March 29, 2024, 01:46:04 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Kesashi's Gallery  (Read 140159 times)

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
Re: Kesashi's Gallery
« Reply #420 on: May 22, 2019, 01:10:55 AM »
Thanks for the insights on the symbols.

The lotus is a complicated place because it's technically divided into 3 factions. I do have a symbol that I normally use for them you can see on their armor/clothing. There's the Red Lotus, the Black Lotus and the White Lotus, and because color is so central to their identity, I was conflicted over using the Lotus symbol because it would be black like the others. So my interpretation that the White Lotus and Red Lotus wouldn't choose to represent themselves with a black Lotus.

Not really relevant, but some of them are meant to be used in different ways. I'm not weighing this against your review, but if you're curious about the context of each symbol

Flag or Insignia of a Country
-Dulong Kingdom: Meaning "The Long Kingdom" is a Kingdom built on a series of large rocks floating in the sky.
-Lotus: A set of countries that are both unified and divided as I already described.
-Sanctum: A Holy City
-Empire: New Insignia following the takeover of a new Monarch
-Southern Warriors: Obscure tribe of warriors on an island south of the Mainland.
-Veil: A large citadel built on a small island where the people choose to isolate themselves from the rest of the world.
-Guardians of the North: A Matriarchal society in the north whose population is comprised of primarily non-human groups (Elves, Fairies, Giants). The symbol is half of a woman's head and half of a knight's helmet.
-Occultists: A society governed by a demonic theocracy.
-Desert Scorpions: A colony in desert often in conflict against Beautiful Death.

These Symbols are more like Warning Labels. Like saying "beautiful death ahead, do not enter". These factions aren't countries or kingdoms so they aren't meant to be used as flags or insignias.
-Destruction Children: A dangerous group of young "regaliers"
-Beautiful Death: A group of mercenaries. Most of whom defected from other countries. They live in the desert.
-Formless: The term "formless" is meant to be a euphemism for demons referring to the idea that they need to possess a body in order to have a "form".
-Inquisitors: This symbol is meant to be the badge that they would wear to make it obvious that they are an inquisitor. The context of an "inquisitor" here is different, than their historic context in reality.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 01:12:30 AM by Lord Kesashi »

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 28, 2019, 04:28:56 PM »
Well I suspected you did have your reasons for the design of each logo, so it's good to see how they relate to the factions identity or location.

The Lotus totally makes sense, I can understand why you avoided a black one.

For Guardians of the North, I find it quite hard to see it as a helmet. Maybe the design just isn't one I'm used to seeing, but maybe a bit more detail would make it look more helmet like. some more details along the outline might help as well, like bumps or sections more clearly shown. Google images for reference although I imagine you do do that.

Incidentally, have you researched insignia that are used or have been used by factions/people in real life? I can only think of the Tudor rose lol. I had a quick google and these might be good reading, if nothing else.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escutcheon_(heraldry)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_coats_of_arms
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cap_badge
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heraldic_badge
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armorial_of_Europe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armorial_of_sovereign_states
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_flags
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 04:33:19 PM by suuper-san »
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 23, 2019, 09:06:50 AM »
Been a while since my last update. Been working most of the time, but I snuck in a little time to work on Izabel. I was trying to apply for the Unreal Dev Grant when I realized I didn't have any formal promotional art of the game. With Blade Regalia I have lots of art I can use that way,  but with Izabel it's just sketches and gameplay. Also working on cel shading the entire world for both Izabel and Blade Regalia

Offline Vikings1428

• Assistant to The Regional Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 23, 2019, 01:03:14 PM »
Been a while since my last update. Been working most of the time, but I snuck in a little time to work on Izabel. I was trying to apply for the Unreal Dev Grant when I realized I didn't have any formal promotional art of the game. With Blade Regalia I have lots of art I can use that way,  but with Izabel it's just sketches and gameplay. Also working on cel shading the entire world for both Izabel and Blade Regalia

ok that looks fantastic, it looks like a video game that has horror as well as suspense being main elements through it, it looks like one has to search for clues through this while being prepared for jump scares such as the one within the door.

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 23, 2019, 10:11:31 PM »
Whooaa. That gave me the creeps just looking at the world there. Definitely has mystery vibes. Cool stuff c:
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/noteriddler

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 25, 2019, 02:34:36 AM »
Cool eerie vibe! Good work

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 25, 2019, 07:28:17 AM »
nice keep it up!
Do you have an idea of how complete your game is or how long it will take to complete?
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 30, 2019, 06:55:11 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.

ok that looks fantastic, it looks like a video game that has horror as well as suspense being main elements through it, it looks like one has to search for clues through this while being prepared for jump scares such as the one within the door.

