March 29, 2024, 01:45:14 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Kesashi's Gallery  (Read 140158 times)

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: Kesashi's Gallery
« Reply #465 on: November 13, 2019, 12:43:55 AM »
nice style. It gives off a bit of a mixed media vibe. The sharp lines go well with the softer hair rendering.
And lovely level select screen, you're certainly putting a lot of effort into the game and it's being rewarded with all these bits coming together.
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 19, 2019, 04:14:30 PM »
A bunch more BR characters in between Izabel updates. Also a redesign on one of the OG characters.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 20, 2019, 12:25:01 PM »
I'm liking the cartoony hair style on the first one.
the white and gold boots look great on the last one.
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 21, 2019, 06:45:31 AM »
Yeah the last one is my favourite for sure. Such a standard knight-like outfit but it looks real good. Those are some great boots too.

Love your style, Kesashi

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 21, 2019, 03:24:30 PM »
Might be slightly inspired by Carmen Sandiego on netflix, but I am still interested in some experimental approaches to hair in vector. Probably every character will have their hair rendered differently before I find a perfect system.

Recently I joined an illustrator club and attended a wonderful seminar on drawing backgrounds. So anyway, I think we're ready to see more of these characters. So I will be working on making some graphic novels to explore the story next since the actual game won't be ready until after Izabel is published.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 22, 2019, 06:41:47 AM »
I joined an illustrator club and attended a wonderful seminar on drawing backgrounds. So anyway, I think we're ready to see more of these characters.
Awesome, and awesome!

It's good to experiment with different styles, definitely. and depending on the type of hair you might find that even in the final version you use several styles to meet your needs.

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 23, 2019, 01:18:01 PM »
We have achieved backgrounds. I've got a few more scenes I'm working on after this. I think there's always room to improve my color-picking for atmospheric perspective, but I'm ready to move on.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 24, 2019, 08:24:32 AM »
nice simple background. That's given me an idea for mine now :)
I think it might look a bit better with some more detail to match the characters level of detail, such as shading on the trees or ground, unless you're going for a super basic background.

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 24, 2019, 09:30:31 PM »
I really like the suggestion of frills on the dress of the girl in front. You can see they're there without every fold and curve having to be drawn in. Also props for her big sword!
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/noteriddler

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 23, 2019, 07:45:59 PM »
Lots of little updates. Haven't been working in backgrounds again yet, but I will be soon. I will be developing an expansion to the game to allow you to play any character as male or female. I've also been making a lot of progress in the singleplayer game. Current goal is to finish a few more characters and make the AI more intelligent. The way the characters are built now makes character customization very intuitive. I've been thinking about implementing it for the heck of it. And a couple new characters. I've been behind on art for the Lotus factions for a while, so I'm working to catch up on them now primarily.

Aiko

Phaelyn

Aurora

Vakram "The Dirty Scarab"

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 24, 2019, 05:04:11 AM »
make the AI more intelligent
That's probably not as easy as it sounds :P

Love Aiko, looks totally traditional Japanese!

So is the top one meant to be male and female versions of the same character then? they totally look similar and very cool how you've kept the colour scheme for the outfits.

The occasionaly black outlines are a nice touch, although it's a heavy contrast with the areas that don't have black outlines. I liked it where the black lines fade out rather than just stopping sharp.

Your style seems to be changing little by little :P
It's a worry for me if I ever make art for my game as I'm all over the place for styles XD

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 29, 2019, 02:43:45 PM »
make the AI more intelligent
That's probably not as easy as it sounds :P

Well it gets complicated because I want their intelligence to be fluid. So you could have archers with better aim than other archers. I'll cover this stuff when I do a "State of the game" update. But you will have at least 3 AI teammates against 4 AI enemies, and so you'll be able to control your AI, like setting their priorities to survival or healing or attacking, and you'll be able to level up their intelligence.

The major problem I have is there aren't really any games out there like Blade Regalia, I know that sounds arrogant because it could easily fit into the Hero Shooter realm and I'm sure that if it got popular, the first thing news outlets and youtubers would do is call it an overwatch clone.

If I were creating overwatch then it would be easier to understand how the AI should act, but blade regalia has a central emphasis on melee combat and just a handful of characters who shoot or fight at range. This means it's most similar to failed hero shooter, Gigantic, in fact that game was the inspiration for the current combat system because they solved a lot of problems I was having with team-based melee combat.

However, Gigantic's gameplay and metagame involved multiple objectives which revolve around dealing damage, like a classical moba where you have 3 lanes to attack and multiple structures to destroy.

So as a result I have been working towards public testing so hopefully I can use actual human beings to give me some insights into how AI should act.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 30, 2019, 11:58:20 AM »
Ahhhhh I see. Fluid huh.
Yeah copying other players habits is probably the best way to do it. Like do they keep their distance, how do they move and so on.
I remember I must have been about 14 when I first tried to make an AI for an RTS I was making. Neither the RTS nor the AI got finished in the slightest XD, but it got me really thinking how does an AI work, especially when there are multiple characters working together, like troops in a castle or something. is it one AI that controls the whole lot, or individual AIs that all function individually. Fun stuff.

I'm always up to be a beta tester if you want :)

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 31, 2019, 02:54:43 PM »
I will definitely keep you in mind.

My Ai actually follows a single invisible entity called the "Team Actor". The team actor can walk towards the objective and the AI can choose to follow it, go on flank routes or take the high ground individually. The team actor allows them to make decisions as a team and as an individual.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 31, 2019, 05:14:52 PM »
Ahhhh super cool. even the name sounds cool haha

whats great about being able to control the difficulty of AI is you can then have difficulty levels for the entire game, beginner,expert and so on. Which means the game has replayability value even for people that have cleared it.