April 17, 2024, 10:02:45 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Kesashi's Gallery  (Read 141635 times)

Offline Vikings1428

• Assistant to The Regional Manager
    • View Profile
Re: Kesashi's Gallery
« Reply #330 on: September 08, 2018, 08:28:25 PM »
awesome armored pants and nice gauntlets

Offline Miska

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 09, 2018, 09:51:43 AM »
Very cool character design! :)
Is he part of a manga/story or just a drawing?

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 11, 2018, 12:14:14 AM »
Very cool character design! :)
Is he part of a manga/story or just a drawing?

Thanks!

This character is designed for a game

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 11, 2018, 12:47:05 AM »
How is the game coming along? I remember seeing a video of it

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 11, 2018, 11:05:41 PM »
How is the game coming along? I remember seeing a video of it

We're still making progress, I've been doing a lot of drawing recently just because I've really been enjoying it. I'll show below all the characters that I've illustrated so far. But I also have been working on some environments so I decided to show off a few. And then there's some general work I've done with animation and 3D modeling and I don't really record it all anymore.

Female child base body finally finished

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 12, 2018, 12:18:40 AM »
Neat! You made all that or have people working with you?

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 12, 2018, 02:01:23 PM »
Most of it is collaborative, but I work in each field: programming, 3d modelling, level design, and 2d illustration. So some of them are actually collaborative which is very fun.

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 21, 2018, 10:10:55 PM »
Oooh, big roster of characters O:
I didn't know you did environments - impressive work!
Certainly does look fun to wok on ^^
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/noteriddler

Offline VOYA

• Voyager
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 23, 2018, 05:39:40 PM »
Alright I'm going to be honest. I saw somebody doing something I thought was cool so I did it too. What I mean is photo-realistic vector art. But for a number of reasons I decided it was better for my sanity to go for a less photorealistic finish.

Spoiler

Man, I'm seeing more andmore vector style art and it's tempting me to give it a try even if just for the sake of learning, I like this piece, how long did it take?
Hey there, I am using WhatsA- ... oh

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 23, 2018, 08:05:49 PM »
Man, I'm seeing more andmore vector style art and it's tempting me to give it a try even if just for the sake of learning, I like this piece, how long did it take?

Probably around 5-6 hours. I'll probably get faster in the future but it was a huge learning experience the whole way through, practically had to start over twice. I had spend some time studying how other artists approached certain problems like facial features. The most photorealistic work typically just maps out every single value. Imagine having a contour line project where you need to distinguish between 50 different value grades. So I went the easy route using gradients to create facial features.

I haven't been drawing much recently, but I have been working in 3D. Working on a 3D model for a character named Caroline.

Offline VOYA

• Voyager
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 25, 2018, 11:27:34 AM »

Probably around 5-6 hours. I'll probably get faster in the future but it was a huge learning experience the whole way through, practically had to start over twice. I had spend some time studying how other artists approached certain problems like facial features. The most photorealistic work typically just maps out every single value. Imagine having a contour line project where you need to distinguish between 50 different value grades. So I went the easy route using gradients to create facial features.

I haven't been drawing much recently, but I have been working in 3D. Working on a 3D model for a character named Caroline.

Jesus, didn't know it could get that heavy for vector work, mapping out that many values? I can see why you went for an alternative.

Haha you're attacking 3d now eh, I guess it's good to broaden the horizons and gain experience across the field to see where you want to specialize in.
Hey there, I am using WhatsA- ... oh

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 27, 2018, 04:06:41 PM »
I've got a bunch of concept art in the works, and I've finally gotten around to playing For Honor. A lot of people suggested to me that it might be similar to the genre of games I'm working in. I never heard anything good about Ubisoft in the past so I didn't give it a chance, but they've actually gone in and fixed a lot of the issues people had with it.

For Honor is not actually anything like Blade Regalia, the most similar game would be Gigantic, but there are a lot of things I like about it. One of the things is the realistic and practical armor, of course not that realistic because unless you had a dagger or a blunt weapon, you weren't going to hurt a knight in plate armor. It was so good they didn't need shields. But I thought I'd give it a go and on top of that I've actually had some requests for a fully armored female character.

But this is Blade Regalia, and here the clothing or "Regalia" is not only their source of supernatural power, but also is meant to be fashionable since you could just make a binkini give you the power to go invincible, there's no punishment for impracticality except that maybe smaller amounts would be easier to destroy. I decided to make this armor out of 24 Karat yellow gold which in real life would be the equivalent of wearing aluminum foil to battle, but in Blade Regalia we have magic.

Maybe that gives you an idea of what goes into the design of each character
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 09:56:31 PM by Lord Kesashi »

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 28, 2018, 08:59:48 PM »
Wait wouldn't such armour be heavy as heck more than innefective? And is gold really that soft against attack?

Like the high heels haha, even though I suspect she'd get stuck in the ground many times because of that.

Also magic makes the world go round. Your ability to make so many characters is impressive. Keep at it Kesashi!

Alright I'm going to be honest. I saw somebody doing something I thought was cool so I did it too. What I mean is photo-realistic vector art. But for a number of reasons I decided it was better for my sanity to go for a less photorealistic finish.

Spoiler

Yikes I know this technique. It is insane to make something look really good, but a great  piece here methinks!

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 29, 2018, 12:30:14 AM »
Wait wouldn't such armour be heavy as heck more than innefective? And is gold really that soft against attack?

Like the high heels haha, even though I suspect she'd get stuck in the ground many times because of that.

Also magic makes the world go round. Your ability to make so many characters is impressive. Keep at it Kesashi!

I'm not sure how heavy gold is compared to steel or iron, but the knights armor was lighter than what U.S. soldiers carry on their back. A lot of story writers and game designers really underestimate the efficiency of ancient armor (if it was forged properly). Chainmail will almost protect you from any glancing slash, but not against direct thrusts. Nowadays they're making chainmail gloves to protect your hands from kitchen knives.

But yeah, those heels definitely aren't practical. But there were some pretty simple anti-armor techniques and weapons. Like the Japanese Kanabo.

Speaking of the Kanabo

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 29, 2018, 01:48:23 PM »
that vector character in 3D feel is straaaange :P
wow, photorealistic vectors? I dont think I could stand that haha. I like your counter method of using gradients to simplify the contour process, but still keeping the same feel.
cool gold armour, great work on the 3D stuff, and I like that latest character as well. I think maybe the weapon should be a little lower, it doesn't feel like it's properly sitting on her shoulder, but it's hard to tell regardless. I suppose one great thing about vectors is that if needed you can make alterations like that a lot easier than canvas art.
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!