October 13, 2019, 11:12:20 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Kesashi's Gallery  (Read 39282 times)

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
Re: Kesashi's Gallery
« Reply #450 on: September 12, 2019, 10:54:48 PM »
Aww what a pretty character. I like how the different tones in the hair give it depth.
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/star-lock

Offline Daisetsu-bushido

• View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 15, 2019, 09:45:46 AM »
Nice dress :). Adding folds on the material around the waist would make it look more realistic. Try to also experiment with adding backgrounds - they really can give a lot more depth to the whole picture :).

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 15, 2019, 11:21:30 AM »
nice to have two versions to compare the styles, it came out lovely as a vector as well!
I agree the hair looks fab :P
the white highlights on the dress seem a little out of place, I don't know why but it feels like there should either be more highlights, or none at all.
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 15, 2019, 06:41:48 PM »
It's good! Although the left hand seems a bit unnatural. It looks like she's trying to tuck it into a pocket, but what pocket is there in the dress to tuck into? Also: Is there the original around to compare to? If you've based it on an original, why not post that one as well?

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 16, 2019, 05:58:27 PM »
Nice dress :). Adding folds on the material around the waist would make it look more realistic. Try to also experiment with adding backgrounds - they really can give a lot more depth to the whole picture :).

I did actually draw a background in this but I decided against it and it's very difficult to explain why. But the aesthetic just wasn't there and I would need a lot more time to make it work.

nice to have two versions to compare the styles, it came out lovely as a vector as well!
I agree the hair looks fab :P
the white highlights on the dress seem a little out of place, I don't know why but it feels like there should either be more highlights, or none at all.

I feel like you can see right through me because I'd say the highlights were one of the decisions I felt the least comfortable with.

It's good! Although the left hand seems a bit unnatural. It looks like she's trying to tuck it into a pocket, but what pocket is there in the dress to tuck into? Also: Is there the original around to compare to? If you've based it on an original, why not post that one as well?

That is a good idea. I think I did post the painting a long time ago, but I wasn't all that proud of it even when I made it. Both version are drawn from the same sketch. Also there is still a version I saved that has a bit of background.

Original Sketch

Original Painting

version with background

New Character and Saturday's drawing. She's a support hero who uses water based abilities. Inspired by my Swedish friend who wanted to design a character.

Sunday's drawing.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 17, 2019, 03:31:11 AM »
Oh man I love her design. Really sells that 'water elemental' thing. That thumbnailing process is also interesting to me. I should do more studies like this. Usually I make a character but I don't really explore their various emotions or how they act. I just churn out the concept and leave them there haha.

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 17, 2019, 04:47:27 PM »
drawing reflective/shiny material is a real pain to get right. I know, because I can't get it right XD
love the face and hair of the new character!
Also loving the sketches of how the water attack works.
I don't remember your previous characters having an outline for the hair though, so is that a bit of a style change? If not, they might be suited to being in an orange/lighter colour instead of being black/dark.
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 19, 2019, 09:42:09 PM »
I don't remember your previous characters having an outline for the hair though, so is that a bit of a style change? If not, they might be suited to being in an orange/lighter colour instead of being black/dark.

This is something new I'm trying. I think it looks better overall for the style I'm going for. It's had to find the right color for outlines when black isn't good enough.

Another character, Dullahan. The armor is sentient and will be controlled by an AI in the game. The AI will prioritize low health enemies (kind of similar to the actual folk lore of the Dullahan). Her abilities are still up in the air, but right now the concept is that Dullahan is invincible in the armor and the armor is invincible by itself. The goal is to separate Dullahan from the armor where she will then be vulnerable.

Still a bit of a work in progress. I'd like to also draw her inside the armor.

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 01, 2019, 09:24:05 PM »
More characters I'm working on. I'm planning on letting the playerbase vote on which heroes we'll be prioritizing.

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 06, 2019, 04:27:11 AM »
wow Character 3 has some......issues :P

nice transparency on the Dullahan character, and also nice armour.

Yeah the black outlines look fine for the hair, although it sort of makes the hair pop more than everything else. Have you tried to see what it looks like with a black outline for the whole character? For chosing a outline colour other than black, usually a darker version of the colour it borders works really well, so maybe brown lines for blonde hair, dark red lines for skin etc.

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 10, 2019, 04:22:58 PM »
Won't be participating in inktober, but I am still trying to produce something every day. No updates on izabel yet, you could say I'm artist blocked regarding that project at the moment, so I've been exclusively working on Blade Regalia. I've designed an alternative skin for Katherine, and I illustrated one of the sketches.

I've also been working on rebuilding the 3D models so they won't look so creepy when you zoom in on their faces.

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 11, 2019, 01:56:20 PM »
Those gemstones look really great!
As long as you're productive I don't think it matters too much if you get involved in Inktober and suchlike.
Love the glowy chains too.
Looking forward to playing your game when you release it :P

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 11, 2019, 05:23:41 PM »

Another sketch finished: Elise.

For some reason the way I drew this character really reminds me of your work, suuper. It's the strangest feeling.