October 19, 2018, 08:43:52 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Kesashi's Gallery  (Read 24506 times)

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
Re: Kesashi's Gallery
« Reply #240 on: January 19, 2015, 10:31:52 AM »
The right eye (left on paper) looks a little crooked.  I took my hand an hid that part and it looked perfect.  I tried hiding the other eye but it still looked crooked.  But your pencil shading looks amazing as always...

Thank you  :D, I didn't notice that about the eyes before, but I'm just hopeless with free-hand symmetry, I'll have to take more measurements on the eyes next time.

Just more practicing faces here, I don't really know any proportions for seeing the face at different angles, I know there are some, but I don't remember them.

Trying to resist the urge to mix mediums between colored pencil and graphite.

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 20, 2015, 12:13:16 AM »
The ear looks a little too low and too small.  In manga proportions the ear is lined up with the top of the eye and is a little bigger...  Real life proportions the ear goes from the eyebrow down to the bottom of the nose (in manga the eyes are enlarged so it is different)

Offline April.Showers

• Amateur Manga Artist
  • Always Looking to Improve
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 20, 2015, 09:44:25 AM »
Usually the eye closer to us (the one seen in full) is farther away from the nose, and the one on the other side would be a bit more compact width wise. Also the ear, but that was previously mentioned, other than those two things it's a really good drawing.
Life goal-
To be able to draw Marilyn Monroe
Progress- I drew an eye. (^-^')

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 12, 2015, 03:00:34 AM »
I noticed my images have been going away, I guess facebook's changing the urls, and I don't feel like re-posting them.

It's been a while and it's time for more pictures.

This one was for my school's art show, whenever that'll be.

This is just concept art for a new manga idea I plan to work on

Spoiler

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 28, 2015, 09:03:57 PM »
Got a new computer, but I can't use my scanner until I feel like connecting it to my computer, but instagram will suffice. Testing out anime in colored pencil again, probably wasn't wise to use white clothes to practice not using outlines.

Spoiler

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 04, 2015, 12:43:38 AM »
I've updated my first post. Now most of my images are restored in you'd like to see them I'll try to restore more later.

Offline eldritchmaestro

• High Chancellor of Horror
  • Global Moderator
  • real life has wack graphics
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 04, 2015, 01:12:58 AM »
I really like the look coloured pencils can achieve, especially after seeing the Hunter x Hunter concept art they posted one. That gallery exhibition one looks great, and I like the latest character.

Yeah fb tends to break off image links like that.

Anyways good stuff

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 05, 2015, 12:19:06 AM »
I really like the look coloured pencils can achieve, especially after seeing the Hunter x Hunter concept art they posted one. That gallery exhibition one looks great, and I like the latest character.

Yeah fb tends to break off image links like that.

Anyways good stuff

Especially from a distance, I love colored pencils, they just feel so unexpectedly lifelike every time I work with them.  :thumbsup:

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 22, 2015, 01:34:10 AM »
I'm really liking the effects I can get with Anime studio. It's very colorful and appealing, a lot better than my older works with Anime Studio.

Offline MK

• Super Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 23, 2015, 03:25:14 AM »
Wow, I looked through your old art and I have to say that you have improved quite a bit since you started.  Pretty inspiring stuff there :D

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 15, 2015, 01:36:39 AM »
More Anime Studio. Just a sneak peak really of another story I've written as I ready it for its manga adaptation. Since I'm already satisfied with the story I'll post this one once I'm done illustrating it. Here I've hastily drawn one of the main characters.

Spoiler
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 01:40:42 AM by Lord Kesashi »

Offline Boosted Nomena :)

• Symmetry lover
  • Please don't PM me for Free Commission requests
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 15, 2015, 11:11:17 AM »
nice work ... though I think I prefer the coloured pencil look  ;D
Cheers,
How about some violin :)
https://youtu.be/yGdmqwjKoD8

Offline suupertramp

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 15, 2015, 11:14:43 AM »
switching to digital can be hard to color as good as you can traditionally at first. just as it is hard at first to use a tablet.

@kesashi it looks like you are using gradient-fills for some parts. that can make those areas have a lack of depth if you aren't careful with the settings. like around the knees which have a shadow on the kneecaps as well, not just to the side of the leg all the way down.

Offline Lord Kesashi

• The Cel Shader
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 15, 2015, 01:51:01 PM »
Oh yes, my studio when it comes to drawing on digital work you could say is pretty nontraditional of digital drawing studios. With this program I work with vectors and points. I like it because it means I don't need a tablet and I can draw with a mouse and it makes things infinitely maluable. Of course it needs to be easily edited because Anime Studio is actually an animation software. I've been working with anime studio pretty much as long as I've been drawing, but it just has its own set of strengths and weaknesses. Colored pencil can take hours or days as opposed to anime studio which can take about 30 minutes. With the difference of effort I'm actually glad that the colored pencil works do look better.

I actually do use the automated shader anime studio has, but I decrease the offset and increase the range so it gives it that gradient effect instead of just solid colors. I can see it definitely makes their bodies look pretty flat when I let it work its own. On top of that I draw on some shaded regions using a similar transparent gray tone.

Spoiler

Here's some older work with anime studio showing how I would transfer traditional lineart into digital work. I used to use the shader as my sole source of shading, and it's incredibly difficult to work with because its so mathematical.

2012 Lineart
2012 Anime Studio
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 08:41:42 PM by Lord Kesashi »

Offline Boosted Nomena :)

• Symmetry lover
  • Please don't PM me for Free Commission requests
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 16, 2015, 04:51:08 AM »
how long does it take you to go from a traditional lineart to the anime studio product?

I think it would be much more convenient and time saving to work with a tablet...isn't it too much work to use the mouse?
Cheers,
How about some violin :)
https://youtu.be/yGdmqwjKoD8