October 15, 2018, 11:29:12 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Kesashi's Gallery  (Read 24416 times)

Offline eldritchmaestro

• High Chancellor of Horror
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
Re: Kesashi's Gallery
« Reply #345 on: September 28, 2018, 08:59:48 PM »
Wait wouldn't such armour be heavy as heck more than innefective? And is gold really that soft against attack?

Like the high heels haha, even though I suspect she'd get stuck in the ground many times because of that.

Also magic makes the world go round. Your ability to make so many characters is impressive. Keep at it Kesashi!

Alright I'm going to be honest. I saw somebody doing something I thought was cool so I did it too. What I mean is photo-realistic vector art. But for a number of reasons I decided it was better for my sanity to go for a less photorealistic finish.

Spoiler

Yikes I know this technique. It is insane to make something look really good, but a great  piece here methinks!

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 29, 2018, 12:30:14 AM »
Wait wouldn't such armour be heavy as heck more than innefective? And is gold really that soft against attack?

Like the high heels haha, even though I suspect she'd get stuck in the ground many times because of that.

Also magic makes the world go round. Your ability to make so many characters is impressive. Keep at it Kesashi!

I'm not sure how heavy gold is compared to steel or iron, but the knights armor was lighter than what U.S. soldiers carry on their back. A lot of story writers and game designers really underestimate the efficiency of ancient armor (if it was forged properly). Chainmail will almost protect you from any glancing slash, but not against direct thrusts. Nowadays they're making chainmail gloves to protect your hands from kitchen knives.

But yeah, those heels definitely aren't practical. But there were some pretty simple anti-armor techniques and weapons. Like the Japanese Kanabo.

Speaking of the Kanabo

Offline suupertramp

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 29, 2018, 01:48:23 PM »
that vector character in 3D feel is straaaange :P
wow, photorealistic vectors? I dont think I could stand that haha. I like your counter method of using gradients to simplify the contour process, but still keeping the same feel.
cool gold armour, great work on the 3D stuff, and I like that latest character as well. I think maybe the weapon should be a little lower, it doesn't feel like it's properly sitting on her shoulder, but it's hard to tell regardless. I suppose one great thing about vectors is that if needed you can make alterations like that a lot easier than canvas art.

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 11, 2018, 10:38:46 PM »
So it turns out that gold is 3 times heavier (denser) than Iron. Interesting.

Offline Coryn

• Director of the MR Science Division
  • Global Moderator
  • Secretly a 13 year old girl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 12, 2018, 07:44:51 AM »
That is certainly a true statement you've made there.

Will review stories upon request. My latest arc: http://goo.gl/KYgsfF

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 13, 2018, 03:07:24 AM »
If you thought gold armor was the height of ironic impracticality, allow me to introduce the extra long Odachi. I wanted to create a healer character who heals by attacking her allies, so the interesting thing about this concept is that her sword should be long enough that she could theoretically line up an ally to attack and an enemy right in front of them to hit them both at the same time hurting the enemy and healing the ally.

Obviously this weapon would break under its own weight unless it was made out of an extremely springy steel, or of course, enhanced by the wearing of a Regalia.

Offline KeanFox

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 13, 2018, 06:01:17 AM »
Thats sounds like an interesting game mechanic.