March 29, 2024, 02:30:51 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Kesashi's Gallery  (Read 140161 times)

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
Re: Kesashi's Gallery
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2013, 02:18:04 PM »
Man, maps make me so excited!  :biggrin: Nice work! :thumbsup:

thanks man  ;D I just love making maps.

Just as so you guys know the continents are meant to spell out the name of the world with their first letter(Sentieria).

Sentera
Enceedra
Nypheria
Thynaria
Iseria
Era
Rashia
Ierleria
Arashnia

These names aren't based off any kind of word or anything I usually just tried to see what syllables i could put together in my head to make up a name. I know Iseria and Ierleria don't really count as continents since they're just big islands but i'm gonna call them continents anyway.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 07:31:02 PM by lordkesashi »

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2013, 05:02:36 AM »
Just to show off the distribution of powers for anybody interested in the actual series of Sentieria

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2013, 12:08:59 AM »
I'm working on a new realistic portrait. It's based on a picture of Jodelle Ferland, but it's meant to be one of my  characters.

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2013, 02:22:04 AM »
Some more anime studio work:

(this is what Curses look like)

Lord King

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2013, 05:37:51 PM »
Concept art for Lord King and Lord Kesashi

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2013, 07:07:27 PM »
The Firstborn daughter of Curse: Ella Mental

She's summoning the indestructible diamond dragon.

Yeah I can't imagine naming my daughter a play the word "elemental"
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 07:10:10 PM by lordkesashi »

Offline TiNoSa

• FanArtist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2013, 07:32:22 PM »
I've never seen a person who enjoys drawing maps, haha, this is the first time. Interesting.

It seems you improved, but keep studying anatomy and proportions to improve even more  ;)
I don't know if you like something more "chibi-like", but I noticed that your characters seem a little skinny, too. For example, sometimes the head surpasses some parts of the body in lenght. So never stop improving your proportions and anatomy  (and I know it's hard, I have some problems regarding this matter, too).
As for your coloring, it's nice, but as Callesthe have already pointed, don't be afraid to use more shadows sometimes ;D

That's it, I hope seeing more of your works ^^

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2013, 11:13:55 PM »
Stop hiding your damn hands.

Head seems disproportionate to body, why are they so skinny/is the width of the body so small? Is this a stylistic choice?

xD if you really want me to i can start drawing them in poses that show off the hands more. Hands aren't really an issue for me so i normally don't hide them just to avoid drawing them.

I did notice her head was too big after i was finished and I planned to fix that in anime studio, so normally i do get lazy with certain things because I don't think much of my work before it's been traced over. Their thin body structures are my style. People have suggested i draw over-weight or largely muscular people but it's just not my preference.

I've never seen a person who enjoys drawing maps, haha, this is the first time. Interesting.

It seems you improved, but keep studying anatomy and proportions to improve even more  ;)
I don't know if you like something more "chibi-like", but I noticed that your characters seem a little skinny, too. For example, sometimes the head surpasses some parts of the body in lenght. So never stop improving your proportions and anatomy  (and I know it's hard, I have some problems regarding this matter, too).
As for your coloring, it's nice, but as Callesthe have already pointed, don't be afraid to use more shadows sometimes ;D

That's it, I hope seeing more of your works ^^

I'm still researching anatomy for proportions specifically for the head but as more a reflex I'd draw it too big because most of my characters are very young, and that's also the reason why they have such thin bodies. If I were drawing a much older personally a smaller head would probably be more natural when drawing. Real problem is I didn't draw too many guides for her head because I was more focused on a new eye-style i wanted to try and I really don't like it.

And thank you both for your responses :biggrin:

I'm going to start using Aion's "playing god" character creation before i draw my characters i need the practice.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 11:20:06 PM by lordkesashi »

Offline Thy Obsessive Freak

• From a freak of society
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2013, 06:33:18 AM »
Thought I'd respond.
Quite like the colour in your art or lord king is it? And quite the fashion, he just has to tell me where he does his clothes shopping. Plus your good at making your characters 3D, putting detail on them and clothes folds. Let alone perspectives, like look how you've got that dragon shaped around the girl like that. Looks as if he could spin around her all day like a rollarcooster rider.

Do have to give criticism though. For one, I'd have to back TiNoSa, I know you already agreed to her advice. But I feel it's a tad important you work on that if you don't mind me saying. To also note the way Lord King's arm is bent... to me it looks like he dislocated his arm from his shoulder... ouch. Sorry but I felt it was worth mentioning and could help doing it in that fashion :D . Also Lord King's hair looks as if he's hiding something under there (I wonder what?) He seems like the only one to have had this issue of having a stack of hair, so you probably intentionally did that, but if not, I'd recommended lowering the level of his hair next time. That's my advice anyways.

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2013, 07:16:27 AM »
@Thy Obsessive Freak

Thank you xD I knew Lord King was bad, seeing as when i was unable to choose what his close would be there was a lot of erasing and changing of the body that the anatomy got really distorted and I just really forced myself to finish it. And thank you I am now noticing how big his hair is I will fix that when I redraw Lord King.

I have been trying to work on that problem of mine. My art will start to get really bad if I'm too lazy to draw something or if I'm more focused on drawing something else.

I am very grateful for the detailed advice  :thumbsup:

Offline Thy Obsessive Freak

• From a freak of society
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2013, 07:30:48 AM »
No probs, glad I could be of help.

EDIT: And the Lord King wasn't terrible, he just needs some work done, like the proportions and the hair.

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2013, 10:15:29 PM »
Update. I'm going to trace this in anime studio later

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2013, 03:17:57 PM »
nice improvement, i like the hair more.
it will look awesome once digitalised :P
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline TiNoSa

• FanArtist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2013, 05:39:08 PM »
I think it's better, too ^^
Waiting to see the digitalized version now  ;)

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2013, 07:28:29 PM »
Okay this is going to be a little different because I'm going to be shading and setting the highlights manually. Normally I'd just let anime studio do the shading because its gradient style helps it look more organic but it can difficult to work with. I might use it on Ella's body and then make highlights manually but I'll just have to see how it looks first.