June 25, 2019, 12:07:08 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Worst video game character?  (Read 1382 times)

Offline Edge of Reason

• View Profile
Worst video game character?
« on: July 28, 2013, 09:16:29 AM »
What video game character doesn't even have right to exist? I'd like to hear your opinion. Please, don't post one-word answers, explain why you don't like someone.

As for me, Crowe F. Almedio from Star Ocean 4 is the worst. SO4 isn't a bad game in every aspect(it has nice gameplay and locations), but plot and characters are real disaster. Yes, practically all characters in game are walking cliches, but this red haired atrocity makes anyone else look pretty good.
Crowe definetely is great, others are incompetent fools compared to him, every single person(NPC scattered around the towns don't count) in game admires him. He made a starship captain in very young age, he is unbeatable rival of main hero, he always shows up in dire situation and save the day. He has no flaws and... no character depth. Well, who do you recognise? Yes, God Mode Sue(who doesn't hate them?). The biggest and most annoying one in jRPG history.       

Offline WatcherOfSky

• The author who hates writing.
  • Don't Panic.
    • View Profile
Re: Worst video game character?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 09:21:04 AM »
One word, one guy: Tingle

Must I say more for the most disgustingly annoying fairy wannabe hobo?

Sidequests? YEeaaah.... no pls!
Am I here?

Offline Austadophilus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 09:27:11 AM »
Let's not forget that Tingle was pretty much your debt collector in Windwaker, milking you out of ever single rupee you had...and you actually had to give him your money if you wanted to advance. <.<

But the worst video game character for me is Kratos from God of War. My brother can whine on and on how deep Kratos is because he's battling the gods to get some revenge for his poor family. What I see is a character who was based on nothing but being some badass for his appeal, all he does is kill people. Like seriously, if you aren't Kratos, expect to die in this game. And even though he's an anti-hero, there's really no forgiving him. He never shows any mercy and always exercises his power over everyone in the game.

And I hate his personality. Or total lack thereof.

So bring the hate my way. I'm ready.

Offline JellyMan

• Aspiring Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 01:13:58 AM »
Bubsy, I love cats, but I hate that annoying furball.  Most video game characters I hate that aren't villains have an "Ussop" effect on me.  I hate them at first, but enjoy their company after awhile :)

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 07:46:13 AM »
<.< *stares*

*staring intensifies*

*staring turns murderous*

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Lumaria

• Editor Group
  • Someone who will tell you what you need to hear
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 09:08:38 AM »
practically the entire cast of Final Fantasy XIII (except Hope and Sahz)

Let's not forget that Tingle was pretty much your debt collector in Windwaker, milking you out of ever single rupee you had...and you actually had to give him your money if you wanted to advance. <.<

But the worst video game character for me is Kratos from God of War. My brother can whine on and on how deep Kratos is because he's battling the gods to get some revenge for his poor family. What I see is a character who was based on nothing but being some badass for his appeal, all he does is kill people. Like seriously, if you aren't Kratos, expect to die in this game. And even though he's an anti-hero, there's really no forgiving him. He never shows any mercy and always exercises his power over everyone in the game.

And I hate his personality. Or total lack thereof.

So bring the hate my way. I'm ready.

also that he's basically the hulk. everything that guy says he's screaming it or has this raspy angry tone that never dies down.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 11:37:34 AM by Lorenx1 »
Stop playing victim....you know what you did.

Offline everlastin01

• Learning/attempting writer
  • Working on story and practing things
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 12:04:52 PM »
Mr. Moneybags from Spyro.....he is pure evil
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY9D606ANtc
Coryn's assistant

and Rouge Student (Galactic Raiders)