Whooaa. That gave me the creeps just looking at the world there. Definitely has mystery vibes. Cool stuff c:

I'm glad you guys like it, this is all actually very new to me, and I'm having a very fun experience creating it all.

nice keep it up!
Do you have an idea of how complete your game is or how long it will take to complete?

Right now there are some setbacks. My brother lives and breathes 3D animation and he had a look at the game and suggested I re-animate some things so long-story-short, the date is being pushed back. I don't really know a date. I know a date that I want to release it which is just a few months from now. But I also want everything to be done decently and in order and that could take 6 - 10 months realistically.

Offline Vikings1428

• Assistant to The Regional Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 30, 2019, 10:32:35 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.

I'm glad you guys like it, this is all actually very new to me, and I'm having a very fun experience creating it all.

nice keep it up!

Right now there are some setbacks. My brother lives and breathes 3D animation and he had a look at the game and suggested I re-animate some things so long-story-short, the date is being pushed back. I don't really know a date. I know a date that I want to release it which is just a few months from now. But I also want everything to be done decently and in order and that could take 6 - 10 months realistically.

really? I honestly don't see an issue with it tbh but I'm not the expert lol

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 31, 2019, 10:59:28 PM »
Well y'know, better to give a game a little extra time and a little extra polish, rather than dump it out all jankey like. But at the same time you can't fall into the trap of the perfectionist. You could work and tweak until the sun goes cold and still never be completely satisfied.

I look forward to playing it once it's out!

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 01, 2019, 02:30:03 PM »
projects will always have setbacks with a small crew, especially when it's not an actual paid job. but glad you're keeping moving forward, and don't worry too much about not meeting your own deadlines (Hofstadter's law applies as well haha). a deadline can only be accurately predicted if you know the exact amount of work that needs to go in, and it's very hard to tell what sort of problems will arise that will slow you down.

I agree, better that it's polished up but don't polish for too long :P

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 02, 2019, 11:17:56 PM »
Well there are certain stages we need to get through.

Core Gameplay (Complete) (This was completed in 3 months)
This includes things like running, climbing, crouching. Making sure the game can be played and ultimately is fun to play. Normally I assume this would be how you prove to a publisher that this product could be worth investing in.

Core Design (Set Back) (would've been completed now after taking 3 months)
Core design was supposed to be complete when I replaced UE4 marketplace assets with a design more tailored to the game itself. This is basically converting the entire world from realistic to cel-shaded. But it also includes core animations like basic locomotion for the player character.

Optimization (Next)
This is supposed to be the part where I make it so a 30 minute Demo isn't 30 gigs in size. (It's actually 10.7 gigs right now but only uses maybe 2 gigs, the other 8 gigs is future content). So it involves clearing out old assets that aren't being used like other versions of the character models. Most of that can be controlled in the engine while exporting, but it also includes adding options to reduce the strain on the PC. like reducing detail, lighting complexity, and also using optimal practices like pre-built lighting and low-poly 3D models.

Testing (Demo)
This is just where I do non-stop testing to try to catch every glitch, oversight, or opportunity. Then at the end I'll be publishing the Demo. These milestones don't include core development like level design, scripting each sequence, and programming AI where I'm doing all that in between.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 03, 2019, 12:38:53 AM »
programming AI
I love how you just nonchalantly mention that as an in-between thing :P

ugh all that work sounds horrible (0_0;)
I'm sure it'll go fine (^-^)
Prebuilt lighting is something I plan to use for whenever, it's when the main rendering is pre-computed beforehand, I think?
Finding glitches is probably the hardest part because one never knows how many there are or where they are :P

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 03, 2019, 05:57:08 AM »

programming AI
I love how you just nonchalantly mention that as an in-between thing :P

ugh all that work sounds horrible (0_0;)
I'm sure it'll go fine (^-^)
Prebuilt lighting is something I plan to use for whenever, it's when the main rendering is pre-computed beforehand, I think?
Finding glitches is probably the hardest part because one never knows how many there are or where they are :P

Pre-built lighting is awesome because it means that your CPU can do other things, but it does consume a lot of hard drive space because it has to save all of that computing for later. Spoiler alert, but in Izabel you will be able to control the lights at almost all times, so I can't pre-build all of it. I can only partially build it. Plus I like having cast shadows on the characters.

Yeah AI really just requires a crazy amount of testing because you really don't know what's going to actually happen. Especially if you're using the behavior systems built into unreal engine. If I had built the game engine myself, I would probably have a better idea of exactly what will happen when using behavior scripts. But it's a lot easier when there are very specific and simple things you need the AI to do rather than needing them to be able to strategize against every possible situation which is more like what Blade Regalia's AI will be.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 03, 2019, 09:55:36 AM »
Yup cast shadows is nice where applicable :P
I like to code as much as possible from scratch personally, but that still doesn't mean I know whats going on XD