October 19, 2018, 08:02:32 PM

------------------------------------------

If you have Login Problems Use the Login in Top Menu Bar

------------------------------------------
If you have a problem registering here, Leave a msg at our FB Page >> Here.

Plz Don't use Hotmail to Register. You might not receive Activation mail. Use Other free mail provider like Gmail or Yahoo.

Author Topic: Daisetsu's works  (Read 16806 times)

Offline suupertramp

• Anyone need a wall of text?
    • View Profile
Re: Daisetsu's works
« Reply #210 on: July 01, 2018, 04:38:32 PM »
pretty awesome. I prefer the black and white to the previous color one, but that might be my bias anyway. looks like you are definitely getting used to it as you say.

I assume the chess pieces (thanks for pointing that out Walter) are made of wood? if not then this is embarrassing. i recognized its a wood texture so its definitely not bad, but often the lines of wood run for much longer, and often wobble as they go around what were branches and stuff on the tree, leaving knots behind as the little circles you see. I recommend drawing a few circles/ovals and then drawing lines lengthways along the object, curving so you miss the circles. with every next line, try and miss the previous line so the wobbles become rather soft. Google "wood cartoon" or even "wood manga" to get some great reference points for simplification, or use real wood as a reference and try and copy that. Or use a wood texture which would look awesome.

I too am curious to what is going on, though :P

Offline MahluaandMilk

• Queen of Lurking Losers / Ms. Fanservice
  • Resident Witchipedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 01, 2018, 05:25:00 PM »
Just two quick questions about that piece, if you don't mind. Which way is the body supposed to be facing, and how do the shoulders connect to it? It might just be that the dress is really obscuring my view, but it's visually confusing to me.

Offline Daisetsu-bushido

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 14, 2018, 05:15:08 AM »
Man, time flies so fast that I can't find myself in it at all :P. As always thanks for the comments. Last one came out a bit twiested because of the perspective :P.

Finally I managed to make another steampunk themed work :). This time spying fairies with light bubbles attacking the Cogwealth sisters, Amelia and Amy [my OCs] :P.
Colors done mostly by using the oil paint brush in MediBang - that's why it looks a bit chaotic - wanted to achieve something different than solid flat colors.

Hope you like it :)