April 18, 2024, 02:20:00 PM

------------------------------------------

PLZ READ THIS ALL ACTIVE MEMBERS

CLICK Here.

Author Topic: Kesashi's Gallery  (Read 141662 times)

Offline devola

• View Profile
Re: Kesashi's Gallery
« Reply #315 on: August 20, 2018, 08:36:00 PM »
Great designs, the art style is unique and there's good variety!

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 21, 2018, 06:39:30 AM »
That's a nifty looking blade there. Like her design Kesashi, and black and purple really work.

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 21, 2018, 02:59:32 PM »
Those effects are a mixture of a couple of texturing effects built into the program that I use.

At least you justified it unlike everyone else :P
I do plan to add a chainmail bikini some day. Just need to figure out how.

lovely face on that one, maybe a bit of shade around the leg where it meets the front of the dress would look good I think, it looks more flat than everything else. But I can't shade so don't take my word for it :P

Trust me I've made some of the craziest mistakes here. I noticed yesterday one of my character's concept art had her feet completely backwards for like 2 months. It's completely valid, trust me.

I've also been re-drawing a lot of the characters that I drew in 2017 to keep them up to the standard that the 2018 pieces are setting.

Taikichi
Ella

Here are some more scrapped designs/poses/color schemes
Old
current

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 22, 2018, 02:26:52 PM »
Those effects are a mixture of a couple of texturing effects built into the program that I use.
Curses!!!!! So I can't copy it!!!!!

I do plan to add a chainmail bikini some day. Just need to figure out how.
As long as it's justified :P

Trust me I've made some of the craziest mistakes here. I noticed yesterday one of my character's concept art had her feet completely backwards for like 2 months. It's completely valid, trust me.
Thanks for sharing that, so even experienced artists can make that sort of mistake, and you're actually human and not just advanced robots churning out perfect pieces :P I feel better about life now haha

lovely character designs, especially the frilly dress one, love the dress, and the way you added the shading to the hair was pretty clever for vector art.

I'm trying to do hair like the way you did Taikichi's, wavy and lots of contrast.

how do you start your drawing? in "normal" art you can sketch guidelines etc using a tablet on layers, but since you work with vectors how does that work, I'm curious to know.

PS none of your images on the first post in this thread work. You might want to try using imgur or something else maybe. and thanks for the idea to have the first post as a comparison thread, I will totally do that myself at some time. In fact, we should all do it and have it like a portfolio!
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 22, 2018, 04:11:50 PM »
how do you start your drawing? in "normal" art you can sketch guidelines etc using a tablet on layers, but since you work with vectors how does that work, I'm curious to know.

It's really different for each character.  You can do that with vector, you could make guide lines but what I normally do is trace over another picture. Nowadays I've gotten to the point that I can draw without references with vector so it usually doesn't look anything like the reference photo anymore.

This is some artwork from 2016 of the character Sabrina. It was sketched in pencil and then scanned on a printer. So it's basically just digitizing a sketch. Now I kinda do that same thing with my drawing pad.

PS none of your images on the first post in this thread work. You might want to try using imgur or something else maybe. and thanks for the idea to have the first post as a comparison thread, I will totally do that myself at some time. In fact, we should all do it and have it like a portfolio!

I posted the pictures through facebook and facebook likes to break the link after a while so I've started using Discord to share links here because those links won't break. So maybe some day I'll go back and re-upload those photos.

For context this is the oldest photo I have a picture of. Somewhere around 8-10 years old.

Spoiler

And here's another character. Don't worry it's a magical revolver. We're still fantasy themed.

You can see why I had to go back and find that picture of Sabrina

Offline Walter B

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 22, 2018, 04:56:43 PM »
Very nice texture and strong color on that purple sword.

Facebook       Patreon

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 22, 2018, 05:56:33 PM »
Yeaup, really digging magic revolver gal. Great outfit, colour and hair. *Wolf-whistles*

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 22, 2018, 09:59:06 PM »
You've really come aways Keashi! O: Such colourful characters in your gallery.
Really like the revolver girl's design - especially the gun - actually, just give me the gun... XP
Nice stuff - keep it up!
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/noteriddler

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 23, 2018, 08:23:51 AM »
ahhh I see, so tracing and guidelines are still a thing with vectors. I suppose its a lot easier to edit a character with a wonky leg if its vector rather than canvas so guidelines don't have to be as perfect.
love the messy hair on that last one, and is that a labcoat there? even better!
and great improvement from 10 years ago!!
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 31, 2018, 12:32:09 AM »
Here's an edgy pair. Doctor and Patient. You know you're corrupted when it starts to change your hair color.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 12:34:46 AM by Lord Kesashi »

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 01, 2018, 04:09:54 AM »
Good stuff man, your artwork is definitely visually unique. How long does it usually take to make one of these?

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 01, 2018, 11:11:10 PM »
Good stuff man, your artwork is definitely visually unique. How long does it usually take to make one of these?

Drawing the points and coloring shapes is extremely quick. That's what I love about it. It helps with the natural flow of creativity to be able to produce the concept quickly. What usually takes me days is designing the outfit and the overall composition. Massive amount of reference photos go into it as well as finished drawings that I didn't like and decided to redesign some things.

Normally it takes me 2 days to finish after I get started.

Offline Vikings1428

• Assistant to The Regional Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 01, 2018, 11:14:56 PM »
i really like the way you do the color and shapes of the hair. awesome work man!  :thumbsup: :shotgun:

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 02, 2018, 08:00:20 PM »
Alright I'm going to be honest. I saw somebody doing something I thought was cool so I did it too. What I mean is photo-realistic vector art. But for a number of reasons I decided it was better for my sanity to go for a less photorealistic finish.

Spoiler

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 08, 2018, 07:39:11 PM »
We've got more. I thought it was worth giving a tribute to masculinity for this character.