September 21, 2019, 03:16:41 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Kesashi's Gallery  (Read 38321 times)

Offline suuper-san

• I have no idea what I am doing XD
    • View Profile
Re: Kesashi's Gallery
« Reply #435 on: August 03, 2019, 12:38:53 AM »
programming AI
I love how you just nonchalantly mention that as an in-between thing :P

ugh all that work sounds horrible (0_0;)
I'm sure it'll go fine (^-^)
Prebuilt lighting is something I plan to use for whenever, it's when the main rendering is pre-computed beforehand, I think?
Finding glitches is probably the hardest part because one never knows how many there are or where they are :P
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness
Other: Tutorials / Craft | Feedback & Critique Welcome!!

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 03, 2019, 05:57:08 AM »

programming AI
I love how you just nonchalantly mention that as an in-between thing :P

ugh all that work sounds horrible (0_0;)
I'm sure it'll go fine (^-^)
Prebuilt lighting is something I plan to use for whenever, it's when the main rendering is pre-computed beforehand, I think?
Finding glitches is probably the hardest part because one never knows how many there are or where they are :P

Pre-built lighting is awesome because it means that your CPU can do other things, but it does consume a lot of hard drive space because it has to save all of that computing for later. Spoiler alert, but in Izabel you will be able to control the lights at almost all times, so I can't pre-build all of it. I can only partially build it. Plus I like having cast shadows on the characters.

Yeah AI really just requires a crazy amount of testing because you really don't know what's going to actually happen. Especially if you're using the behavior systems built into unreal engine. If I had built the game engine myself, I would probably have a better idea of exactly what will happen when using behavior scripts. But it's a lot easier when there are very specific and simple things you need the AI to do rather than needing them to be able to strategize against every possible situation which is more like what Blade Regalia's AI will be.

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 03, 2019, 09:55:36 AM »
Yup cast shadows is nice where applicable :P
I like to code as much as possible from scratch personally, but that still doesn't mean I know whats going on XD
Art: Manga / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other | Manga Stories: Overdrive / Endlessness

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 11, 2019, 04:34:54 PM »
Aside from izabel, I'm getting ready to start doing freelance work full time so I've spent some time putting together some sample works for the exact services I'll be selling.

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 12, 2019, 09:03:09 AM »
very nice, the styles look great!
I especially like the third one because it is the most "manga" of them :P
Be sure to let us know how the freelancing goes, like any problems you hit or things you learned, because we will all benefit from hearing your experience! Is it your first time freelancing? What sort of work are you looking for?
I need to start advertising for doing some paid commissions soon but my timetable is all over the place XD

Offline Echo_River

• Mild Observer
  • Need Chips
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 14, 2019, 01:11:47 PM »
Good luck Kesashi! Neat to see your different styles. I like the third one as well. The look of the fourth is cool as well, more realistic O:
No one is perfect . . . that's why there's erasers and extra paper.
DA: http://neysun.deviantart.com
IG: https://www.instagram.com/neysun_hao/
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/star-lock

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 15, 2019, 03:03:36 PM »
More progress on that image. It's difficult to pick which styles to work with here. Now that I have the outlines, there's still a lot of unique things I could do with the shading. For the fourth one, I may attempt to copy the style of Ben Zhang who is a concept artist for Overwatch.

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 07, 2019, 04:26:12 PM »
Well it's hard to move forward selling artwork when I keep getting job offers. First world problems.

While that's on hold I've still been working on Blade Regalia and Izabel. I'm introducing a new character I've been looking forward to for a while now, Jianna. She's supposed to be an exorcist, but outside of that not sure about where this character will take me. Also continuing on that drawing of Izabel as well as programming some new enemies. Unlike the arms which are stuck in the ground, the little hands can walk around and chase you.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 04:29:30 PM by Lord Kesashi »

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 07, 2019, 08:19:49 PM »
DO. NOT. LIKE! *hits hand with a broom*

First world problems indeed! Glad things are going well for you though! Doing creative stuff while also having a full time job is certainly not easy, but it's a balance that can be struck.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 09, 2019, 01:51:29 PM »
the creepiness is tangible XD

nice character and nice weapon and shininess.

Well it's hard to move forward selling artwork when I keep getting job offers.
That's.........problematic? lol
pretty much the reason I only work 2 days a week is because I've got better stuff to do lol

ahhhh programming new enemies, one of the few tasks that is somewhat enjoyable, "probably". keep it up :P

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 09, 2019, 03:54:41 PM »
Well I had a pretty good deal with Amazon, but I left because I got tired of unskilled work. I'd really like to move to a point where I'm doing skilled work even if it isn't drawing. I'd also like to be doing something that's more financially expandable than working for hourly wages. But, the job I got right now is the dream, so I can't complain.

Granted my reasoning may not have been that profound the moment I resigned.

But I am making a big step to try to produce something everyday. Either artwork or updates on the games and I'm focusing on building my social media presence and operating on donations instead of commissions for the time being.

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 09, 2019, 04:02:40 PM »
unskilled work isn't my cup of tea either, although it can be relaxing if you are able to switch off/daydream, which I did when I was a cleaner.

so what job do you have now? you might have said already but I missed it :P

having a daily goal is a great idea. my schedule doesn't allow that now but I pretty much have a weekly/monthly one and it's great for productivity. letting things go more than a week means you start to get into the wrong routine haha.

lots of small steps result in a huge distance covered. keep it up!!!
all the best with the online presence boosting, for me it's something I'm dreading and I hope happens vaguely naturally XD

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 09, 2019, 10:42:25 PM »
Right now I'm working with the University monitoring one of the studio spaces so other people can use it. Conveniently, I also use that space, so it's essentially like getting paid to do school work because aside from making sure no one sets themself on fire, I'm free to do whatever I want in the studio.

Offline suuper-san

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 10, 2019, 01:28:58 PM »
awesome! I get a bit of free reign in my school as well to design things which is nice although probably not quite as free as you are :P
enjoy it and use your time effectively to work on other stuff :P

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 10, 2019, 10:56:06 PM »
Today's drawing. This is an old blade regalia character in her childhood. This is also a re-draw of one of my first oil paintings.