March 29, 2024, 01:19:18 AM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Kesashi's Gallery  (Read 140157 times)

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
Re: Kesashi's Gallery
« Reply #390 on: February 20, 2019, 02:04:21 PM »
More oil paint. This time using only thinner. The goal is to get the layers to dry on a similar time frame. So more thinner on the bottom layer and more medium on the top layer.

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 21, 2019, 01:25:32 AM »
Nice! I have really little understanding of how actual paints on canvas work so I can't comment much other than that I'm genuinely impressed with your versatility. Your game art and your physical art both have a very distinct look to them and they both look very well practiced.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
  • Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 21, 2019, 05:42:00 PM »
Her hand was sacrificed as an offering to the gods so that I could meet the deadline.
XD
well done on the finished piece and yeah often you've got to make that hard decision when you're facing deadlines. it looks great all the same and the shine on the dress is lovely.

nice realistically painted face too. I like it with the white and other paint around and the pencil underneath as an "unfinished" style
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects
Other Stuff: Tutorials / Craft / Cosplay | Feedback & Critique Welcome!

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 22, 2019, 04:32:41 AM »
I like that painting. Those gods are cruel though.

And damn that is a roster of characters. Also explosion martial art sounds amazing haha.

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 24, 2019, 12:06:01 AM »

I'm getting prepared to do an art series on children. I need to prepare a few more works of art for my portfolio review.

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 01, 2019, 06:11:44 PM »

Continuing that painting. I also did a project on the skeleton. The interesting thing about this assignment, is how trying to draw the skeleton in the body of a person you've drawn will really highlight any proportion issues in your work. And I can see that I didn't really handle the foreshortening of that leg properly.

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 01, 2019, 07:48:29 PM »
That painting looking nice so far. She looks like the character in your game.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 02, 2019, 07:50:43 AM »
children are cute to draw, kinda like chibis I guess :)
Interesting idea on drawing a previously done pose in skeleton mode. and great skeleton!
Art: Illustrations / Fanart / Requests (closed) / Other Art | Manga Stories & Projects

Offline VOYA

• Voyager
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 02, 2019, 01:52:25 PM »
If you're still curious how I'm approaching the cursed sword character. You lose control over abilities 1 by 1 until you reach 80%. Also at 80% you lose control over your ability to walk around and jump. It goes down by 2% per second so if you hit 100%, it will take 10 seconds to get below 80%. The only way to force control early is to use your ultimate which will give you 100% corruption but with full control. It only goes up when you try to use abilities without the resource necessary

Here are some new characters
Arianna

Pamelia

Melanie

Some character Redesigns. I've got a lot more of these I'm working on right now.

Amyrie

original

Oblivia

original

Love Arianna's design *crushing*
Hey there, I am using WhatsA- ... oh

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 07, 2019, 02:13:25 PM »
It's been a long time since I've done anime-styled work, but I'm working on a new game project, that I would really like to be able to use for class. So I'm gunning for a demo before May.

It's a horror game called "Izabel". It's designed to turn a story I wrote as a child into an interactive narrative that should feel similar to side scrolling mystery/horror games like Inside and Little Nightmares.

In other art news, the painting is finished. And I also have an assignment to replicate a master artist's work. My professor suggested that my stylistic choices are similar to Da Vinci's work. Which is pretty surreal because for a long time I forgot how Da Vinci inspired the way I draw when I read about him in highschool and how Italian renaissance artists used a technique called "sfumato" which helped separate their art from ancient greek art. Sfumato basically just means soft transitions, and Da Vinci likes to work almost completely without an edge and E.H. Gombrich in his book "The Story of Art" talks about how this, unlike with the ancient greek art, makes it feel like the person has been frozen in time in the image.

That's why I started to love colored pencils because over time you could create the same effect very easily. It's much more difficult in wet media, unless of course, you're using Oil Paint. I'm not finished and I need to work on the eyes, but it's rough because Da Vinci doesn't draw the same way I do, and in order to replicate it, I have to draw it the way he did.

Offline legomaestro

• High Chancellor of Righteousness
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 08, 2019, 03:50:59 AM »
Man it's such a subjective statement I know but traditional work like this really sells me. I just love the idea of it being real and there in your workspace after working on it. Great tones there too. And that does look Da Vinci esque, especially with that yellow tone to the canvas.

Like Izabel and 'Mother'. Strong ink tones there.

Offline Suuper-san

• Level 0 Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 08, 2019, 11:01:40 AM »
I also have an assignment to replicate a master artist's work.
That's called forgery a cool idea. And yeah we can easily forget the things that inspired us so it's great to be reminded of the past like that.
It looks like you've made a good start already but I know exactly what you mean when you say you need to draw the same way to properly capture the art. Almost like you have to think the same way and mimic their whole creation process.
Also great finished portrait, and cool game stuff. I really need to get back into game design, it feels like I'm getting further and further away lol

Offline devola

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 08, 2019, 05:21:51 PM »
I love Izabel's design, very simple cute and creepy at all once. I'm curious about the game's story already just from the character designs! Great work with the assignment, you definitely captured Da Vinci really well imo.

Offline MahluaandMilk

• MagicKal#6370 / Fanservice with Legs
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 08, 2019, 08:27:03 PM »
Unorganized commentary:

That artwork years in review only shows that you've always had a knack for coloring, especially in color blending, as early as your colored pencil.

So many characters...so many...ugh, you're like me. All the OCs. Just about every stereotype and trope will get covered eventually if people like us aren't stopped.

The grind is real man.

This passion project of yours is really coming along now, isn't it? Baby steps lead to big strides or somesuch wisdom.
Haha signature go brr.

Offline L.K. [Taikichi]

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 16, 2019, 12:14:31 AM »
Man it's such a subjective statement I know but traditional work like this really sells me. I just love the idea of it being real and there in your workspace after working on it.

Until you have to find a place to put it, But seriously, you take it for granted when you do a lot of traditional work. I can tell I have a very different relationship with my own digital art. I wasn't even sure if I should include it in my own portfolio when applying to have the university review it.

So many characters...so many...ugh, you're like me. All the OCs. Just about every stereotype and trope will get covered eventually if people like us aren't stopped.

Yeah and I've been trying to go back and flesh out some of the characters I worked on a long time ago. Most of the characters of Izabel have already existed, like Izabel herself, but with different identities. That was originally the goal with Blade Regalia, but then I ran out and had to create brand new ones.

That's called forgery a cool idea.

Not exactly incorrect. Contemporary artwork can have copyrights. I recently found out buildings can be copyrighted. Architecture and interior designs require permission to photograph if it's recognizable.

The more I draw this piece, the more I come to hate Da Vinci for putting me through it.

I love Izabel's design, very simple cute and creepy at all once. I'm curious about the game's story already just from the character designs! Great work with the assignment, you definitely captured Da Vinci really well imo.

During some play testing I've successfully been able to terrify family members without using jump-scares or any audio. Huge win for me since it is my first time working with horror. And it's a bit challenging as I'm trying to avoid gore.

You guys may recognize some of the older works of art in this room. While the game is going to be a reflection on me, the artwork in this room is actually made by the "Mother". The next "enemy" I'm working on is the maid who has been blinded. There will be more artwork that I will have to draw especially for the game because I want the paintings to be your main source of information about what's actually happening. There will be a lot of family portraits. Currently not sure if I want to use any dialogue, so it may be your only source. There's also a few new Blade Regalia characters

Natalie

Regina