March 26, 2019, 02:03:53 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Kesashi's Gallery  (Read 31744 times)

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
Re: Kesashi's Gallery
« Reply #375 on: December 16, 2018, 12:22:52 PM »
That cursed sword looks creepy!

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 18, 2018, 08:10:47 PM »
If you're still curious how I'm approaching the cursed sword character. You lose control over abilities 1 by 1 until you reach 80%. Also at 80% you lose control over your ability to walk around and jump. It goes down by 2% per second so if you hit 100%, it will take 10 seconds to get below 80%. The only way to force control early is to use your ultimate which will give you 100% corruption but with full control. It only goes up when you try to use abilities without the resource necessary

Here are some new characters
Arianna

Pamelia

Melanie

Some character Redesigns. I've got a lot more of these I'm working on right now.

Amyrie

original

Oblivia

original

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 24, 2018, 01:22:09 AM »
Very nice! Melanie looks cute. Also Olivia.

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 27, 2018, 03:10:48 PM »
Even more characters and redesigns.

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 28, 2018, 10:16:54 AM »
Awesome weapons! That drill sword seems quite creative.

Facebook       Patreon

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Chau-chau!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 01, 2019, 11:03:27 AM »
Neat designs! Man, the size of those weapons. My favourite out of these is the lady with the scythe.
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.

DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 02, 2019, 08:18:25 PM »
Neat designs! Man, the size of those weapons. My favourite out of these is the lady with the scythe.

To my surprise, a lot of people seem to like the girl in black especially.

Also I decided to do one of these things, but instead of just going back through 2018, I thought I might go back as far as possible.

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 10, 2019, 02:05:54 AM »
I don't have much art recently because I've been in Unreal Engine working on Caroline. These past few weeks I've made some crazy levels of progress.

I've only got a few more of Caroline's abilities left to program. The next step is to start a video series on each hero's ability breakdown and strategy. I've only done a few other sketches I can show right now.

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 15, 2019, 02:32:23 PM »
Another redesign. The original artwork is all the way from 2017.

Her sword causes explosions whenever it cuts when she uses a particular fighting stance. The explosions are in such close range that they hurt her too, so you would have manage how you use that stance in the game.

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 15, 2019, 06:10:44 PM »
nice to see your progress over the years and the different styles you've had.
i like both versions actually, but the recent one has more sensible armour and a cool cape. amazing you can get that with vectors. i preferred the kneecaps on the older one. the newer one has a more realistic face.
and great that you're making progress with your project. sometimes there can be slow days but it's nice to have some jumps forward every now and then XD
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other
Manga: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft
Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 17, 2019, 06:05:12 AM »
Nice armor!

Facebook       Patreon

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 17, 2019, 05:50:43 PM »
I'm really digging that armour. You'd  think such bright colours wouldn't work but they're all the better for them! Good stuff Kesashi!

Offline Gabryel

• Lazy cat
  • Beware! Danger of sarcasm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 27, 2019, 06:16:44 AM »
Well talk abuot progress! It's so neat to see the improvement over the years. I'm too much of a coward to even look for my old stuff haha

You also create an astonishing amount of characters, good job!
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. (S. Hawkins)

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 01, 2019, 10:35:10 PM »
I've gotten a little bit behind on updating this topic, but my artstation will always stay up to date if you're ever actually curious. Right now I'm working on a painting of a character in the game named Daniela. This painting is for an assignment where the goal is to "make an ordinary object extraordinary". The assignment itself doesn't necessarily have any media requirements but I do need to have some paintings for my portfolio review. The first picture is the basic underdrawing that I used before I laid down the first layer of paint.

For those that don't know, the medium I'm using is Oil Paint, and unlike Acrylic or Water Color, oil paint stays wet for weeks. You can actually control the drying time based on how much Oil Paint Medium (e.g. Galkyd). Looking at her dress, I first applied a layer of purple paint, in the general area. I then went in and applied pure white paint on top to create highlights and pure black paint to create shadows.

The white paint mixed with the purple paint as I applied it and ended up in between as a brighter purple color. This is one of the main advantages of oil paint as it allows you to create gradients and soft transitions much easier. With acrylic paint, you could technically do this, but you would only have about 30 seconds to pull it off as apposed to the weeks you can get with oil. It's also typically more lustrous and saturated than Acrylic paint. However most of the chemicals involved in oil paint are extremely dangerous and toxic. Acrylic paint is much safer.

You can even save oil paint that you didn't use for later. I've had acrylic pain globs dry on the pallete before I had a chance to put them on the canvas. Aside from that there's also some interesting things happening in the game. After I finished Caroline I started working on the character that I just redesigned. I actually redesigned her because I wanted to work on her.

(She isn't actually doing 4 million damage that was an error in the UI)

This character also has some interesting mechanics. Her attacks create explosions when she's using "explosive stance". This involves a completely new set of animations where her attacks are heavier, but slower. The explosions occur in such close range that they damage her too, so I had to create two separate attacking modes so you wouldn't always have to hurt yourself. It feels incredibly satisfying to disregard your own health to blow up groups of people and do massive damage.

Also when using abilities that consume mana points, if she doesn't have enough, she can drain her own health for the mana costs. It's really fun being able to bypass your limitations. Because of this I had to add a feature where characters won't get points towards their ultimate ability for healing self-inflicted damage. That way you couldn't just abuse self-damage to build your ultimate quickly.

These characters have been nothing more than a Microsoft Word Document page for the past few years, but there's no way to tell exactly how things will be until you're actually playing them. I had to make a lot of little changes when I thought things were perfectly balanced. I had to reduce her damage and increase her attack rate to make things feel nicer.

These are also some other concepts I've made and at the end we can look at the whole hero roster based on all the concept art that's been drawn.

Stephanie

Rachel

Veronica

Bridgette

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 02, 2019, 08:43:59 AM »
Great update! It's cool to actually see some footage from the game!

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF