistakes too, I'd be thankful) ^^

@Edit:
My Fanarts

I'll post the OC's later ^^
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 06:44:15 PM by TiNoSa »

Offline Hasith

• xYx
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: I feel so stalker...
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 09:06:37 AM »
Welcome to MangaRaiders ! Looking forward to see your drawings.

Hmm I wonder if you are the first Brazilian here. :)

Offline midsummer_feast

• Let's drink and enjoy our lifes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 09:28:20 AM »
welcome to MangaRaiders, sister =^,^=

ohh, not so often i hear about that peoples likes xxxholic...
loves that manga  :tongue:

:ohmy:
I am a somebody, that ainĀ“t nobody. In different from everybody... anybody?..
my work:
https://midsummerfeastnovel.rocks/
It might be bad, but it's MY BAD... =^,^=

Offline Takeo

• That One Asian DJ
  • Yo! What's Happenin'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 09:33:26 AM »
Don't be sorry about the length of your topic. I'm pretty sure my intro topic was much longer, although I'm not entirely sure as I don't really remember it all that well. Anyways, welcome to MR!

I've only ever heard of XxxHolic, I haven't read it...yet. But, alas, you seem to be an interesting individual. I can't wait to see what you have in store for us here at MR. So be cool, and I hope to see you around the boards!

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 10:30:59 AM »
Welcome to Mangaraiders!

Offline TiNoSa

• FanArtist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 10:33:13 AM »
Welcome to MangaRaiders ! Looking forward to see your drawings.

Hmm I wonder if you are the first Brazilian here. :)
Thank you!
I've just created a topic for my fanarts  :thumbsup:

Really? That's a honor being the first Brazilian here, then xD

welcome to MangaRaiders, sister =^,^=

ohh, not so often i hear about that peoples likes xxxholic...
loves that manga  :tongue:

:ohmy:
Thanks! o/

Nice to know that you like xxxHolic too! Another CLAMP fan ^^

Don't be sorry about the length of your topic. I'm pretty sure my intro topic was much longer, although I'm not entirely sure as I don't really remember it all that well. Anyways, welcome to MR!

I've only ever heard of XxxHolic, I haven't read it...yet. But, alas, you seem to be an interesting individual. I can't wait to see what you have in store for us here at MR. So be cool, and I hope to see you around the boards!
Hhahah, I feel better now! x)
Thanks!

If you decide to read it someday, I think you'll like it. It's rare to see people who dislike xxxHolic. Sometimes people don't like the character design much (it's kind of noodle people style), but I've never seen anyone complain about the story. I think that both story and art are great!

Ok! Thanks again =)

Welcome to Mangaraiders!
Thank you!  ;D

Offline hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 11:20:47 AM »
Welcome to MR!!
I can't say im much of a CLAMP fan seen as I haven't seen most of their works, but CardCaptor Sakura was my first anime... it took my anime virginity ;_ ; nah, the show was great

Offline TiNoSa

• FanArtist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 11:31:11 AM »
Welcome to MR!!
I can't say im much of a CLAMP fan seen as I haven't seen most of their works, but CardCaptor Sakura was my first anime... it took my anime virginity ;_ ; nah, the show was great
I liked CardCaptor Sakura when I was a kid, too! I remember that my OTP was Sakura & Yukito. Then, years later, my OTP became Touya (Sakura's brother) & Yukito, LOLOLOLOL. To tell the truth, the manga version of CardCaptor Sakura influenced me a lot into me being a fujoshi xD

But my first anime was Dragon Ball Z. I think CCS was the second. Then, Super Pig. I still remember these things :D

Thanks! ^^

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 01:57:04 PM »
Welcome to mangaraiders!

I wouldn't worry about stalking, I think Echo said she spent about a year just lurking around before she ever joined up.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline OmegaRay

• My friends. are my power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2013, 02:23:50 PM »
Welcome to MangaRaiders Karina!
Looking forward for your Art :)
Check my Dimensions Diamond manga (Storyboard- Chapter 1 working on it)

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2013, 07:17:11 PM »
Welcome to mangaraiders!

I wouldn't worry about stalking, I think Echo said she spent about a year just lurking around before she ever joined up.

*cough cough cough* *mumbles* I have my excuses, hehe. But no regrets  ;)

Welcome to MangaRaiders TiNoSa!
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/noteriddler

Offline lasthope2300

• Shadows are cast on those who choose not to cast shadows themselves...
  • Don't be afraid to eat dirt...it's good for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2013, 07:22:21 PM »
Welcome to mangaraiders! I think Brazilian girls are awesome...just sayin' ....ANYWAY, hope to see you around! And maybe someday you'll be one of the first people to read my manga when I finish it!

Offline TiNoSa

• FanArtist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2013, 07:51:41 PM »
Welcome to mangaraiders!

Wow, that's impressive!  :ohmy:
Thank you!

Welcome to MangaRaiders Karina!
Looking forward for your Art :)
Thank you very much ^^

Welcome to mangaraiders!

*cough cough cough* *mumbles* I have my excuses, hehe. But no regrets  ;)

Welcome to MangaRaiders TiNoSa!
Thank you! HAHA  :D

Welcome to mangaraiders! I think Brazilian girls are awesome...just sayin' ....ANYWAY, hope to see you around! And maybe someday you'll be one of the first people to read my manga when I finish it!
Hahah, thanks! ^^
Sure, I'm looking forward to it! :D

Offline TiNoSa

• FanArtist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2013, 06:47:39 PM »
Welcome to MangaRaiders, Your english is fine.
Thank you!

Oh, I'm glad then ^^
Btw, I've changed the title to "stalkerish", because I've just noticed that an adjective would be better in this sentence :push:

Offline han ki-tae

• View Profile
Re: I feel so stalkerish...
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2013, 09:14:49 PM »
Hey - this is a late welcome to the forum. I am also originally from Brazil, though I live in the US now. Look forward to seeing your art.