March 29, 2024, 12:53:24 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Anime/Manga Couple  (Read 6837 times)

Offline Takeo

• That One Asian DJ
  • Yo! What's Happenin'?
    • View Profile
Anime/Manga Couple
« on: July 26, 2013, 03:47:54 PM »
Yeah, I'm going there. What are you favorite anime or manga couples? The cute ones, the weird ones, the hilarious ones, the whatever-you-like ones. Which pairing of the romantic variety are your favorites, or even better yet, as you read, watch, and explore new series, which new couples do you like as you come across them?

I'll post mine later, but I'm curious to see what you MR members say. So, ready, GO!

Offline KenjiMinato

• Have at thee, Coward!
  • Excited to Finally get a Voice Role! ^_^
    • View Profile
Re: Anime/Manga Couple
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 05:11:28 PM »
Yusaku Godai x Kyoko Otanashi  :heart:
Ranma Saotome x Akane Tendo  :heart:
Kenichi Shirahama x Miyu Furinji  :heart:
Kenshin Himura x Kaoru Kamiya  :heart:
Kazuki Muto x Tokiko Tsumura  :heart:

Plus more that I can't think of right now.
Kenji Minato desu~

Offline Takeo

• That One Asian DJ
  • Yo! What's Happenin'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 06:56:52 PM »
Heh, this is what I get for forgetting a topic I started. I figured I give my input anyway.

Ryuuji Takasu and Taiga Aisaka (Toradora!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a81hzmqVEZc
What makes Ryuuji and Taiga special is their contrasting backgrounds and personalities, but not only that, the comedic manner in how they met. Since the beginning, you're expecting the two of them to end up developing feelings for each other, but you wait, and wait, and wait, and not until close to the end when it's at its sweetest does it actually happen, when they're honest to themselves and share the most sincere and sweetest of kisses in almost any anime I've ever seen. And it helps that they actually look good together too.

Okabe Rintarou and Kurisu Makise (Steins; Gate)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk69xGFTXuM
One word to describe Steins; Gate. Wow. It starts out as a comedy, but gradually become a tragedy, the back to an awesome happy ending narrative that if you're not paying attention, you miss something important. That brings us to Okabe and Kurisu. Quite possibly the wackiest pairing due to Okabe's claim to being a mad scientist and Kurisu's legitimate scientific knowledge, and their accidental discovery of time travel through the use of a cell-phone controlled microwave. Yeah, that kind of crazy. Without delving into spoilers, the two end up developing strong feelings for each other despite being literal polar opposites. Given the circumstances and the alternating timelines, they make for an awesome couple.

Kirito/Kirigaya Kazuto and Asuna/Asuna Yuki (Sword Art Online)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrl2dyJjyKk
SAO is a big deal. It's one of the few anime that released in Japan that almost immediately releases in the US. Most of the time, an anime takes several years between releases due to the licensing and copyright-related paperwork that needs to be completed. Legal IP's aside, the couple of Kirito and Asuna would normally be cliche, if it weren't for the setting. It's the gamers' ultimate dream/fantasy, done in a way without coming off as overly nerdy or stereotypical. Yeah, some of that is there, but the execution is near-flawless despite the shortcomings. And to add to that they're forced to be trapped in a video game or die, and live to the best of their ability despite that morbid truth, and continue their relationship in the real world, shows the strength of their relationship.

Kei Kusanagi and Mizuho Kazami (Onegai Teacher/Please Teacher!)
(Sorry, no video this time.)
Talk about a blast from the past...sorta. Please Teacher is one of those anime that I would watch over and over again. Like some of the previous entries on this list, the premise of Kei and Mizuho is absolutely ridiculous. But it's that ridiculousness that makes this couple great. If you also had context and knew the in-story concept of Standstills, it makes the relationship even better, with every moment being more poignant and important, almost as if it were life and death, and in a way, it kinda is. Considering how much Mizuho is hit on due to her attractiveness, and Kei's underdog style, it makes for the ultimate dream couple. That, and together they're quite hilarious and it doesn't help that Kei is significantly shorter than Mizuho either.

There's a lot more, but the thing is, I could go all day listing off my favorite couples. I'll ask myself if I want to continue the list or not because it's going to take a lot of time for one, and a lot of text for two.

Offline 50 Words for Paipis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 09:36:08 PM »
Manga/anime couples are annoying to me a lot of times. I'm a hard person to impress when it comes to romance, and most of my favorites are the ones people wouldn't normally think of as romantic. The only one I can think of right now:

Roy Mustang and Riza Hawkeye:
Both of them having to make difficult decisions due to their positions in the military, their romance takes on a more thoughtful tone. They're past the sentimentality of it all, calling each other out where it's due— but each of them would still die for the other. It goes to show that their love is not a feeling, a mere neurological reaction to a few aesthetically pleasing subtleties in the other's appearance and demeanor— it's a real, tangible thing that they do, something they've learned from their maturity and platonic intimacy as individuals.

If I think of more, I'll post them.

Offline B9F8

• thank you based doge 4 lyfe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 01:43:54 AM »
Isaac & Maria

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBtu23vQCRs

Dashing looks, unapologetically dumb, and inseperable. They spit in the face of drama and all its baggage.

Offline hikari

• Gambler
  • Sage of NET
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 02:57:15 AM »
Asuna Yuuki x Kazuto Kirigaya (SAO) - I love this couple because, they go so far as to marry each other, sounds a bit stupid when you are 15 or 16, but honestly if I found someone I loved whilst in a place where death is all around me, I'd marry that person too just in case I die the next day

Aoki Ko x Hiramaru Kazuya (Bakuman) - the mere thought that Hiramaru worked so hard just so that he could just see Aoki is really heart warming, Ohba wrote it as Hiramaru being a little weird and perverted about it, but just seeing the scene where they get engaged just makes me smile

Allen Walker x Lenalee Lee - I haven't read the manga but im pretty sure these two will become a couple,  why? Because they are always really thoughtful to each other, quite deep into the story something happens to Allen and Lenalee just doesn't smile or even stop crying, and when all the exorcists are up against "them" (dont wanna spoil) they talk to each other and just cry while smiling at each other

Yukina Himuro x Shigure Kitami (Watashi Ni xx Shinasai) - this couple starts quite random, Yukina mainly just uses Shigure to learn what love is, which to me was a little annoying. But later on in the series they both fall for each other, even with the interference of Akira (Yukina's cousin) and Mizuno (Shigure's childhood friend), they still stick together, maybe the series overplays it because when you see them admitting their love, you just wanna smile (at least I did), there are times when they hate each other, but something happens and the other character rushes to their side, which shows they still love each other